Volt 2 and recording

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
voiceprint1

26 Dec 2022

Just got a Volt 2, using with reason 10 on os 12.6

my questions, what is a good audio recording input buffer?, when I set the buffer higher it got glitchy, and did not record all notes? also Reason seems to not want to see or remember the audio in preferences, it seems to default to something else, then I have to re-select each time?

finally is the aggregate audio in mono or stereo? I ask because it seems to want to split the aggregate channel into two parts (ch 3-4), and it's not clear if each aggregate channel is stereo or two separate monos?

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 9.29.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 9.29.50 AM.png (184.04 KiB) Viewed 362 times

MuttReason

26 Dec 2022

Total round trip latency of around 10ms is pretty good. If you can get that without pops, clicks and dropouts then all is well. The numbers in your screenshot look fine. Anything under about 15ms is imperceptible to most people.

Not sure why you’re using the Volt 2 in an Aggregate Device setup, do you have the option of using the Volt 2 interface in its own right in the Reason audio preferences drop down menu?

IME whatever audio interface you select in Reason audio preferences will automatically be selected the next time you start up Reason unless that particular interface is not connected in which case Reason will fall back to the system audio setting (eg MacBook speakers if you’re on a Mac).

voiceprint1

26 Dec 2022

thanks, dumb question, but when the volt is set to the in/out, you use it's headphone out to monitor everything coming from reason and the OS?

MuttReason

27 Dec 2022

voiceprint1 wrote:
26 Dec 2022
thanks, dumb question, but when the volt is set to the in/out, you use it's headphone out to monitor everything coming from reason and the OS?
Yes, you do. The Volt 2 is your audio interface so whatever goes into it from your computer will be passed to the headphones out.

• Information