New Roadmap (December 2022)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bitley

29 Dec 2022

Marc64 wrote:
29 Dec 2022
To sum up: ppl are never satisfied with whatever they get/have. Allways wanting more...
I kind of see the first person who made a flute and put 5 holes in it for the fingers to play & reach different notes.

10 people loves it and asks the person to create one for them, they pay with fresh vegetables.

Person gets happy, feels, wow, finally I could contribute with to this forest, as bad I am at fishing and picking vegetables.

An 11th person comes along saying this is crap. Any so called flute needs at least 8 holes.

LittleBoy

29 Dec 2022

bitley wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Marc64 wrote:
29 Dec 2022
To sum up: ppl are never satisfied with whatever they get/have. Allways wanting more...
I kind of see the first person who made a flute and put 5 holes in it for the fingers to play & reach different notes.

10 people loves it and asks the person to create one for them, they pay with fresh vegetables.

Person gets happy, feels, wow, finally I could contribute with to this forest, as bad I am at fishing and picking vegetables.

An 11th person comes along saying this is crap. Any so called flute needs at least 8 holes.
And precisely for this reason 10,000 years ago we made music with sticks and stones, and now we do it with computers and we can emulate orchestras on any laptop, because there is always someone who is not satisfied. Reason Studios (formerly Propellerhead Software) weren't, which is why they came into the game.

LittleBoy

29 Dec 2022

MrFigg wrote:
18 Dec 2022
selig wrote:
18 Dec 2022

There’s that word again, “promised”. Can you remember where you read this promise, I honestly don’t remember what was promised or if anything was ever promised - or was the the road map you’re talking about?
Sigh!!! Ok. I wrote “promised”. Mistake. I KNOW they didn’t promise anything. I’ve read that same thing a million times here in RS. I’ve been awake for about a week trying to get my daughters blood sugar stabilized so I’m a bit fuzzy which is probably the reason I slipped up and wrote “promised”.
All I want them to do is fix the stuff they said they will and that’s all and that’s what they’re doing. I’m happy with the features in R12. I don’t want anything else than what we’re already getting. Give me VST3 and stop Reason crashing on me I’m happy. I’m not being negative about RS. Quite the opposite. I’m saying that they’re doing what they said they’d do and that’s good enough for me.
I really am sorry. I send you a lot of encouragement and good luck with that, which in the end is the only truly important thing in life.

bitley

29 Dec 2022

LittleBoy wrote:
29 Dec 2022
bitley wrote:
29 Dec 2022

And precisely for this reason 10,000 years ago we made music with sticks and stones, and now we do it with computers and we can emulate orchestras on any laptop, because there is always someone who is not satisfied. Reason Studios (formerly Propellerhead Software) weren't, which is why they came into the game.
I got to know them in person and none of them had that mentality. All of them just was motivated to take on a new challenge after having done the Nord Lead 1.

selig
RE Developer

29 Dec 2022

LittleBoy wrote:
29 Dec 2022
bitley wrote:
29 Dec 2022

THIS! Developers/builders are typically just musicians who are not satisfied with the current tools or their past accomplishments. As soon as we finish one project, we always look for what’s next (well, many do - some do not). It’s what keeps humans going IMO, and I’m thankful it’s the case! This doesn’t mean all of the past ways of doing things are irrelevant - we still play flutes and bang on things, we just record them now (my last project was focused on drums and flutes coincidentally). ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

LittleBoy

29 Dec 2022

All of them just was motivated to take on a new challenge
You know this is just another way of saying you're not "satisfied" with what's out there, right? That's why you try to do something new and take things further because you believe that something can be done better or in a way that has never been done. The challenge is precisely to look for that improvement or that new way of doing something.

If the human being did not have that impulse, we would continue living in caves, painting the walls and making music with rudimentary flutes and hitting sticks and bones.

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2022

Marc64 wrote:
29 Dec 2022
While true, what good is a Lamborghini if it doesn't have an extra large coffee cup holder, eh?

Loque

29 Dec 2022

avasopht wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Marc64 wrote:
29 Dec 2022
While true, what good is a Lamborghini if it doesn't have an extra large coffee cup holder, eh?
Large-12290-AclearbudvasedisplaysasinglewhitedaisyinTheNewBeetle.jpg
Large-12290-AclearbudvasedisplaysasinglewhitedaisyinTheNewBeetle.jpg (342.41 KiB) Viewed 31315 times
Reason12, Win10

Marc64

30 Dec 2022

avasopht wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Marc64 wrote:
29 Dec 2022
:lol: :thumbup:

jjpscott01

28 Feb 2023

Reason 12 at this point is optimized for me on Windows 10 22H2 very very well. As a matter of fact, I went back to my old production machine ( i7-4790, 16 GB ram) and opened a project I made with Reason 10. I installed the lastest version of 12 on it and compared CPU usage on both. I am getting much better performance opening the same project in Reason 12. It does seem like they have been putting the work into "under the hood" performance which is very important to me. Just wanted to share this since so RS knows some of us are noticing the hard work.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Creativemind

02 Apr 2023

LittleBoy wrote:
29 Dec 2022
bitley wrote:
29 Dec 2022

Funny cause I have Reaper and am totally satisfied.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Heater

03 Apr 2023

April and still no native M1/M2 support. It's so disappointing.

kurtg

03 Apr 2023

Heater wrote:
03 Apr 2023
+1, I hope on a roadmap update to know what the status is.

joeyluck

03 Apr 2023

kurtg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Heater wrote:
03 Apr 2023
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7531260

Join the beta! :)

kurtg

03 Apr 2023

joeyluck wrote:
03 Apr 2023
kurtg wrote:
03 Apr 2023

woohoo :thumbup:

Pralijah

03 Apr 2023

LittleBoy wrote:
29 Dec 2022
All of them just was motivated to take on a new challenge
You know this is just another way of saying you're not "satisfied" with what's out there, right? That's why you try to do something new and take things further because you believe that something can be done better or in a way that has never been done. The challenge is precisely to look for that improvement or that new way of doing something.

If the human being did not have that impulse, we would continue living in caves, painting the walls and making music with rudimentary flutes and hitting sticks and bones.
Now we sampling caves and sticks and stones and sit with headphones. We came long way but also we are still cave men in many aspects, however we try to mask it with modern technology.

Digital has become a way to slice up the world and put it in little boxes. But we are very interesting creatures.
Make music shake again!

Heater

03 Apr 2023

joeyluck wrote:
03 Apr 2023
kurtg wrote:
03 Apr 2023

Amazing. What a day to ask.

WaxTrax

05 Jun 2023

I'm still waiting for Reason to support the SPARC architecture! I can't believe it is taking so long!! /s

jam-s

05 Jun 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
05 Jun 2023
I'm still waiting for Reason to support the SPARC architecture! I can't believe it is taking so long!! /s
I bet proper linux support would come first. ;)

ltbrunt00

23 Oct 2023

I get the feeling that Reason Studios is cooking up something big. I consistently use different DAW software with Reason being my main music writing tool. They have been doing consistent updates through the year but I get the feeling that they have something special coming in 2024. There are many little things they can fix, small features to add but I feel like we haven't gotten the big update. The last major feature was VST support. For me that changed everything, I always use the current version of the software and looking at the DAW landscape like other industries it seems like either there will have to be consolidation in the DAW market, Companies going out of business or Innovating to have features no one else has. I get the feeling based off of nothing that Reason will be getting a huge update. I can't wait to see how the Props integrate A.i related tools to the DAW. I know many corporations are doing R&D on how they will implement A.i and I don't suspect to see features with A.i in the DAW market until 2025. When A.i does come to the DAW market it will hit pretty hard and those not able to keep up will go out of business.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

jaeproduced

23 Oct 2023

ltbrunt00 wrote:
23 Oct 2023
I get the feeling that Reason Studios is cooking up something big. I consistently use different DAW software with Reason being my main music writing tool. They have been doing consistent updates through the year but I get the feeling that they have something special coming in 2024. There are many little things they can fix, small features to add but I feel like we haven't gotten the big update. The last major feature was VST support. For me that changed everything, I always use the current version of the software and looking at the DAW landscape like other industries it seems like either there will have to be consolidation in the DAW market, Companies going out of business or Innovating to have features no one else has. I get the feeling based off of nothing that Reason will be getting a huge update. I can't wait to see how the Props integrate A.i related tools to the DAW. I know many corporations are doing R&D on how they will implement A.i and I don't suspect to see features with A.i in the DAW market until 2025. When A.i does come to the DAW market it will hit pretty hard and those not able to keep up will go out of business.
Izotope is already integrated A.I with Ozone Mastering Suite where it basically give you a starter mix to just build off. In fact most of their products have some type of A.I driven components to take away alot of the steps it use to take to create a mix...I can't imagine A.I writing music for you seeing that it's really about a feeling, emotions and experiences you've gone through in life that comes out in the music...But you never know

EnochLight

24 Oct 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
23 Oct 2023
..I can't imagine A.I writing music for you seeing that it's really about a feeling, emotions and experiences you've gone through in life that comes out in the music...But you never know
You don't have to imagine it, because it has been a thing for some time now. In fact, there's huge implications for how A.I. will work in the creative space in the near future, and it will be industry-changing. Human culture-moving, in fact. If you've got time, watch this as it really explains things well (Cleo Abram is a well respected science-based video journalist):

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jaeproduced

24 Oct 2023

EnochLight wrote:
24 Oct 2023
jaeproduced wrote:
23 Oct 2023
..I can't imagine A.I writing music for you seeing that it's really about a feeling, emotions and experiences you've gone through in life that comes out in the music...But you never know
You don't have to imagine it, because it has been a thing for some time now. In fact, there's huge implications for how A.I. will work in the creative space in the near future, and it will be industry-changing. Human culture-moving, in fact. If you've got time, watch this as it really explains things well (Cleo Abram is a well respected science-based video journalist):

Yeah we are F*cked it's hard now getting paid as a artist/producer so imagine once everything is A.I generated we will be living in a total artificial world...The Matrix

EnochLight

24 Oct 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
24 Oct 2023
Yeah we are F*cked it's hard now getting paid as a artist/producer so imagine once everything is A.I generated we will be living in a total artificial world...The Matrix
Well, not necessarily. Like sampling did for the music industry, all A.I. needs is the correct laws, agreements, and moderation - and it can be used as a tool by artists to create amazing things. I suppose the question is: will those laws, agreements, and moderation happen? Because without them, well...

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kilsane

25 Oct 2023

We need to create an international label “Music created by a human”
More seriously, the fact that we can make music with an AI doesn't bother me that much, after all, making music is above all a personal approach.

• Information