End of summer sale 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

25 Aug 2022

Another SALE?! Nice :thumbup:
Last edited by Faastwalker on 25 Aug 2022, edited 3 times in total.

WOO

25 Aug 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
24 Aug 2022

Well, for nothing, and no time, you could have 70/90 points:
5 points initial Reward Signup
45 points 3 iOS app signups @ 15 each
20 points Reason purchase (well, not nothing, but you wouldn't be in the RS Rewards section if you didn't own the software! :) )
and then I think another 20 for a Reason Lite purchase (free or almost free)
To be completely cynical and if you’ve already done the above, you could open a new account, go through all the stages then use your points to buy refills in the rewards section which you can use in Reason without having to have your account authorize them. Usch.
How much would I have to spend to get 1 point. I have 24 rewards points left and would like to get the last reason player I don't have. I went thru my purchases and I have 11 that they never converted into rewards points. They range in price from 5-9 dollars each. Oh well I got friktion, algorithm, cs, and bassline generator for 2 dollars after rewards. Thanks Folks at Reason

boosto23

25 Aug 2022

stratatonic wrote:
24 Aug 2022
45 points 3 iOS app signups @ 15 each
I just got 45 extra points because of this post. Thanks!

miyaru

25 Aug 2022

I am on Reason 11 Suite right now, and for € 99,= I can upgrade to 12. My concern is: what do I gain? I have no Hi Res screen, just an old iiyama 26 inch screen, no fancy videocard too...... Yes I get some stuff and devices like Mimic ( I suppose?). I'm on Win 10 with an i7-7700 CPU and 16GB of Ram - is this enough for R12?

Is it worth the hassle, or do you guys scream "stay on R11 Suite!!!!".
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

miyaru

25 Aug 2022

Well I just checked in on Reason Studios, and the only thing gained for the 99 euro's is Mimic and Combinator 2 I guess...... Maybe not worth the money and the hassle or?
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

madmacman

25 Aug 2022

miyaru wrote:
25 Aug 2022
Well I just checked in on Reason Studios, and the only thing gained for the 99 euro's is Mimic and Combinator 2 I guess...... Maybe not worth the money and the hassle or?
It‘s probably more interesting for Mac users to keep on par with OS upgrades & compatibility. For Win users less so.

Ottostrom

25 Aug 2022

miyaru wrote:
25 Aug 2022
You also get the upgraded browser which actually works really well now and has helped me find suitable patches/samples with a quick search.
Even if you don't have a fancy monitor you can still use the high-res rack to keep it more zoomed in, which is pretty nice. I personally really like the combi 2 and Mimic but if those are not very tempting to you then maybe it's not worth it.

miyaru

25 Aug 2022

Both thanx for replying….. will think about it.
Greetings from Miyaru.

Arrant
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2022

So, I couldn't resist getting Obsession and now I have enough reward points for a voucher. If I activate this, can it now be used as a discount buying anything from the sale? It looks that way from the checkout page, but I know that the vouchers could only be used in the rewards store before. Has anyone tried this lately? Don't want to exchange my points for a voucher only to have it expire, as I have everything I want from the rewards store.

Billy+

27 Aug 2022

Arrant wrote:
27 Aug 2022
So, I couldn't resist getting Obsession and now I have enough reward points for a voucher. If I activate this, can it now be used as a discount buying anything from the sale? It looks that way from the checkout page, but I know that the vouchers could only be used in the rewards store before. Has anyone tried this lately? Don't want to exchange my points for a voucher only to have it expire, as I have everything I want from the rewards store.
Reward vouchers can only be used for products in the rewards section..

crimsonwarlock

27 Aug 2022

Yep, I just grabbed Obsession :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Arrant
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Aug 2022

Reward vouchers can only be used for products in the rewards section..
Thought so, thanks for confirming.

miyaru

28 Aug 2022

Yesterday evening I decided to purchase Reason 12 Full perpetual license. I could not write this earlier as I needed to download, install and play with 12!

Mimic is big fun, at first when it came out, I saw it as a sort of Ableton’s Simpler, but now I know it is a complete different beast, and the two accomplish each other.

Well I had a blast with it this morning, and loads of fun is coming my way. Am I the only one finding it highly inspiring to play with new toys? Guess not LOL. Have a nice sunday, and enjoy the summer!
Greetings from Miyaru.

Loque

28 Aug 2022

miyaru wrote:
28 Aug 2022
... Am I the only one finding it highly inspiring to play with new toys? Guess not LOL. Have a nice sunday, and enjoy the summer!
Yea, new stuff is always inspiring. But old stuff can be surprisingly good. Yesterday I made sounds with Subtractor, because it is one of the rare synths with exact oscillator sync and it generated really good and gritty sounds, which others cannot produce...
Reason12, Win10

miyaru

28 Aug 2022

Loque wrote:
28 Aug 2022
miyaru wrote:
28 Aug 2022
... Am I the only one finding it highly inspiring to play with new toys? Guess not LOL. Have a nice sunday, and enjoy the summer!
Yea, new stuff is always inspiring. But old stuff can be surprisingly good. Yesterday I made sounds with Subtractor, because it is one of the rare synths with exact oscillator sync and it generated really good and gritty sounds, which others cannot produce...
Completely true, reviving old gear is also good fun. I resurrected my old Yamaha RM1x a while ago and had a blast with it. Also using it as a drumsound source. Yes highly inspiring!!!! :clap:
Greetings from Miyaru.

Catblack

28 Aug 2022

So glad I let my rewards points sit for so long. I just got Polystep, Pattern Mutator and BV-X for $7!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

stratatonic

28 Aug 2022

buddard wrote:
24 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
24 Aug 2022

So, (to keep it simple), suppose 10 people bought your AMALGAM over the next few weeks - 5 were bought outright and 4 were covered fully with a voucher, and 1 was partially covered with a voucher.
How do you know how many AMALGAMs were sold in total, and how many were bought free/partially with vouchers? And (not suggesting that RS would say that 8 of 10 were fully/partially covered by vouchers) - but how do you devs know for certain what the sales #s are?
We receive pretty detailed sales statistics from Reason Studios. (But no customer information, of course)
I guess I was wondering how the statistics are generated. If you made physical copies of a product, you'd know how many were sold when the company selling them asked for another order. But if you send that company a digital product, how do you know the amount sold, and at what cost?

crimsonwarlock

28 Aug 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
27 Aug 2022
Yep, I just grabbed Obsession :puf_bigsmile:
... and BV-X just now, for 29 euros with my last voucher :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

buddard
RE Developer

28 Aug 2022

stratatonic wrote:
28 Aug 2022
buddard wrote:
24 Aug 2022

We receive pretty detailed sales statistics from Reason Studios. (But no customer information, of course)
I guess I was wondering how the statistics are generated. If you made physical copies of a product, you'd know how many were sold when the company selling them asked for another order. But if you send that company a digital product, how do you know the amount sold, and at what cost?
We just have to trust that they’re giving us correct statistics, I guess. :D

tomusurp

30 Aug 2022

Yes I just got Lab One Punisher Audio Mutator, Turn2on Drop N Lift, Turn2on Murder RhythmCutter, all the free Kilohearts stuff, and Expanse synthesizer (WOW at this one)
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

stratatonic

30 Aug 2022

buddard wrote:
28 Aug 2022
stratatonic wrote:
28 Aug 2022

We just have to trust that they’re giving us correct statistics, I guess. :D
Ok, thanks Niklas. :) I know the question was a bit off topic, but it just came about after Erik replied about a dev not getting anything if an RE was purchased for free with a Reward voucher. (Sounds like most were shocked at that info - and I can't help but think what Richard from Synapse will think when his RS monthly stats come out and he's been giving free VST Legend crossgrade licences to all those who got a free Legend RE :( )

stratatonic

30 Aug 2022

MrFigg wrote:
24 Aug 2022
This may violate some sort of rule though so I wouldn't advise it.
For shame, Disco Boy, for shame... :redface:

Anyways, I 'm still thinking that there will be some killer deals by year end so don't use up all your vouchers now. Oh wait! Looks like everyone has already! Oh well. :oops:

I'm expecting some great bundles later this year (an all Player bundle, an Instrument bundle, etc etc for a really nice price. Possibly a bundle with R12.

Exciting times! :puf_bigsmile:

Rallino

02 Sep 2022

First post here, and I`d like some advice. I used Reason back in the day , I believe it was Reason 1, and now I`m back in the DAW jungle and bought Logic a couple of months ago. I`m a musician, and drums are my main instrument, so I`m only making music for personal use and to revive my musical theory skills. Would you recommend buying Reason 12 or Reason+? Reason 12 got enough plugins for me, but I`m very interested in the new Chord Sequencer. What would you do as a rookie?

Billy+

02 Sep 2022

Rallino wrote:
02 Sep 2022
First post here, and I`d like some advice. I used Reason back in the day , I believe it was Reason 1, and now I`m back in the DAW jungle and bought Logic a couple of months ago. I`m a musician, and drums are my main instrument, so I`m only making music for personal use and to revive my musical theory skills. Would you recommend buying Reason 12 or Reason+? Reason 12 got enough plugins for me, but I`m very interested in the new Chord Sequencer. What would you do as a rookie?
Hi and welcome to RT.

If you're looking for everything then you might want to trial R12+ and then you will get access to CS along with the other tools and sound packs.

There's always going to be another sale if you don't want everything that will get you a cheaper license and CS might be included in the next sale.

Rallino

03 Sep 2022

Thank you for answering. As you say, there will always be another sale. I’ll take your advice and trial Reason first, and then hope that CS may be included in a Reason 12/13 bundle. Would you recommend the R+ deal for 99€ for a year? That’s a long “trial”, but won’t break the bank and gives me time to get familiar with all the possibilities with the rack, etc.

• Information