Is there a 2023 Roadmap?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mimidancer

29 Jan 2023

Is there a 2023 Roadmap? Is there any information on what type of synth might be coming in reason? Will advanced MIDI get more than 4 slots(i have stuffs to plugin)? Can someone tell the robotic beans guy I need Sequences to go to 128 steps? Is this thing on?

challism

29 Jan 2023

2023 Roadmap very likely to look something like this:

Reason announcement -> endless complaints
new RE release -> endless complaints
another R12 update -> endless complaints
M1 support -> endless complaints
and so on

You can contact RB many different ways, including contacting Buddard here on RT.
Sequences can do well over 128 steps if you use the play/skip conditions. And you can also automate the 8 different patterns (as I'm sure you are aware). I'm looking forward to/hoping for another Sequences update someday, but until then, you can use these workarounds.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

29 Jan 2023

Based on the reaction to the last roadmap I think RS are not going to be in a hurry to publish another!

motuscott

29 Jan 2023

Mapquest™ says no
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

huggermugger

29 Jan 2023

Bring a sleeping bag...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 1.01.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 1.01.45 PM.png (174.28 KiB) Viewed 10887 times

motuscott

29 Jan 2023

Tee hee

Heater

29 Jan 2023

What would be the point. They can’t stick to it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2023

I've said it before, but I'm pretty content with still being on R11. I sort of live in my own little Reason bubble and therefore I don't really know too much about what else I'm missing out on feature wise compared to other DAWs. That may seem like a bad thing. I must be missing out right? But I consider myself lucky. Rather than longing after a bunch of features I supposedly need, I just use what I have available and focus all my energy on making music instead.

I often feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't have a long wishlist for DAW improvements.
For me, I'm fine with a couple of new RE releases from RS every now and then. That's probably what excites me most anyways to be honest. I'm looking forward to see what the new instrument is.

mimidancer

29 Jan 2023

huggermugger wrote:
29 Jan 2023
Bring a sleeping bag...

love

mimidancer

29 Jan 2023

challism wrote:
29 Jan 2023
2023 Roadmap very likely to look something like this:

Reason announcement -> endless complaints
new RE release -> endless complaints
another R12 update -> endless complaints
M1 support -> endless complaints
and so on

You can contact RB many different ways, including contacting Buddard here on RT.
Sequences can do well over 128 steps if you use the play/skip conditions. And you can also automate the 8 different patterns (as I'm sure you are aware). I'm looking forward to/hoping for another Sequences update someday, but until then, you can use these workarounds.
endless complaints? is that a wham song?

yeah working around the steps limit is easy. I just want them in a row.

mimidancer

29 Jan 2023

motuscott wrote:
29 Jan 2023
Mapquest™ says no

Did you print the response like in the olden days?

motuscott

29 Jan 2023

mimidancer wrote:
29 Jan 2023
motuscott wrote:
29 Jan 2023
Mapquest™ says no

Did you print the response like in the olden days?
You kids!
Copied it out in cursive, don't you know

crimsonwarlock

29 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2023
I often feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't have a long wishlist for DAW improvements.
What? wait..... :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

mimidancer

29 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2023
I've said it before, but I'm pretty content with still being on R11. I sort of live in my own little Reason bubble and therefore I don't really know too much about what else I'm missing out on feature wise compared to other DAWs. That may seem like a bad thing. I must be missing out right? But I consider myself lucky. Rather than longing after a bunch of features I supposedly need, I just use what I have available and focus all my energy on making music instead.

For me, I'm fine with a couple of new RE releases from RS every now and then. That's probably what excites me most anyways to be honest. I'm looking forward to see what the new instrument is.
I really love 12. The combinator and Mimic are totally worth it. I am also loving using my vst3s without bluecat.

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2023

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2023
Based on the reaction to the last roadmap I think RS are not going to be in a hurry to publish another!
I double dare them to put "publish next roadmap" in their next roadmap.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out 🙈

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2023

mimidancer wrote:
29 Jan 2023
I really love 12. The combinator and Mimic are totally worth it. I am also loving using my vst3s without bluecat.
Mimic would be nice to have. But that's pretty much the only thing in R12 I truly care about. I did plan on upgrading back when the R12 upgrade was first released, but since it was riddled with problems I didn't. I know they've sorted most things out by now. But it took them so long that all the I initial hype I felt around the upgrade is long gone.
I might as well wait and see what R13 (or R14) has to offer.

dvdrtldg

02 Feb 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2023

Same (except I'm on R12). The amount of energy people put into focusing obsessively on the things Reason doesn't offer or the features Reason doesn't have is a constant source of amazement to me. Personally I'm looking forward to native M1 support, but it'll happen when it happens, and in the meantime I'm fine. I couldn't give a shit about their "road map"

MuttReason

02 Feb 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Feb 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Jan 2023

Same (except I'm on R12). The amount of energy people put into focusing obsessively on the things Reason doesn't offer or the features Reason doesn't have is a constant source of amazement to me. Personally I'm looking forward to native M1 support, but it'll happen when it happens, and in the meantime I'm fine. I couldn't give a shit about their "road map"
I’m not too bothered by the things that aren’t there because what *is* there is plenty to play with IME. It would be good to sort out various capability gaps in the DAW (markers especially) but no dealbreakers here for me.

Only pressing issue for me personally is that my daughter’s laptop is flaking out at a critical moment and it looks like I will be donating my laptop to her. Which means I will be going down the Mac M1/M2 route sooner than I wanted to (current laptop is Intel MacBook Pro) so I’m now taking a particularly keen interest in M1 support… don’t much like the idea of a performance hit running RRP in Rosetta in Ableton Live 11. But otherwise… let’s see what comes along.

selig
RE Developer

02 Feb 2023

Heater wrote:
29 Jan 2023
What would be the point. They can’t stick to it.
It’s not the map they have problems with sticking to, it’s the timeline. It’s like saying I have a roadmap to go visit my sister, and I get there a day late. I still stick to the road map because I reach my destination, I just get there a day late.
Most folks what to know what’s coming, and most understand things don’t always meet the deadline.
But so far, they have delivered on the past roadmap (not yet getting to M1, which is supposed to be in the works) unless I’m missing something.
Selig Audio, LLC

BRIGGS

02 Feb 2023

r11s

Last Alternative

02 Feb 2023

I’m not complaining but it’s incredibly frustrating how long M1 support is taking. Just a fact. Tired of the lag bugs. And somehow the Reason drums sound Bank just *POOF* disappeared so now I need to reinstall.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

deeplink
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2023

Just because no one else has actually said it;

Technically yes there is, as posted by RS on 18 December 2022 (ref: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/roadmap- ... as-agevik/)

In summary, Apple Silicone Support, Offline Authorization and further new features.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

kurtg

03 Feb 2023

deeplink wrote:
02 Feb 2023
Just because no one else has actually said it;

Technically yes there is, as posted by RS on 18 December 2022 (ref: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/roadmap- ... as-agevik/)

In summary, Apple Silicone Support, Offline Authorization and further new features.
looking forward to apple silicone beta. Hopefully soon.

DaveyG

03 Feb 2023

Typically when a company/project post a roadmap they don't include any timescales.
A roadmap is more a list of the big stuff they hope to add and the order in which it will be added. But stuff can and does change.

tronam

11 Feb 2023

By the time Reason finally gets M1 native support Apple will have lapped them a third time with the M3. ;)
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information