experiences with Logic Pro

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gritz

03 Jan 2023

So over Christmas decided I was going to learn Logic Pro - downloaded it and started.

the funny thing is it seems Logic Pro has some oddities which I've not experienced with Reason, such as if you start your song at the start on the first bar if any of the notes are a fraction before the start of the track then they are not heard on playback and you have to fiddle around with them which is something reason has always done instinctively

there's clicks and glitches which are annoying and so obvious to someone who has been using other DAW for years, I will endeavour with it but it doesn't generate any creativity in me, unlike when I open up reason, I just start playing around and before long I have at least written something - perhaps Logic Pro is great for mixing or mastering but so far, I'm not that convinced.

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2023

Sometimes it helps to sit down with someone who uses Logic Pro.

Back in the day (before Apple bought it) I always noticed them working in the same particular way. They did not record from the first bar. They'd record with a manual pre-count and then clip.

Also, check to see if your clip doesn't still contain the notes before (Ableton Live does this pretty well).

Maybe even just check the workflow on YouTube to see how people normally deal with this. Either there are some features you need to enable/configure, or it's just a different workflow (where bar 1 does not exist) ...

• Information