Sample location issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aosta

08 Mar 2023

Just looking for a bit of advice please,
I might be having a complete brain fart day but I just opened an old track I was playing around with and there is a wav loop I used and I have no idea where it is buried in my many many folders on my hard drive as I want to explore other samples in that location.
I just need the file name but cannot find it in song samples in the track and cannot find the name of the wav in the arrangement.
I'm sure I'm missing something really simple and will probably slap my forehead when someone gives the answer.
Thankings for the advice :thumbup:
Tend the flame

jam-s

08 Mar 2023

It's one of the imho missing features in Reason. Either there should be a way to generate a complete list of all samples used in a song or each imported audio clip should at least have the clip label automatically set to its file name. Sadly neither seems to be implemented, yet.

huggermugger

08 Mar 2023

Reason embeds all the imported/recorded audio into the project file, which makes it invisible outside of Reason. Having worked for years in ProTools and Logic, I can't imagine ever doing a recorded-audio project in Reason, it's a bit of a joke frankly.
Last edited by huggermugger on 08 Mar 2023, edited 1 time in total.

dioxide

08 Mar 2023

If the loop is audio in the Sequencer you can got into Comp Edit mode and it will show the name of the original file. If the loop is in the Rack you can go to File > Show Self-Contain Settings to see sample names.

Aosta

08 Mar 2023

dioxide wrote:
08 Mar 2023
If the loop is audio in the Sequencer you can got into Comp Edit mode and it will show the name of the original file. If the loop is in the Rack you can go to File > Show Self-Contain Settings to see sample names.
Fantastic! Thanks :clap:
I'd tried looking in the slice and edit modes and gave up..always the last place you look.
As others have said Reason's relation to audio files is a bit odd and something that needs addressing really.
Tend the flame

Rising Night Wave

08 Mar 2023

Aosta wrote:
08 Mar 2023
Just looking for a bit of advice please,
I might be having a complete brain fart day but I just opened an old track I was playing around with and there is a wav loop I used and I have no idea where it is buried in my many many folders on my hard drive as I want to explore other samples in that location.
I just need the file name but cannot find it in song samples in the track and cannot find the name of the wav in the arrangement.
I'm sure I'm missing something really simple and will probably slap my forehead when someone gives the answer.
Thankings for the advice :thumbup:
:lol: hahaha

sorry for completely irrelevant comment but i laughed myself a lot when i read this. it happens, you know. hehe.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information