Reason 12.2.9 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2022

Source: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes / https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-

Rewrite of how Reason handles multicore audio
- Reason now adapts better to your document
- Reason now runs better on M1 under Rosetta, defaulting to high-performance cores
- New preference options for setting the max number of threads Reason’s allowed to use
View More Info about Max Audio Threading here: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 7406117266

Implemented Silent Login in Reason DAW so that when you choose to remember your credentials, Reason logs you in automatically
View more info about Silent Login here: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 7145799698

You can now remove your saved credentials in the Reason Preferences

Monotone has been updated and now supports sustain pedal

Bug fixes and improvements:
- New remote codec for AKAI mini mk3 that fixes some issues
- Fixed a bug that made a line appear on Malström knobs set to max
- Fixed a waveform glitch that could appear in audio clips when zoomed in
- Fixed a bug that made lines appear around buttons on the transport bar
- Fixed a bug that could cause lines of the same color as the track color to appear on the back of Mix and Audio channels
- Fixed an issue where the Edit Mode button in Sequencer jumped around slightly when clicked
- Dr OctoRex has learned to count (pretty late in life for a Doctor) and the outputs are now named 1-2-3-4 instead of 1-3-3-4
- Fixed a bug that caused Reason to not start when several audio drivers failed consecutively
- Fixed a bug with crackling audio on Mac when opening a second document while playing
Last edited by deeplink on 11 Oct 2022, edited 2 times in total.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Biolumin3sc3nt

11 Oct 2022

Wow, I guess there was a "Reason" for Me to wake up so damn early today : ) Finally 12.9 shows itself – from the beta

We all know what's still waiting tho...

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

"- Fixed a bug that made lines appear around buttons on the transport bar"

Yay, thanking you! :clap:

Biolumin3sc3nt

11 Oct 2022

Duuuuuuude... this update is amazing on performance, for both My Mac and PC!

Hands down one of the best updates in a long time!

Well done Guys/Gals!

MuttReason

11 Oct 2022

Transport bar graphic glitches gone... it was a small thing but weirdly annoying. Good stuff. Silent login good too. All other changes pretty solid - nice one RS.

guitfnky

11 Oct 2022

well that’s some good news…finally might be time to open Reason again. really hope the performance improvements put it back on solid ground.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

11 Oct 2022

Nice!

deigm

11 Oct 2022

Silent login... Yes!!

helmutson

11 Oct 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
11 Oct 2022
"- Fixed a bug that made lines appear around buttons on the transport bar"

Yay, thanking you! :clap:
Not for me, there are still lines, appearing after "pushing" a transport button.
It's like a double line between the real ones ...
These ghost frames on the buttons are gone, wich is great.
Performance is super fantastic and thats veeery great too.

chimp_spanner

11 Oct 2022

Downloading! Hoping the sort devices function is back now...but very much looking forward to the performance boosts.

chimp_spanner

11 Oct 2022

Okay just tried it, looks like the feature is reinstated. WEEEEE!!!!

dan_g

11 Oct 2022

great stuff. when working on dr. octorex they could have tried to fix the bug that lets a rex loop start on the second slice instead of the first though.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Heater

11 Oct 2022

A good update

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2022

Fixed a bug which doesn’t allow the use of VST3s.
Next update maybe
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reasonwhy

11 Oct 2022

New bug in the transport bar (look closely)?
R12.png
R12.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 11784 times

crimsonwarlock

11 Oct 2022

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2022
Next update maybe
If all VST3 threads were merged, this forum would lose half of all it topics :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

mimidancer

11 Oct 2022

VST3 ever coming?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Oct 2022
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2022
Next update maybe
If all VST3 threads were merged, this forum would lose half of all it topics :lol:
Do it!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rgdaniel

11 Oct 2022

The last update 12.2.8 REMOVED the "Sort Selected Devices" feature (which I find indispensable for keeping projects organized) because it could corrupt reason files in some cases. Their exact word in the release notes was "yikes". They said they were working to get it back real soon. I will not be happy if I have to PAY to get it back in R13.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

reasonwhy wrote:
11 Oct 2022

R12.png
Ah nuts! Oh well. Clearly some work to do still. I figured it was about time I offered some light praise for a change and turns out I'm still wrong :lol:

But FWIW, it does look fine here, at all zoom scales. I checked in Default [light] skin and that's ok too. So something was fixed at least that applied to whatever the intricacies of my particular setup are, but that's a pain if that breaks stuff for others of course.
no_lines.png
no_lines.png (10.2 KiB) Viewed 11738 times
I mean, obviously there's still other UI glitches that aren't fixed here either like sequencer and other vector lines blinking in and out of existance.

I see some people above talking about great performance, but I'm sitting here scrolling the Mixer channels, and it's really sluggish. The scroll bar moves from one side to almost the other before the scrolling even starts and the FPS of the scroll is pretty low, it's very juddery (juddery-pokery?).
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 11 Oct 2022, edited 3 times in total.

deeplink
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
11 Oct 2022
The last update 12.2.8 REMOVED the "Sort Selected Devices" feature (which I find indispensable for keeping projects organized) because it could corrupt reason files in some cases. Their exact word in the release notes was "yikes". They said they were working to get it back real soon. I will not be happy if I have to PAY to get it back in R13.
Didn't chimpspanner confirm the feature is reinstated a few posts above this? Or are you referring to something else?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

reasonwhy

11 Oct 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
11 Oct 2022
reasonwhy wrote:
11 Oct 2022

R12.png
Ah nuts! Oh well. Clearly some work to do still. I figured it was about time I offered some light praise for a change and turns out I'm still wrong :lol:

But FWIW, it does look fine here, at all zoom scales. I checked in Default [light] skin and that's ok too. So something was fixed at least that applied to whatever the intricacies of my particular setup are, but that's a pain if that breaks stuff for others of course.

no_lines.png

I mean, obviously there's still other UI glitches that aren't fixed here either like sequencer and other vector lines blinking in and out of existance.

I see some people above talking about great performance, but I'm sitting here scrolling the Mixer channels, and it's really sluggish. The scroll bar moves from one side to almost the other before the scrolling even starts and the FPS of the scroll is pretty low, it's very juddery (juddery-pokery?).
The new UI glitches in the transport bar are not there all of the time, and also, they seem to change position and color in a very flickering manner. Odd.

chimp_spanner

11 Oct 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
11 Oct 2022
Seems to be working! I put in 3 devices in the rack, changed the order in the sequencer, selected and sorted and the rack mirrored the seq track order. So I guess it’s back?

rgdaniel

11 Oct 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 Oct 2022
rgdaniel wrote:
11 Oct 2022
Seems to be working! I put in 3 devices in the rack, changed the order in the sequencer, selected and sorted and the rack mirrored the seq track order. So I guess it’s back?
Damn, I should never post first thing in the morning... Thanks, guess I can go ahead and update! :puf_smile:

Loque

11 Oct 2022

Cool. Curious how the performance is.
... And silent login. Finally. Now I can get a beer and Reason is started when I came back... If there is no f***ing update license dialog waiting for me...
Reason12, Win10

• Information