Reason Studios Black Friday Week 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bigbadjon303

21 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
21 Nov 2022
bigbadjon303 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Is anyone offering any deals of Reason 12+ Annual?

I know Anndertons were doing one for £89 a few weeks ago but I can't find anything close at the moment so I'm on the £19.99 a month until I spot a deal.

Cheers.
https://promo.reasonstudios.com/bfw2022-new

Or buy one of these products and get 6 months R+ for free:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 1663056018
Thanks - the Annual deal looks pretty good!! Think I'll be purchasing this towards the end of the week :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2022

2023?
Attachments
841584B8-CB42-4DD7-9A8F-2530DB16AB74.jpeg
841584B8-CB42-4DD7-9A8F-2530DB16AB74.jpeg (369.07 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ab459

21 Nov 2022

Hm strange Lectric Panda not at sale. Wanted grab Aggregate :(
Blamsoft too.

reusenoise

21 Nov 2022

ab459 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Blamsoft too.
I think Lectric Panda reduced prices on all rack extension once and forever so you don't need to stress on BF sales

ab459

21 Nov 2022

reusenoise wrote:
21 Nov 2022
ab459 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Blamsoft too.
I think Lectric Panda reduced prices on all rack extension once and forever so you don't need to stress on BF sales
Well, if that's the reason, then ok. I just don't want to see it twice as cheap after buying it for full lol.

In general, there are a lot of interesting discounts. So there is plenty to choose from.

Mich01

21 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Chris Griffin S73 not in the Sale so nothing for me this year.
It is on sale now, for €28,-

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2022

Mich01 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2022
I know. I posted in the S73 thread :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

21 Nov 2022

Mich01 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Badaboomtssssk.... come to daddy :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

PropitiousME

21 Nov 2022

avasopht wrote:
21 Nov 2022
PropitiousME wrote:
20 Nov 2022
I mean, you're certainly entitled to your preconceived notions of my or anyone else's knowledge on any topic in these forums. *Shrug* As a developer, you either use a dongle or you don't. Dongles work. If you choose not to, don't complain to me about piracy and turn your licensing vehicle into a revenue backed scheme that serves no purpose other than to make said license an inherent liability or an indefinite, monthly recurring cost.
Dongles are not a viable option for video games sold on DVDs and stuff. And when was anyone here "complaining to you about piracy?"

People don't all think the same as you do about anti-piracy measures. Some people will think that regular online authentication makes sense (for their own reasons).

And, iLok has online authentication, by the way. But dongles have been bypassed, so they don't "just work" as you claim.

Also, this isn't a debate. You are just categorically wrong that the only reason for regular authentication is to turn the licensing into a monthly recurring cost. You would first have to at the very least demonstrate how *I* could not think that regular authentication serves any useful anti-piracy purpose (and only serves the purpose of turning the licensing into a liability or an indefinite monthly recurring cost).

But you would also have to demonstrate that NO DECISIONS MAKERS WOULD EVER THINK OF IT AS USEFUL as well.
BOLD CAPS usage is really fitting for you Avasopht. Keeping with the status quo. :clap:

For the record, the keyword in my statement was or: "serves no purpose other than to make said license an inherent liability or an indefinite, monthly recurring cost." That means there was more then one point of context being inferred. Never mind we're on a DAW forum speaking to licensing standards specific to software(s) many of us own and you're over here crusading against piracy on a global stage as if the implied needs and liabilities associated with the different sectors are even the same. You want to enlighten the forum more on video games, DVD's, and "stuff"? I'm sure folks are dying to know what you think man. Absolutely ridiculous...

This forum would seriously benefit from a block feature. :idea:

ab459

21 Nov 2022

17 Frames Media not in sale too, really planned to grab them :puf_unhappy:
EDIT and Andrew Russell too

jam-s

21 Nov 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
21 Nov 2022
OT: There is one: Just click the user's handle and then "add foe".

michael.jaye

21 Nov 2022

Since when is Ivoks free? That's crazy.

PropitiousME

21 Nov 2022

jam-s wrote:
21 Nov 2022
PropitiousME wrote:
21 Nov 2022
OT: There is one: Just click the user's handle and then "add foe".
Well I'll be, there it is, just under the profile / bio detail. I checked once, but I glossed right over it at 4K. Thank you! :thumbs_up:

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
21 Nov 2022
... you're over here crusading against piracy on a global stage as if the implied needs and liabilities associated with the different sectors are even the same. You want to enlighten the forum more on video games, DVD's, and "stuff"? I'm sure folks are dying to know what you think man. Absolutely ridiculous...
Firstly I'm not crusading against piracy.

Maybe I worded it poorly.

Secondly, I said "video games on DVDs," not video games and (separately) DVDs.

Just for the record (unless typo).

Anyway ... no use bickering :thumbs_up:

dvdrtldg

21 Nov 2022

michael.jaye wrote:
21 Nov 2022
It's $19

gcat

22 Nov 2022

My Reason+ annual subscription ends in December.

Does anyone knows if I can purchase another annual license now and use it to renew the subscription in December?

On reasonstudios.com it says that the black friday discount is only for new subscriptions, but what if I purchase an annual license on another site, like thomann? Will I be able to use it in a few weeks to renew the subscription?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2022
michael.jaye wrote:
21 Nov 2022
It's $19
Probably says free because he’s already got it. Free upgrade.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2022

It's $19
Probably says free because he’s already got it. Free upgrade.
😂😂😂

jam-s

22 Nov 2022

gcat wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Does anyone knows if I can purchase another annual license now and use it to renew the subscription in December?

On reasonstudios.com it says that the black friday discount is only for new subscriptions, but what if I purchase an annual license on another site, like thomann? Will I be able to use it in a few weeks to renew the subscription?
As you'll most likely get some kind of code to redeem@RS from Thomann this could very well work.

challism

22 Nov 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
21 Nov 2022

But then the mods would be blocked from all the users who love them so much.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

22 Nov 2022

challism wrote:
22 Nov 2022
PropitiousME wrote:
21 Nov 2022

But then the mods would be blocked from all the users who love them so much.
Yeah, blocking mods doesn't work. I've tried... :twisted:

Back on topic, I'm amused at how many mailing lists I'm on that I have forgotten about. This is the time of year when companies I can't remember try to sell me a "bargain". I've unsubscribed from more than a few lists this week.

Arrant
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2022

60% off R+ is a pretty sweet deal. Even I would be tempted if I didn’t own R12 and most of the devices. And I’m an anti-sub kind of guy.

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2022

Arrant wrote:
22 Nov 2022
60% off R+ is a pretty sweet deal. Even I would be tempted if I didn’t own R12 and most of the devices. And I’m an anti-sub kind of guy.
Not when you are already a subscriber. This is all about new users. No benefits for existing users. If we could cancel and take advantage of the discount we could save a bit of cash, even if we still had some months left before current period expires!! I've set my subscription to not auto-renew on expiry. I'll go back to my previous version of Reason standalone and wait for the next sweet new R+ user deal :thumbup:

PropitiousME

23 Nov 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Arrant wrote:
22 Nov 2022
Not when you are already a subscriber. This is all about new users. No benefits for existing users. If we could cancel and take advantage of the discount we could save a bit of cash, even if we still had some months left before current period expires!! I've set my subscription to not auto-renew on expiry. I'll go back to my previous version of Reason standalone and wait for the next sweet new R+ user deal :thumbup:
What is your previous version? Pretty sure it would have to be 12 perpetual, right? Otherwise you can't open the project files. :idea:

Rompla

24 Nov 2022

gcat wrote:
22 Nov 2022

In exactly the same boat - existing users get penalised??
Thinking of setting up new reason account to take up offer - saving all my existing projects as self contained songs deleting R12+ and then reinstalling- would this work ?
I know it’s not really in the spirit of things but 50 % is a big deal in these hard times

• Information