Audio/Recording problem Reason 11 Suite

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FrankJaeger

20 Dec 2022

Hi,
I'm having problems trying to record in Reason 11 suite. It's super strange because my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 2nd gen) appears in the audio settings drop menu with a green checkmark. My monitors work fine plugged into it and when I go to record something, the LEDs around the gain knob light up to show signal is indeed going through, but in Reason there's absolutely no audio being recorded on the track. I'm on a Mac and it's the same thing in system preferences under sound. It shows that there is a signal passing through but no audio can be heard. Can anyone help with this? Is it Reason bugging out or something else? I'll buy a new interface if I have to but would prefer, obviously, to not if there truly is nothing wrong with this one. Thanks for any advice.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

PhillipOrdonez

20 Dec 2022

Check the little 🔊 icon is green, that should let you monitor the input. The record enable button should also be on in order to record. This is all in the sequencer window.

FrankJaeger

23 Dec 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Dec 2022
Check the little 🔊 icon is green, that should let you monitor the input. The record enable button should also be on in order to record. This is all in the sequencer window.

Thanks for replying. But both of those are good though. I tried another audio interface but it's the same as before.Audio plays through the monitors connected to the interface so the output is good but no sound gets recorded into reason. I'm going to try a few more things and then submit a ticked to RS.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

chimp_spanner

25 Dec 2022

Have you pressed the input config button in the audio settings to make sure the inputs are enabled/ticked? And are its inputs showing up as available options for audio track inputs in the sequencer? That’s the only thing I can think right now.

FrankJaeger

26 Dec 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Dec 2022
Have you pressed the input config button in the audio settings to make sure the inputs are enabled/ticked? And are its inputs showing up as available options for audio track inputs in the sequencer? That’s the only thing I can think right now.
Hi, I figured it out. It was a security feature of OSX Mojave where you need to give every app permission to use a microphone on your computer. Reason wasn't white listed so it was blocked from recording any audio altogether. Thanks for replying though :thumbup:
Midniite Music

• Information