Not happy with reward points

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sinnerfire

21 Dec 2022

Hey peeps,

I managed to save up 75 reward points, I went to the rewards page and exchanged the rewards points for a £75 reward voucher, I used the voucher to buy BV-X Vocoder which is £64 in the sale.

Soooo my question is where is my £11 change?

This has happened every time I use the rewards page and it seems like a cheap way to rip us off.

The rewards page says 75 reward points for £75 reward voucher.

I think this needs to change 👀
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

DaveyG

21 Dec 2022

I think your £11 goes into the RS Christmas beer fund. The sad thing is that it will barely buy one beer at Swedish prices. Poor RS.

huggermugger

21 Dec 2022

You don't get change. Unfortunately, Props doesn't spell this out in the Rewards explanation. Reach out to Customer Support and ask them to restore the lost points to your account. They tend to be pretty responsive.

sinnerfire

21 Dec 2022

Seems a bit strange that every product on the rewards page is over or under £75 which means that no matter what you buy, you will always loose money/points?

Reasonstudios Christmas Sale!!
Buy BV-X Vocoder for £64 or if your a loyal customer we will charge you £75 🤦‍♂️

Let’s give back to the customers by taking more from them is how that reads to me.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2022

sinnerfire wrote:
21 Dec 2022
Seems a bit strange that every product on the rewards page is over or under £75 which means that no matter what you buy, you will always loose money/points?

Buy BV-X Vocoder for £64 or if your a loyal customer we will charge you £75 🤦‍♂️

Let’s give back to the customers by taking more from them is how that reads to me.
I hear you. I really do. But they didn’t charge you £75, they took 75 points. You also got those points free for previous purchases you made.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

21 Dec 2022

'Back in the day', it was possible that BV-X wouldn't have even be in the Rewards shop. But if it was, and it was going on sale, it was removed from the Rewards shop.

That and most everything in the Rewards shop was $99+ and the greatest reward was 50 points, so most of the time you were having to pay $50 out of pocket to get anything from the Rewards Shop. Before anytime anything went on sale, it was removed from the Rewards shop.

Buying something with just points before was not even possible, and thus the possibility of having change in points was not a thing.

If you haven't yet, you should read the other threads about the Rewards program. It's improved and they are listening.

- They've added voucher amounts.
- They've made it so that points no longer expire (only vouchers expire after 60 days).
- They now include all of the Reason Studios REs in the Rewards shop.
- The Reason Studios REs (and some others) remain in the Rewards Shop when on sale.

Not everybody loses points, because some people use a voucher+money.

But James seems to agree with the idea about receiving change when using points:
viewtopic.php?p=574961#p574961

DaveyG

21 Dec 2022

RS have significantly improved the rewards thing but I don't understand why they have the voucher system at all. Why not just allow points to be used directly, so in the OPs case they would use 64 points? Sorted.

They could always set a maximum number of points per transaction, or restrict points usage to a percentage of the overall cost. It just seems they have come up with an unnecessarily convoluted system.

WOO

21 Dec 2022

I have 11 purchases of nine dollars each for which I received 0 points. Why can't they keep a running total of purchases?

sinnerfire

21 Dec 2022

Loopmasters.com give you virtual cash as a reward for your purchases, Reason studios give you a voucher that always rips you off no matter what you buy in the rewards shop?

Makes no sense?

crimsonwarlock

21 Dec 2022

Getting ripped off by something you get for free... weird :shock:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MarkTarlton

21 Dec 2022

I agree with you, that there could be be a better system in place.

It's designed to get you to buy more stuff, I just got the chord player and lost a few points, it happens every time i use them, it can be frustrating since you get 5% of the purchase value added to your rewards, excluding reward RE's you get free, so 11 points is the equivalent of spending 220 dollars.

jam-s

21 Dec 2022

sinnerfire wrote:
21 Dec 2022

The way to game the system is to add more than one RE/Refill to the shopping cart before using the voucher. That way you can get close to or just a little over 75.

crimsonwarlock

22 Dec 2022

jam-s wrote:
21 Dec 2022
The way to game the system...
They also round up your purchases for reward points. So, anything over 10 bucks will give you a reward point. Buy something for 53 bucks you get 3 reward points. So, sometimes it is handy to put things together, and sometimes it is better to split the purchases.

Example: you want to buy one RE for 17 and one for 53. Together, that will earn you 3 reward points (70 bucks total doesn't round up). As separate purchases, it will give you 4 points.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2022

This thread made me go check my rewards as I never even thought about buying anything else from RS and seen I have 145 points. I go to the shop and noticed Soul School 1&2 are on sale for $99 so I cashed out the most you can get at $125 but the voucher didn't work at checkout. So I follow the link from the voucher page that takes you to a section in the shop where you can buy Re and notice Soul 1&2 are $69 a piece on sale. So I go to checkout now instead of paying $99 it jumps to $138 and the voucher works for the higher price lol and I ended up coming out of $13 of my own money. Reason Studios maaaannn all you can do is laugh it off.

stillifegaijin

22 Dec 2022

Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2022
This thread made me go check my rewards as I never even thought about buying anything else from RS and seen I have 145 points. I go to the shop and noticed Soul School 1&2 are on sale for $99 so I cashed out the most you can get at $125 but the voucher didn't work at checkout. So I follow the link from the voucher page that takes you to a section in the shop where you can buy Re and notice Soul 1&2 are $69 a piece on sale. So I go to checkout now instead of paying $99 it jumps to $138 and the voucher works for the higher price lol and I ended up coming out of $13 of my own money. Reason Studios maaaannn all you can do is laugh it off.
The bundle isn’t in the rewards shop. Each individual refill is in the rewards shop for $69 each, thus $138 together. It’s really pretty straightforward.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2022

I own a lot of software and can't recall ever having to pay more using a voucher when there's the exact same combo on the page for less cash lol. It just feels like it hurts RS to give you something.

stillifegaijin wrote:
22 Dec 2022
Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2022
The bundle isn’t in the rewards shop. Each individual refill is in the rewards shop for $69 each, thus $138 together. It’s really pretty straightforward.

unclenofun

22 Dec 2022

I can't see this a rip-off at all...the vouchers you get a FREE with purchaces of other stuff! they could change their system b y not doing it at all....I think it's great that they do..but regardless, you haven't lost £11...you've gained a free instrument! they don't have to do a rewards system at all

phonoghosts

22 Dec 2022

Personally, I've been happy with the reward points system, since I was able to get Algoritm for free, and Pattern Mutator and Bassline Generator for just £3 each! Really can't complain about that.

But yes, it would be simpler just to make points = £$€

joeyluck

22 Dec 2022

I don't think many people read my post above?

It used to be that buying anything with just points wasn't even possible. And not every Reason Studios RE was in the Rewards shop. The greatest voucher amount was $50 and the cheapest RE was $99. And if something went on sale, it was removed from the Rewards Shop.

So now here we are talking about buying a RE using nothing but points, while it is on sale. I agree having 'points change' would be good, but it has come a long way. And James agreed with the idea of receiving change in points as well (I included the link).

Back in my day, we had to climb uphill, barefoot in the snow to use our Rewards points and still have to pay around $50 out of pocket to get something.

stillifegaijin

22 Dec 2022

Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2022
I own a lot of software and can't recall ever having to pay more using a voucher when there's the exact same combo on the page for less cash lol. It just feels like it hurts RS to give you something.

stillifegaijin wrote:
22 Dec 2022

The point is that the bundle is not “on the page”. The bundle is not in the rewards shop. You can only use reward points for items in the rewards shop, not the entire regular shop. They are allowed to make rules, like every company ever, on how rewards points are used.

• Information