The Entire History of Reason Studios (video)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Neo

13 Dec 2022

No mention of Peter Jubel.

"What the Nord Lead did was bring back real time control to the user and in doing so made it an instant hit for live performers. The Swedish manufacturers brought a little Nordic charm to this keyboard with a wooden pitch bend toggle and a slim modulation wheel that broke from the traditional designs of just about any other synthesizer going around. Being designed in part by Peter Jubel, who went on to be a co-founder in Propellerhead software, you can see how the demand for real time control was enforced. It actually bears some resemblance to the layout and design of certain synthesizers found within the original Reason software a number of years later."

https://mixdownmag.com.au/features/colu ... nord-lead/
viewtopic.php?t=7503308
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Yonatan

13 Dec 2022

Video was a bit haste as it went on. But it reminds what one loves about Reason, the character and personality that each device has, many of them are really well put together and has its creative place as classics that lives on and on and on.
Reason is such a lovely creative toolbox that keeps surprises me about its many ways to work and connect things.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2022

This is on a new level of fanboy... :)

joeyluck

13 Dec 2022

Right off the bat they mention ReCycle as being a "very simple sample loop editor". Maybe the concept is simple today being so common, but it revolutionized loop editing with its approach using slices, allowing the ability to change tempo without changing pitch and triggering slices independently, etc.

jlgrimes

14 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
13 Dec 2022
Right off the bat they mention ReCycle as being a "very simple sample loop editor". Maybe the concept is simple today being so common, but it revolutionized loop editing with its approach using slices, allowing the ability to change tempo without changing pitch and triggering slices independently, etc.
It was very innovative at its time. Still has one of the best GUIs for quickly chopping loops by transients and quickly looping samples.

Reason+Recycle was a powerful combination compared to working with hardware samplers in the early 2000s.

Also the "stretch" artifacts it would add to the sound (which could be tweaked), sounded dope in the right context and is missing in more modern chopping tools. I often simulate by adding echo to my chops but not quite the same as Recycle.

EnochLight

15 Dec 2022

I enjoyed the video, but the kid (yeah, he's a kid compared to me :lol: ) had quite a few mistakes as well as a metric ton of omissions in that "entire" history. The PUF shutdown, Discover/Allihoopa/RE store development/the corporate takeover - absolute key events in the company history. And as a fellow American - for the love of all that is holy - learn how to pronounce names. A cursory Google search could have taught him how to pronounce the founder's names.
Billy+ wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2022
It's disgraceful that 20 plus years of loyalty has been replaced with an Apple mentality that buying into Reason is something that requires continuous investment (subscription) or complete loss of a product.

* sigh *

Disingenuous much?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

16 Dec 2022

I've been well known for many years using my favourite saying when people are unhappy with the misinterpretation of something that I've said so for the one and only time I shall share it with those whom wish to put words in my mouth.
Dry your eyes and grow up

• Information