Novation Launchkey49mk3 luacodec feature requests

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djsmex

11 Sep 2022

Hi,

I'm currently working on adding a speech web app for the launchkey mk3 to work with reason. A large part of this work is rewriting the luacodec and thought I'd ask for your feature requests.
So far I have come up with the following:
1. A separate ssl mixer luacodec that is locked to the ssl mixer and selectable directly from the launchkey.
2. A fine knob/fader control when holding shift to give a 14bit relative fine control.
3. A transport mode with song position and loop region markers.
4. Speak features to say specific values, like current song/loop positions, metre levels, tempo, current track, device and patch etc.
5. The web app to display current control mappings which updates as map groups are selected.
The launchkey will keep the same pickup control for knobs/faders and maintain the two row display as before but have a second optional midi out to link to the web app via virtual midi for speech output.

All feedback, ideas welcome and I appreciate the launchkeymk3 may not be your controller of choice but if you do use this keyboard with reason, have any ideas, please share them here.

• Information