Reason 12 with VST3 Beta has arrived

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

21 Nov 2022

Just got an email, that Reason 12 with VST3 support beta testing has begun! :o

Beta signup: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Last edited by Heigen5 on 21 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Heigen5

21 Nov 2022

I have no VST3s I own, but might get some free ones for the testing purposes or trials/demos! Wohooo! :clap:

-008'

21 Nov 2022

man i hope they got some better testers, or more of them. The last couple versions have been pretty meh here.
I just had Reason completely vanish yesterday, by dropping a VST into a combinator.
whatever happened to all of that "sandbox" talk? :?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

joeyluck

21 Nov 2022

It's already available to those who previously joined and are a part of the beta program :thumbup:

And just a friendly mod reminder that specifics about the beta (features, performance, screenshots, etc.) should only be discussed in the beta forum on the Reason Studios site.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

21 Nov 2022

-008' wrote:
21 Nov 2022
man i hope they got some better testers, or more of them. The last couple versions have been pretty meh here.
I just had Reason completely vanish yesterday, by dropping a VST into a combinator.
Come and help us test! It really does help tons to get quality testing and reports.

Re: sandboxing, that's mostly around Rack Extensions. VSTs add more points of failure to Reason, it is what it is. Still, do report any issues because they might be something we could fix or at least try to avoid.

npinero1

21 Nov 2022

WOOHOO! I am signing up and I wanted to share!!!!

LOVE REASON!!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

-008'

21 Nov 2022

MattiasHG wrote:
21 Nov 2022
-008' wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Come and help us test! It really does help tons to get quality testing and reports.

Re: sandboxing, that's mostly around Rack Extensions. VSTs add more points of failure to Reason, it is what it is. Still, do report any issues because they might be something we could fix or at least try to avoid.
I tested for many many years. But when my schedule/household got wrecked in 2020/2021 (from policies, not sickness) they booted me for "inactivity". :thumbup:
these days i just cross my fingers and hope someone else finds whatever the issue is.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

DaveyG

21 Nov 2022

-008' wrote:
21 Nov 2022
MattiasHG wrote:
21 Nov 2022

I tested for many many years. But when my schedule/household got wrecked in 2020/2021 (from policies, not sickness) they booted me for "inactivity". :thumbup:
these days i just cross my fingers and hope someone else finds whatever the issue is.
I did loads of testing before 12 was released but then they changed the rules so that you need a licence for 12 to continue testing it. So I don't test anymore. <Shrug>

reusenoise

21 Nov 2022

And now let's start complain about no CLAP support :lol:

chimp_spanner

21 Nov 2022

reusenoise wrote:
21 Nov 2022
And now let's start complain about no CLAP support :lol:
Oh you know it's coming.

Heater

21 Nov 2022

-008' wrote:
21 Nov 2022
MattiasHG wrote:
21 Nov 2022

Mine lapsed as well. I just resigned today and got straight in.

dhruan

21 Nov 2022

Yaaaaay... ☺️
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

superpop

21 Nov 2022

Will there be ARA implementation?

PropitiousME

21 Nov 2022

superpop wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Will there be ARA implementation?
I wouldn't expect it since Reason already has a built-in editor, albeit, one that doesn't support polyphonic detection. Theoretically, that puts it low on the priority list. Perhaps with VST3 support it could find it's way into the mold in a distant future state if they wish to remain competitive on the DAW curve. More are adopting these days. Reaper is already on ARA2 and some others like Studio One and Cubase support ARA, etc.

You'd probably be best served under another environment if treating vocals and polyphonic pitch detection is a super heavy part of your "needs kit". Even more so if you've already invested in something like Melodyne ($499 for poly).

joeyluck

21 Nov 2022

Folks of course are free to ask questions and speculate here, but your best bet would be to join the beta, read the materials in the beta lounge, and ask your questions in the beta forum over on the Reason Studios website. Also, getting your hands on the beta might answer some of your questions :)

miyaru

21 Nov 2022

I signed up several times for the reason 12 beta, but nothing, I just have to wait says the website.........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

DaveyG

21 Nov 2022

Let's all savour these delicious moments that exist between the confirmation that we're getting what we want and the discovery that we're not.

Arrant
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2022
And just a friendly mod reminder that specifics about the beta (features, performance, screenshots, etc.) should only be discussed in the beta forum on the Reason Studios site.
I'd love to but that forum seems to be down for me, anyone else having problems with it?

DJMaytag

21 Nov 2022

Arrant wrote:
21 Nov 2022
joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2022
I'd love to but that forum seems to be down for me, anyone else having problems with it?
Working fine for me.

DJMaytag

21 Nov 2022

Also, my bad for dropping some info (or was it lack of info?). Either way, I thought the page I was looking at with some of the specifics was the same page that anyone who was about to join the VST3 beta was able to access.

PropitiousME

21 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Let's all savour these delicious moments that exist between the confirmation that we're getting what we want and the discovery that we're not.
:clap: :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Hahaha. Magic.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

21 Nov 2022

How long will this Beta last for roughly?

What I'm asking is, will it be tested and 12.5 be out before you break up for Christmas? I know it sounds like a tight squeeze and I'm guessing more like mid-late Jan but is 4 weeks do-able?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Grimlucky

21 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
21 Nov 2022
:D

• Information