I own two copies of Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bliss000

Post 21 Nov 2022

Just starting to get back into making music after a 10 year hiatus and I noticed I have two copies of Reason registered to my account (Version 3 and Version 7). I think I got an extra copy for making a few of the factory sounds when Malstrom was introduced. (Still my fav softsynth!)
I don't need two copies. Is it okay to sell the licence? Any idea how much it is worth?

Thanks for any help.

EnochLight

Post 21 Nov 2022

bliss000 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Just starting to get back into making music after a 10 year hiatus and I noticed I have two copies of Reason registered to my account (Version 3 and Version 7). I think I got an extra copy for making a few of the factory sounds when Malstrom was introduced. (Still my fav softsynth!)
I don't need two copies. Is it okay to sell the license? Any idea how much it is worth?

Thanks for any help.
You should probably reach out to Reason Studios and confirm that it's not an NFR license before trying to sell it. Usually "gifted" licenses are NFR, even if it's not obviously stated in your account.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

huggermugger

Post 22 Nov 2022

I do too. Never thought much of it because the R12 license includes all the back-licenses right back to R1. Apparently I can transfer the separate R3 license (which isn't an NFR). Doesn't make sense though - the license numbers in the R3 stream match those in the R12 stream.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Information