When was the last time you used the supplied sounbanks?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aosta

10 Oct 2022

I was just playing around in Reason and doing my usual browsing through my left sidebar in the REs and refill/patch folders and realised I rarely go into places like Reason Sounds, Drum Supply, Loop Supply and I haven't been into the FSB for a long time and the Orkester Sounds in absolutely years!
Do others just tend to ignore these now seen as there is so much to explore or are they places you still go to regularly?

Q: If you could only take 5 patches from the FSB on a desert island with you what would they be? :think:
Tend the flame

DJMaytag

10 Oct 2022

Every single time I fire up Reason. I can’t remember the last time I used Orkester though. Probably years ago.

BRIGGS

11 Oct 2022

The factory content is my "go to".

Great stuff in there! :thumbup:
r11s

Jagwah

11 Oct 2022

Yes lots of good stuff in there I find I use the Europa patches more than anything else.

Chi-Individual

11 Oct 2022

Drum supply and percussion Rex loops are in almost every project. Orkester is rarely touched but the FSB is a regular starting point for me. Still love it.

tomusurp

11 Oct 2022

I like designing my own kicks and snares and drum supply has a lot of great one shot samples which I then modify to taste
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Termigator

11 Oct 2022

drum supply is unorganised wish it was into genres etc
and i do go into
the fsb , but i also have a bunch of refills that i use
have only one vst atm bbc orchestra discovery

Jackjackdaw

11 Oct 2022

I don’t use them. I tend to use Reason synths to sculpt from the ground up. But also there is no way to seperate the wheat from the chaff. In V Collection I can browse through all the presets and favourite the ones I like so I can then ignore all the ridiculous’Demo mode’ sounds. But in Reason they are all just lumped together, partying like it’s 1999.

MuttReason

11 Oct 2022

Use Drum Supply drum and percussion samples a lot... there are tons of options there, and means that when I create bespoke kits in Redrum there's no chance I'll get the 'missing samples' error box. Orkester is surprisingly good still, I turn to it for strings quite often.

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

I actually used the Disco ReDrum kit recently, also use the orchestral percussion quite a bit despite owning Kontakt, and even used the solo strings recently. I almost always dig through the Drum Supply and Loop Supply at least once per song.
Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

11 Oct 2022

Why would you not go into the supplied content? There's a boatload of stuff there.

Propellerhands

11 Oct 2022

Aosta wrote:
10 Oct 2022
I was just playing around in Reason and doing my usual browsing through my left sidebar in the REs and refill/patch folders and realised I rarely go into places like Reason Sounds, Drum Supply, Loop Supply and I haven't been into the FSB for a long time and the Orkester Sounds in absolutely years!
Do others just tend to ignore these now seen as there is so much to explore or are they places you still go to regularly?

Q: If you could only take 5 patches from the FSB on a desert island with you what would they be? :think:
It is weird that someone would ask such a question. I use it all the time, mostly drum supply and loop supply and occasionally FX preset from Factory Sounds. Very rarely ever use patches though. Sometimes I find a goodie there, but.. Only scratched a surface, about 15 percent of all the sounds, so not very interested in that.

And while I noticed some errors in certain Reason drum samples, like yesterday found one Snare sample (Sd_vth_xxxx) with a click at the end of it which shouldn't be there. It could be edited though with a Length parameter in Redrum of course but still. Nasty. Other than that, I think at least for beat making Reason has proper library. Majority of patches are not up to my taste though. But occasionally find a gem that is hard to resist.

P.S. I am more concerned about this stuff, high quality Redrum text vs low quality Radical Piano text. But this is another topic :mrgreen: apologies
Attachments
hmmm.jpg
hmmm.jpg (193.44 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

Pepin

11 Oct 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
11 Oct 2022
P.S. I am more concerned about this stuff, high quality Redrum text vs low quality Radical Piano text. But this is another topic :mrgreen: apologies
You should follow the instructions here
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-

Exowildebeest

11 Oct 2022

There's so many drum samples in the soundbanks that I would recommend anyone to check those out before buying more of them.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2022

I use its drum samples and rex loops all the time. Not so much the orkester sounds or synth patches.
The song I'm currently working on has what I call "the Reason vomit". It's in the NN-XT sound effects. :puf_smile:

Propellerhands

11 Oct 2022

Pepin wrote:
11 Oct 2022

You should follow the instructions here
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-
Whoa, thank you! Did not know that. :oops:
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

thedude

11 Oct 2022

Is the factory sound bank the same thing as "reason sounds" patch collection? I like how Reason Patch Collection is at least categorized by instrument type and easier to parse. Would be nice if we could further tag (like in Arturia's latest offerings)

huggermugger

11 Oct 2022

Last time I used a soundbank was in Reason 3, when I dipped into Refills from time to time. I've still got this massive collection from Zero G, and someday if I'm bored, I might revisit it. But I have no need for refills or sound banks, there's a ton of resources already in Reason, I create my own sounds and patterns as needed, and I mostly use VSTs anyways.
Attachments
zero_g_zero074_creative_essentials_reason_refill_1199242.jpg
zero_g_zero074_creative_essentials_reason_refill_1199242.jpg (45.61 KiB) Viewed 3718 times

plaamook

12 Oct 2022

I only use the sting harmonics and oboe samples from orkester and I don’t use them v often.
I make music out of found sounds. That my thing. 🤷‍♂️
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

challism

12 Oct 2022

plaamook wrote:
12 Oct 2022
You must love Grain and Mimic
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

plaamook

12 Oct 2022

challism wrote:
12 Oct 2022
plaamook wrote:
12 Oct 2022
You must love Grain and Mimic
They’re the only instruments I use. Yeah.
They’re fantastic.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

QVprod

12 Oct 2022

I'm biased since I made some of them... but there's quite a few good new sounds in the Reason 12 FSB. :puf_bigsmile:
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.24.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.24.30 AM.png (262.89 KiB) Viewed 3599 times

crimsonwarlock

12 Oct 2022

I used several FX samples in the track I'm currently working on :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

rsnsnds

12 Oct 2022

I just tried to use some Orkester sounds, but after hearing them, I changed my mind and instead used some synth sounds

crimsonwarlock

13 Oct 2022

On a sidenote, I scavenged my old Computer Music (the magazine) cover CDs, looking for some obscure samples, and found a small ReFill from Onyx with some very nice Malstrom patches :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information