New Roadmap (December 2022)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RobBarnett

09 Nov 2023

From the recent Music Tech interview with the RS CEO;

"We’ve changed our approach lately. We used to be a very secretive company, keeping our plans close to our chest,” Niklas explains. “However, as part of our effort to be more open, we now publish our plans on our blog."

Niklas says "Reason Studios is an office focussed entirely listening to Reason users to make their products better"

Anyone got an idea of what RS are currently working on or planning?

Bes
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2023

maybe they are working on a roadmap
- Certified Reason expert

_andreypetr_

09 Nov 2023

New Roadmap (December 2022)
No Roadmaps (December 2023)

helmutson

10 Nov 2023

I was a Reason user since V 1.0. I used and loved Reason alot over 20 years. It was always so well produced/written
software. Alone these fantastic Refills over the years were made with so much love for every detail, anybody who own
one of the boxed versions will know what I mean. Unfortunately these days are over, something has changed in the RS headquarter since Propellerheads are no longer PH and became Reasonstudios. Yes, they had a few really cool
new RE's over the last years (I guess because of 1-2 programmer guys from the old days) , but alone the R12 desaster
was a real "gamechanger" and for me the point were I left that Reason era behind me. Sad but true.
From time to time I do listen my old material in Reason, but that's it. It's kinda nostalgia - like an old hardwaresynth or so.
Do you hope for a brand new DAW or other fundamental changes ?
Be prepared to disappointed. I say this without frustration or anger, but it's over when it's over ... :puf_smile:

Bes
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2023

i think the roadmap should be a pub crawl
- Certified Reason expert

sehov

10 Nov 2023

Workflow and sequencer improvements please....

Kilsane

10 Nov 2023

I would like Reason Studios to come out of its current silence and tell us what we can expect in the coming months or what they are thinking about at the moment. It's up to us, Reason users, not to forget that a roadmap is not a promise.

jaeproduced

10 Nov 2023

The roadmap was apparently abandon in 2023 it seems how about that for "Part of our effort to be more open, we now publish our plans on our blog." I guess it's back to "Being a very secretive company, keeping our plans close to our chest". LOL

jaeproduced

10 Nov 2023

From the Roadmap December 2022;

So what happens after Reason runs natively on Apple silicon and Reason+ has offline support? Well, lots. During 2023 we’ll keep adding features to Reason 12 to continue making it the best version of Reason ever.  Well 2023 was a BUST if you go by this statement of adding new features in Reason 12 because it Never Happened...smh

jam-s

10 Nov 2023

Well, 2023 still has 1.5 months left, so some new feature might still arrive as a little Xmas gift.

jaeproduced

11 Nov 2023

jam-s wrote:
10 Nov 2023
Well, 2023 still has 1.5 months left, so some new feature might still arrive as a little Xmas gift.
Historically that has Never Happened in the history of Propellerheads/Reason that new features/updates comes out this late in the year I wouldn't hold my breath on it.... :?

antic604

12 Nov 2023

jam-s wrote:
10 Nov 2023
Naaah. We'll probably get a sound pack or "Christmasy" sounds.

Having said that, RS has been suspiciously quiet recently, which makes me hopeful we'll see v13 announced early next year. This, or they're going bankrupt ;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jaeproduced

13 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
12 Nov 2023
jam-s wrote:
10 Nov 2023
Naaah. We'll probably get a sound pack or "Christmasy" sounds.

Having said that, RS has been suspiciously quiet recently, which makes me hopeful we'll see v13 announced early next year. This, or they're going bankrupt ;)
If there is a Reason 13 probably want happen til April/May or Sept/Oct if not then they are about to be sold again to the highest bidder...

beer20574

16 Nov 2023

Personally i am more interested in VST3 and offline authorization. Hopefully they get the beta licenses managed well - i am so f***ing anyoed by the permanent license updates.

EnochLight

16 Nov 2023

beer20574 wrote:
16 Nov 2023
Personally i am more interested in VST3 and offline authorization.
Both of those features have been added (VST3 some time ago, and offline auth more recently). So what are you looking forward to next?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fceramic

29 Nov 2023

Propellerhead could have been the Elektron of DAWs, but everything went to hell after the new CEO took over. Now it's just a sad relic of the past.

joeyluck

29 Nov 2023

fceramic wrote:
29 Nov 2023
Propellerhead could have been the Elektron of DAWs, but everything went to hell after the new CEO took over. Now it's just a sad relic of the past.
Not sure what you mean. Why Elektron? Do you mean that you wish they would've remained more niche and self-contained? Are you somebody who was against audio recording, VST support, RRP, etc.?

Loque

30 Nov 2023

fceramic wrote:
29 Nov 2023
What is Elektron? Never heard.

It is obviously that Cubase is THE relic of the past 😀👍

And welcome back to Reason. I thought you switched to Bigwig.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

30 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
29 Nov 2023
fceramic wrote:
29 Nov 2023
Not sure what you mean. Why Elektron? Do you mean that you wish they would've remained more niche and self-contained? Are you somebody who was against audio recording, VST support, RRP, etc.?
Elektron are Swedish, too.
Elektron stuff is simple on the surface, but deep if you want.
Elektron makes super high quality, robust hardware that's forever updated and expanded.
Elektro is sort of niche (unlike say Korg, Roland, etc.), but also very popular and appreciated in that niche.

Oh, and they also move at a glacial pace ;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

joeyluck

30 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
30 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
29 Nov 2023

Elektron are Swedish, too.
Elektron stuff is simple on the surface, but deep if you want.
Elektron makes super high quality, robust hardware that's forever updated and expanded.
Elektro is sort of niche (unlike say Korg, Roland, etc.), but also very popular and appreciated in that niche.

Oh, and they also move at a glacial pace ;)
Yeah that's what I understand. So not sure what is meant by that statement.

parma

08 Dec 2023

It's been a minute since we've heard anything. It would be nice to hear *something* even if it's just "still plugging away on the next version of Reason, nothing to report."

Spasy

09 Dec 2023

parma wrote:
08 Dec 2023
It's been a minute since we've heard anything. It would be nice to hear *something* even if it's just "still plugging away on the next version of Reason, nothing to report."
Agree! It´s time.. :clap: :oops:

avasopht
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2023

parma wrote:
08 Dec 2023
It's a pointless thing to ask because that is almost always true. And if they did it, the same people would demand more proof that they're really working on the next version and not just saying it.

parma

09 Dec 2023

avasopht wrote:
09 Dec 2023
parma wrote:
08 Dec 2023
It's a pointless thing to ask because that is almost always true. And if they did it, the same people would demand more proof that they're really working on the next version and not just saying it.
If somebody told me they're working on something I would tend to believe them. Yes, obviously they're working on the next version but I don't see what harm a little update would do.

parma

09 Dec 2023

I mean, the CEO himself said they've been secretive in the past and are looking to open up. Well, then, let's have it.

• Information