Selectively hiding individual plugins?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
carvingcode

20 Dec 2022

Is there a way to selectively hide certain VST plugins? I know we can turn off entire folders, but that removes from the list all plugins in that folder.

Example: If I uncheck "VST" folder, all VST 2 plugins are hidden. Not what I need as there are a few VST 2 plugins I do need access to.

Thanks for answers and suggestions.

honeyBadger

20 Dec 2022

Have you looked at the manage plug-ins window:
http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... .14.6.html

And disabling the ones you want to hide. This will prevent them from loading at all so they won’t be available if a project was using them.
Last edited by honeyBadger on 20 Dec 2022, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

20 Dec 2022

And if there are groups of plugins you want to turn off until you need them, you can always organize your plugins into separate folders/subfolders and easily add/remove that folder. I did this with my Waves plugins so that Reason doesn't have to scan the WaveShells every time.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7530132

And as honeyBadger mentioned, these solutions (both unselecting a folder or disabling from the Manage Plugins window) will mean that those plugins won't be available and Reason will complain that they are missing if you open a project that uses them.

carvingcode

21 Dec 2022

Thanks, joeyluck and honeybadger. Just what I needed.

• Information