Sample pitch's up automatically when playing back...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jaeproduced

19 Jan 2023

Anyone else having a problem with the sample pitching itself up when it loops repeatedly. It doesn't matter if I use the NNXT or Serato Sample to playback chopped samples after playing the loop back for a little while the device automatically pitches the sample up. I think it may be my midi controller Nextar Impact 49+ which I've noticed some weird behavior lately. I have the latest firmware from Nextar installed I didn't have this problem until Reason 12 updates started coming out. Maybe they can provided a fix since everybody doesn't use Akai midi controllers...Hint Hint

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2023

Check the front panel of the sampler to see if any knobs or the pitch wheel is not where it should be, which would be the case if the controller is sending errant data.
Other questions that may help solve the issue:
How long does it take to pitch up, how fast does it change (gradually or all at once), how far does the pitch change, and does it stop moving up after a certain point?
Selig Audio, LLC

jaeproduced

21 Jan 2023

selig wrote:
20 Jan 2023
Check the front panel of the sampler to see if any knobs or the pitch wheel is not where it should be, which would be the case if the controller is sending errant data.
Other questions that may help solve the issue:
How long does it take to pitch up, how fast does it change (gradually or all at once), how far does the pitch change, and does it stop moving up after a certain point?
It pitches up all at once I have to stop the song start over for the correct pitch level to play correctly. I think it's a midi data issue with my keyboard Nextar Impact 49+ that just needs a firmware update or Reason needs to update the firmware for all midi controllers not just Akai controllers...

Aquila

21 Jan 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
21 Jan 2023
Nextar Impact 49+ that just needs a firmware update or Reason needs to update the firmware for all midi controllers not just Akai controllers...
My Impact works just fine. Yours probably just has a faulty pitch wheel.

• Information