Lags with a MacBook Pro 14 and a Fireface 802

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
victorjaquier

16 Aug 2022

Hello everyone,

I had to switch my old macbook for a new one. I had a Macbook Pro 2015 with a M-Box 3 Mini.
I have now a Macbook Pro 2021, 14", Apple M1 Pro chip, Memory 16 Go. I am now using a Fireface 802 (connected with an old USB cable to an USB C adapter).

I have Reason 10. On my old MacBook Pro, there was lags sometimes, and I was hoping to get rid of it with a new M1 Macbook pro and the Fireface 802. But there are more lags than before when i play a project (a lot when I have a project using Kontakt and Spitfire products, or just some guitar tracks with Neural DSP plugins for example.)

My question is: could those lags due to the fireface 802 with the old USB cable? Because i would prefer to change my external sound card rather than my new computer!

Thanks in advence for inputs!

QVprod

17 Aug 2022

There’s multiple things it could be. Could be the usb cable. But also Reason 10 is unsupported on M1 computers.
Which is more probably the issue.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... h-23-2022-

Last Alternative

23 Aug 2022

Y’know for a company that uses Apple computers in all their vids it’s funny Reason has so many problems with it but honestly I even had problems with Reason on my PCs including a high tech build so I just about gave up on RS. Still hanging on a thread in hopes of an amazing update to cure the bs tho haha
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

eusti

23 Aug 2022

I have lags and stuff as well with my Macbook Pro 14". But I even have it with no additional audio cards... Or even watching youtube after a while...

D.

jonnyretina

23 Aug 2022

victorjaquier wrote:
16 Aug 2022
Hello everyone,

I had to switch my old macbook for a new one. I had a Macbook Pro 2015 with a M-Box 3 Mini.
I have now a Macbook Pro 2021, 14", Apple M1 Pro chip, Memory 16 Go. I am now using a Fireface 802 (connected with an old USB cable to an USB C adapter).

I have Reason 10. On my old MacBook Pro, there was lags sometimes, and I was hoping to get rid of it with a new M1 Macbook pro and the Fireface 802. But there are more lags than before when i play a project (a lot when I have a project using Kontakt and Spitfire products, or just some guitar tracks with Neural DSP plugins for example.)

My question is: could those lags due to the fireface 802 with the old USB cable? Because i would prefer to change my external sound card rather than my new computer!

Thanks in advence for inputs!
If you're running Big Sur, you might be able to fix the issue by going to the Reason.app's Get Info by pressing ⌘ + I once it's selected and then choose to run Reason in Low-Res mode. Apparently this option has been removed since Monterey so if you're on that version of macOS you probably need to upgrade to Reason 12 to get something that works without lag.

• Information