Thor phase issue when stacked (volume)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mbs

16 Jan 2023

Hello. Used 5 thor to create nice widened pluck saw bass, but discovered that on each note there is a huge difference in volume, even when the midi note is always at 100 and the same length. my guess would be that Thor is not setting off from a fixed position on the waveforms so that stacking them does not create equal phase cancellation on each note. So.. my question is if there is anyway except for using samples, to force thor offsetting from a certain position in the phase. Did anyone else experience similar issues.

thanks in advance
//mbs
Attachments
volume-issue-1.jpg
volume-issue-1.jpg (67.83 KiB) Viewed 810 times

Pepin

17 Jan 2023

It's not exactly the same, but you could try using the Wavetable oscillator instead of the Analog oscillator.
The Basic Analog wavetable with position at max is a saw wave.

mbs

17 Jan 2023

Pepin wrote:
17 Jan 2023
It's not exactly the same, but you could try using the Wavetable oscillator instead of the Analog oscillator.
The Basic Analog wavetable with position at max is a saw wave.
Great answer it actually fixed the issue. Thank you very much. :D
I attached the combinator patch in a file with the new result.

Best regards
//mbs
Attachments
PLUCK SAW BASS.7z
(18.89 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

mimidancer

26 Jan 2023

mbs wrote:
16 Jan 2023
Hello. Used 5 thor to create nice widened pluck saw bass, but discovered that on each note there is a huge difference in volume, even when the midi note is always at 100 and the same length. my guess would be that Thor is not setting off from a fixed position on the waveforms so that stacking them does not create equal phase cancellation on each note. So.. my question is if there is anyway except for using samples, to force thor offsetting from a certain position in the phase. Did anyone else experience similar issues.

thanks in advance
//mbs
I am happy your issue was fixed but could you share the patch? I want to look into it, ya know, for science.

• Information