Reason Studios Black Friday Week 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mataya
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 20 Nov 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/deals/

Feels like I'm one of the first here getting a glimpse.

Make sure to snatch SPEO's Strive filter and Tribute wavetable synth. 10bucks each maaaan.

M

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1844
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 20 Nov 2022

Can I have a go in your time machine?

Bes
Posts: 852
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 20 Nov 2022

that promo page animation is just awful. my eyes are hurting

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3997
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 20 Nov 2022

Oh so now posts are being removed - nice mods.

RS is offering 30% off products and that's well below the last sale.....

Support 3rd party developers and boycott RS products.

Is that better mods.
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
PropitiousME
Posts: 50
Joined: 01 Sep 2021

Post 20 Nov 2022

They need to update on VST3 this week along with a confirmed stance on offline authorization and where that stands in RS's future. It would be nice to see this prior to the sale ending. Otherwise, I wouldn't put it past RS to move goal posts after they get your money from the BF sales event. I would think most are seeking developers that respect their userbases' licensing and right of use whether they're online or not.

With that in mind, subs are clearly trending for major developers. Many of us are separating the proverbial "wheat from chaff" as we head into an uncertain future. Users are thinking long and hard about where future investments reside at a time when the DAW sector hasn't been more competitive and the battle for consumer revenue is getting increasingly difficult. This is something all developers moving to a fulltime online requirement, "online timebombs" in user licensing, or phased transitions to subscription models would be keen to respect. If you're development timeline is turtle and your pricing model for perpetual users blows you should be even more careful... especially when you've got a ~year under the belt with subs (RE: consistent revenue stream).

The more I see major products catering to anti-consumer models the more appealing FL and Reaper become. Ableton was sold last year due to poor dev cycles and greedy pricing. Cubase botched the dongle free transition. Presonus is walking a fine line with the sub-model / Fender purchase, and Bitwig just never took with me despite the bold and unique approach they've taken. The RRP remains unique and keeps Reason on the list (at this time), but won't remain without future proof offline auth. It was bad enough Reason+ robbed perpetual users of the best Reason has to offer in terms of ongoing updates (RE: it's players). Perpetuals were tossed a bone with Mimic and pretty much told to piss up a rope (between the pricing and value proposition).

I'm honestly hoping for the best, but not getting my hopes up with the track record here...
[AMD Ryzen 5 5600x (no OC) | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Bios: F61d) | Radeon RX 560 4GB | Presonus Studio68c & FaderPort V2 | Arturia KeyStep | Yamaha Montage 7]

User avatar
PropitiousME
Posts: 50
Joined: 01 Sep 2021

Post 20 Nov 2022

Billy+ wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Oh so now posts are being removed - nice mods.

RS is offering 30% off products and that's well below the last sale.....

Support 3rd party developers and boycott RS products.

Is that better mods.
I think the key takeaway is R+ subs get treated like actual users with 50% off both monthly and annual. Perpetuals, "here's 30% on our already bloated pricing model and stripped devices". If you're gonna insult us at least toss us a player? :lol:
[AMD Ryzen 5 5600x (no OC) | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Bios: F61d) | Radeon RX 560 4GB | Presonus Studio68c & FaderPort V2 | Arturia KeyStep | Yamaha Montage 7]

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 3451
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
20 Nov 2022
This is something all developers moving to a fulltime online requirement, "online timebombs" in user licensing ...
That's not what online requirements are for.

Basically ... until you start working for a company whose software is pirated heavily you'd have no idea how many active users don't have a valid license.

I've seen the figures, and those figures were only made possible by the user analytics they captured (they weren't even trying to measure rates of piracy).

The "online timebombs" you speak of are just measures to combat piracy (especially "casual piracy").

How it was explained to me was this: "your ardent pirate will learn how to code and predict stocks if it means they can use your software for free, ... what we want to combat are the casual pirates, the John's and Michael's that burn a copy of a game for their mates".

Casual pirates might even have purchased an older version, which is why it's so important to combat the behaviour of the casual pirate.

You also want to deter the rookie crackers.

It's way too easy to construct narratives of companies only doing this stuff for an ulterior motive, but you might not have any idea how rampant piracy is, or even what a hacker does to crack software.
---

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8426
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Nov 2022

Chris Griffin S73 not in the Sale so nothing for me this year.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
PropitiousME
Posts: 50
Joined: 01 Sep 2021

Post 20 Nov 2022

avasopht wrote:
20 Nov 2022
PropitiousME wrote:
20 Nov 2022
This is something all developers moving to a fulltime online requirement, "online timebombs" in user licensing ...
That's not what online requirements are for.

Basically ... until you start working for a company whose software is pirated heavily you'd have no idea how many active users don't have a valid license.

I've seen the figures, and those figures were only made possible by the user analytics they captured (they weren't even trying to measure rates of piracy).

The "online timebombs" you speak of are just measures to combat piracy (especially "casual piracy").

How it was explained to me was this: "your ardent pirate will learn how to code and predict stocks if it means they can use your software for free, ... what we want to combat are the casual pirates, the John's and Michael's that burn a copy of a game for their mates".

Casual pirates might even have purchased an older version, which is why it's so important to combat the behaviour of the casual pirate.

You also want to deter the rookie crackers.

It's way too easy to construct narratives of companies only doing this stuff for an ulterior motive, but you might not have any idea how rampant piracy is, or even what a hacker does to crack software.
I mean, you're certainly entitled to your preconceived notions of my or anyone else's knowledge on any topic in these forums. *Shrug* As a developer, you either use a dongle or you don't. Dongles work. If you choose not to, don't complain to me about piracy and turn your licensing vehicle into a revenue backed scheme that serves no purpose other than to make said license an inherent liability or an indefinite, monthly recurring cost.

I think most users are OK with a one time auth per machine when you first install (even myself because I'm meticulous with my dedicated machines). Thereafter, I shouldn't need to satisfy an auth server until I change OS or hardware. Forget the real-time requirement (RE: 100% online dependency). Not even gonna waste time going there. Arguments like that carry no weight in a world where Image-Line, Reaper and other thriving alternatives exist. IL still giving out FREE updates to this day and it's the most pirated DAW in existence... I find the whole "mah piracy" justification just intellectually dishonest. It's gas lighting the consumer market and people eat it up.
[AMD Ryzen 5 5600x (no OC) | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (Bios: F61d) | Radeon RX 560 4GB | Presonus Studio68c & FaderPort V2 | Arturia KeyStep | Yamaha Montage 7]

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 3451
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2022

PropitiousME wrote:
20 Nov 2022
I mean, you're certainly entitled to your preconceived notions of my or anyone else's knowledge on any topic in these forums. *Shrug* As a developer, you either use a dongle or you don't. Dongles work. If you choose not to, don't complain to me about piracy and turn your licensing vehicle into a revenue backed scheme that serves no purpose other than to make said license an inherent liability or an indefinite, monthly recurring cost.
Dongles are not a viable option for video games sold on DVDs and stuff. And when was anyone here "complaining to you about piracy?"

People don't all think the same as you do about anti-piracy measures. Some people will think that regular online authentication makes sense (for their own reasons).

And, iLok has online authentication, by the way. But dongles have been bypassed, so they don't "just work" as you claim.

Also, this isn't a debate. You are just categorically wrong that the only reason for regular authentication is to turn the licensing into a monthly recurring cost. You would first have to at the very least demonstrate how *I* could not think that regular authentication serves any useful anti-piracy purpose (and only serves the purpose of turning the licensing into a liability or an indefinite monthly recurring cost).

But you would also have to demonstrate that NO DECISIONS MAKERS WOULD EVER THINK OF IT AS USEFUL as well.
Last edited by avasopht on 21 Nov 2022, edited 5 times in total.
---

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2016
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2022

Mataya wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Tribute wavetable synth
Probably going to grab this. I've been trialling it and TBH it doesn't thrill me to bits as a regular synth-type synth, but routing external audio through those filters is way cool. And for ten bucks it seems like a no brainer

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 655
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2022

Red Rock Sound is getting My Love this Black Friday Week!
Huge savings and Superb RE's...
Thanks Pavel!

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1125
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 21 Nov 2022

I am looking for a leslie sim. Rotor is on offer but is there any other devices Re or VST I should be considering?

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 969
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 21 Nov 2022

Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Nov 2022
I am looking for a leslie sim. Rotor is on offer but is there any other devices Re or VST I should be considering?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... y-speaker/

I have Rotor, but at 10 euros I might pick this up myself.
----
The smart thing to do is using a DAW because of what the DAW does, not because of what the company behind the DAW does.

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1125
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 21 Nov 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Nov 2022
I am looking for a leslie sim. Rotor is on offer but is there any other devices Re or VST I should be considering?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... y-speaker/

I have Rotor, but at 10 euros I might pick this up myself.
Thanks! Can’t really go wrong at that price.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8426
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Nov 2022

Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Nov 2022
I am looking for a leslie sim. Rotor is on offer but is there any other devices Re or VST I should be considering?
I’ve got a lot of Leslie plugins. I’d say out of all of them the IKMultimedia one is the best followed closely by PSP Audio L’otary. I would NOT buy Rotor and for as much as I love JP’s stuff I’ve never liked Psyclone.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1125
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 21 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Jackjackdaw wrote:
21 Nov 2022
I am looking for a leslie sim. Rotor is on offer but is there any other devices Re or VST I should be considering?
I’ve got a lot of Leslie plugins. I’d say out of all of them the IKMultimedia one is the best followed closely by PSP Audio L’otary. I would NOT buy Rotor and for as much as I love JP’s stuff I’ve never liked Psyclone.
Thanks for that. I will keep my eye on the PSP one, I like their stuff. But really I just need a placeholder at the moment to test out an idea and £9 is ideal. If it works out I might be looking at the Strymon lex or similar pedal for my board.

sasasch
Posts: 28
Joined: 23 Oct 2017

Post 21 Nov 2022

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Chris Griffin S73 not in the Sale so nothing for me this year.
Oh no , why ?
I was waiting to get this on Sale :(

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8426
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Nov 2022

sasasch wrote:
21 Nov 2022
MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Chris Griffin S73 not in the Sale so nothing for me this year.
Oh no , why ?
I was waiting to get this on Sale :(
That’s probably the reason.
丰2ॐ

Yonatan
Posts: 1529
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2022

Bit underwhelmed. Was looking to buy some RS stuff but nah, it just sits at regular prices after the 30% off, as they overpriced their REs. Would be cheaper getting a R+ sub at this point, but as I already on perpetual R12, it just feels not optimal deal. Their loss. Wake me up at May madness.

Overall it seem to be a very lackluster BLF week. Native Instruments have no Komplete deals. Was hoping. Their loss. And so on.

Synthopathe
Posts: 101
Joined: 17 Feb 2020

Post 21 Nov 2022

I was hoping Noise Engineering's Bundle 1 would be on sale but I'm seeing it at full price even though I did see that Basimilus was reduced individually...

Synthopathe
Posts: 101
Joined: 17 Feb 2020

Post 21 Nov 2022

Double post.

bigbadjon303
Posts: 23
Joined: 09 Jun 2016

Post 21 Nov 2022

Is anyone offering any deals of Reason 12+ Annual?

I know Anndertons were doing one for £89 a few weeks ago but I can't find anything close at the moment so I'm on the £19.99 a month until I spot a deal.

Cheers.

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 655
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2022

bigbadjon303 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Is anyone offering any deals of Reason 12+ Annual?

I know Anndertons were doing one for £89 a few weeks ago but I can't find anything close at the moment so I'm on the £19.99 a month until I spot a deal.

Cheers.
Uhh, Yeah, Reasonstudios is

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1844
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 21 Nov 2022

bigbadjon303 wrote:
21 Nov 2022
Is anyone offering any deals of Reason 12+ Annual?

I know Anndertons were doing one for £89 a few weeks ago but I can't find anything close at the moment so I'm on the £19.99 a month until I spot a deal.

Cheers.
https://promo.reasonstudios.com/bfw2022-new

Or buy one of these products and get 6 months R+ for free:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 1663056018

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests