Vocalign on Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
npinero1

15 Dec 2022

Does any use Vocalign to tighten up vocals, including background vocals? I need to learn how to make that happen. Thanks
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

RobC

15 Dec 2022

Sounds interesting!

I'm kind of looking for a tool like that, but rather for scattering timing a bit, whenever there's some other transient in the mix, that would crash with a transient of the vocal.

marcuswitt

16 Dec 2022

npinero1 wrote:
15 Dec 2022
Does any use Vocalign to tighten up vocals, including background vocals? I need to learn how to make that happen. Thanks
npinero1 wrote:
15 Dec 2022
Yes, I do. But I’ve not managed to get Vocalign running in Reason. For such tasks, like correcting the timing of multiple tracks in one go, I use another DAW, MOTU Digital Performer. That one provides two integrated software interfaces to Vocalign, one of which being ARA 2.

I think that Reason has the basic technology ‘under the hood’ that it needs to achieve the same things you can do by utilizing Vocalign. The main difference is that Vocalign does the timing alignment automatically, while in Reason we currently have to do it manually. But maybe we’ll see such an automatism in a future version of Reason… who knows?

DaveyG

16 Dec 2022

I use VocAlign for both harmony and backing vocals. If you do much vocal stuff and if your vocalist is anything less than perfect in the timing department VocAlign is a real timesaver. I don't use it in Reason though. I use it in Studio One as ARA 2. Once you've used Melodyne and VocAlign as ARA 2 there ain't no going back to VST for that stuff. Astonishing technology.

I also use VocAlign for lead vocals but less often. It's a great way to line up multiple vocal takes before doing any comping (but bounce each track to audio after the VocAlign stage).

• Information