What are your deepest dreams/visions about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
motuscott

30 Aug 2022

Radical Diddley Bow™
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Tweak

30 Aug 2022

• Non linear sequencing / midi clip launching
  • Capacity to load REX2 into Rack Extensions
  • Capacity to load MIDI clips into Rack Extensions
  • Facility to record and playback macros to more quickly build multi device setups
  • Listed undo history
  • Many additional sequencer tools for manipulating notes, chords and clips
  • Ability to overlay/edit two lanes at once (we have this for midi, but I want this for audio/audio and audio/midi too).
  • Ability to burn CV inputs to devices into sequencer automation
  • SDK Ability to cross compile any Rack Extension as a VST instrument, effect or MIDI Effect. Allowing developers to create Rack Extensions, but also sell VSTs with one code base.
  • SDK for new combinator controls and visualizations (X/Y, graphs, etc.) that users could buy to pimp up Combi2 front panels further.
  • Schematic view of devices and connections (simplified view of the back panel of Reason, showing the device connections more clearly)

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2022

Any cohesive vision will do.

Record and the move towards being a DAW was a good move, but there seemed to be a lack of vision.

REs showed some foresight, but I don't see vision.

I'm also seeing a lack of appropriate initiative. The market wants all in one solutions now where the premium bundle offers bread and butter sounds, effects for arranging, mixing and mastering, and cinema worthy orchestral, synthetic and coloured sound libraries.

Plus dedicated hardware allowing composition without looking at the PC screen that can also better support live usage.

Reason had the jump on this with Remote, Refills, Record, Allihoopa (for integrated sharing), the SSL, Kong, APE, etc.

But it felt like a bit of a half measure caused by a lack of vision, or their vision wavering.

With a commitment to a clear definite vision they'd have less need for feature suggestions.

pushedbutton

30 Aug 2022

I just want the game mechanics from SingStar to be integrated into a hybrid lyrics/note guide/autotuner.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2022

Zoom function that works properly :lol:

Shadoww

03 Sep 2022

ltbrunt00 wrote:
28 Aug 2022
The ability score music to video as a native function within the DAW. This would open up reason to a whole new area media production.

The ability to drag the midi data from the players directly into the sequencer.

The ability to set different tempos for individual tracks.
:thumbs_up: I think Reason could have a big future as a sound design playground with video support. Much in the same way as Cinema 4D gave up the battle with Maya and Studio Max to be the best 3D film animation software. C4D became bespoke by focusing on motion graphics instead of competing …and found its safe space (financially) in a crowded market. Reason has already started this process with the plug-in…so now it needs to sort out the core DAW and build more on the appeal it has as a place to create and experiment. With a focus on video support this could be an untapped new market.

djsmex

06 Sep 2022

For me it is improved accessibility, add top-menu rooting option, extend remote to cover everything from the browser, tool window, sequencer and sequencer toolbar, blocks etc.
If blocks were in the remote scope, you could switch blocks via a midi controller much like ableton session view and if pattern/note lanes were in remote scope, you could select patterns, lane mute/solo again all from your control surface. Select clips and process via toolwindow without a single mouse click etc.
Add sequencer folders for better organisation and an option for automatic remote only tracks for fast remote control of effects, utilities and players.
It is already possible to use the remote sdk with virtual midi cables and web tech to give speech feedback of all remote items and it is this that can make reason accessible to blind music makers.

• Information