[solved] Reason 12 demo on mac mini sounds shallow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2139
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 04 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I'm feeling like this forums participants become very aggressive if someone expresses their opinion?
I think you just triggered quite a few troll detectors here by your very diplomatic tone.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 3295
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 04 Aug 2022

Aah ... right, that explains a lot.

It's very easy to get a mismatch between the audio interface's and Window's sample rate. When that happens Windows might perform the resampling (poorly).

ASIO4ALL can perform the resampling, but I've always found it hit and miss. It's best to just ensure they are the same.

What audio interface are you currently using?

On top of that, you will be subject to their WDM drivers, which just might not be that robust.
---

ReasonOCD
Banned user
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2022

Post 04 Aug 2022

avasopht wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Aah ... right, that explains a lot.

It's very easy to get a mismatch between the audio interface's and Window's sample rate. When that happens Windows might perform the resampling (poorly).

ASIO4ALL can perform the resampling, but I've always found it hit and miss. It's best to just ensure they are the same.

What audio interface are you currently using?

On top of that, you will be subject to their WDM drivers, which just might not be that robust.

I just use Reason, ASIO4ALL and my ATH M50x directly into a dell laptop 3.5mm jack

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 955
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 04 Aug 2022

Can you please elaborate on what makes you feel Reason is less modular?
Asking because the basic routing structure is still identical and there are many (also free) RackExtensions making it even more modular than it has ever been before. Also the addition of Players gave quite a modularity boost.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Also reason used to be modular [...]

[...]

ReasonOCD
Banned user
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2022

Post 04 Aug 2022

moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Can you please elaborate on what makes you feel Reason is less modular?
Asking because the basic routing structure is still identical and there are many (also free) RackExtensions making it even more modular than it has ever been before. Also the addition of Players gave quite a modularity boost.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Also reason used to be modular [...]

[...]
Personally i feel its the interface that seems cluttered, i liked the early versions of reason because of the simplicity both visual and none bloated presets with added verb etc

Also the way the new reason rack twitches slightly from side to side is laughable :lol:

but ultimately it's that intial sound, I used to use a m-audio pci soundcard that had what seemed a narrow dynamic range and db level you could just tell the difference from a standard motherboard audio card but this demo on mac mini is just like its got no depth at all

it could be the mac i've only just bought it in 2020 so its possible everyone is used to that sound

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3048
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 04 Aug 2022

still, none of anything you've said makes any sense at all to me 🤔

You sound like a troll.
The latest release:

User avatar
killhamster
Posts: 113
Joined: 02 Aug 2019
Location: Portland, OR

Post 04 Aug 2022

Is this just an elaborate "Reason sound" post?

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 955
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 04 Aug 2022

The actual interface has changed a bit in terms of seperating border width and the addition of the browers and well, for you, the SSL. Then if you minimize the SSL it´s not much of a difference though there is one. Actually the SSL declutters working with Reason because you now have the mixer you would have to implement several of in the rack otherwise, integrated, easy parallel mixchannels, audiobusses, grouped fadermovement, etc.
And regarding the version you might be coming from you potentially aren´t able to even have parallel rack lanes but one veeeeeery long one. Now talk about cluttered now :-)

Btw you can change the default rack to "empty" so there wouldn´t be any preset effects.

Then I wasn´t asking about any of that but the modularity. ;-)

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Can you please elaborate on what makes you feel Reason is less modular?
Asking because the basic routing structure is still identical and there are many (also free) RackExtensions making it even more modular than it has ever been before. Also the addition of Players gave quite a modularity boost.

Personally i feel its the interface that seems cluttered, i liked the early versions of reason because of the simplicity both visual and none bloated presets with added verb etc

Also the way the new reason rack twitches slightly from side to side is laughable :lol:

but ultimately it's that intial sound, I used to use a m-audio pci soundcard that had what seemed a narrow dynamic range and db level you could just tell the difference from a standard motherboard audio card but this demo on mac mini is just like its got no depth at all

it could be the mac i've only just bought it in 2020 so its possible everyone is used to that sound

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7823
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 04 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I already have in the music forum
Me too, though it's been a minute.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Also the way the new reason rack twitches slightly from side to side is laughable :lol:
No clue what you're talking about. Maybe post a GIF using LICEcap or something. No twitching here.
killhamster wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Is this just an elaborate "Reason sound" post?
OP seems to be all over the board, and just generally dissatisfied with Reason I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ReasonOCD
Banned user
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2022

Post 04 Aug 2022

EnochLight wrote:
04 Aug 2022
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I already have in the music forum
Me too, though it's been a minute.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Also the way the new reason rack twitches slightly from side to side is laughable :lol:
No clue what you're talking about. Maybe post a GIF using LICEcap or something. No twitching here.
killhamster wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Is this just an elaborate "Reason sound" post?
OP seems to be all over the board, and just generally dissatisfied with Reason I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is there anyway i can search your music?I don't want to discuss the sound issue if i believe you don't have the capacity to hear it

I don't have the reason 12 demo anymore to screen record on the mac

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7823
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 04 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Is there anyway i can search your music?
Do you have Apple Music or Spotify (or something similar)? I prefer to be paid for my streams.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I don't want to discuss the sound issue if i believe you don't have the capacity to hear it
Lol.. k.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ReasonOCD
Banned user
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2022

Post 04 Aug 2022

EnochLight wrote:
04 Aug 2022
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Is there anyway i can search your music?
Do you have Apple Music or Spotify (or something similar)? I prefer to be paid for my streams.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I don't want to discuss the sound issue if i believe you don't have the capacity to hear it
Lol.. k.
yes i do? why wouldn't you be promoting your music?

I'm sorry i can't take someone serious if they can't prove they are competent in the question at hand

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7823
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 04 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
yes i do? why wouldn't you be promoting your music?
Which service do you prefer? I’ll post a link. That said, not sure it’ll make a difference.
ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
I'm sorry i can't take someone serious if they can't prove they are competent in the question at hand
So we’re expected to let your opinion carry weight with zero credentials, but anyone who wants to give their opinion to you must submit a music resume that you approve of? Got it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10061
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 04 Aug 2022

🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 1245
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 04 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022

I'm sorry i can't take someone serious if they can't prove they are competent in the question at hand
You actually wrote this
Lets be honest if anyone writes a track using reason the final mixdown is going to be in a analog studio
And want to be taken serious? nothing you have said in this threat has made any sense what so ever to me

Popey
Posts: 1323
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 05 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
04 Aug 2022
EnochLight wrote:
04 Aug 2022


Do you have Apple Music or Spotify (or something similar)? I prefer to be paid for my streams.



Lol.. k.
yes i do? why wouldn't you be promoting your music?

I'm sorry i can't take someone serious if they can't prove they are competent in the question at hand
Jeez man this seems awfully rude considering people are trying to help. Having heard Enoch lights music I would say he is more than competent not that actually this needs proving in anyway.

If you think reason sounds thin on your mac what do reference tracks sound like played outside of reason compared to within reason? Could it be an issue with settings as they should sound the same.

ReasonOCD
Banned user
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2022

Post 05 Aug 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 Aug 2022
still, none of anything you've said makes any sense at all to me 🤔

You sound like a troll.

Is this a form of internet bullying?

unjustifiably calling someone a troll, if it doesn't make sense to yourself maybe you shouldn't post or more importantly call someone a derogatory slur


I'm here to learn, it's just i cannot understand why Reason hasn't made any substantial progress if anything its retracted on it's user-ability which ultimately was its strength and why i invested my time & effort into this program

If anyone knows how i could purchase or upgrade to version 7 that would be most helpful

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3048
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 05 Aug 2022

I wouldn't know, I don't engage in bullying. However the exact same question you just asked, applies to you.

The reason I say nothing you say makes sense is because it is true. You are not making sense. 🤷‍♂️

For example. You are asking to buy Reason 7, because you don't like the SSL mixer.

Why do you want Reason 7? The pesky SSL mixer is in that version too! 😱

You claimed earlier that you don't like the SSL mixer because it is always visible, cluttering the screen, right?

Well, if you press the function keys f5, or f6, or f7, you get to switch views and only see the rack or sequencer or mixer. No need to view more than one thing at the same time.

The goes your silly argument.

Ok, another argument you make:
The graphical twitch? Are you talking about audio clips on the sequencer appearing to twitch sometimes? That big was fixed on the latest update. You wouldn't know cause as you stated somewhere, you used the demo version, and are not aware of the progress done after that.

There goes your other argument, maybe?


Lastly, the thing about your Mac mini sounding shallow... I don't even know what that means, you better explain yourself better, and I that's going to be difficult cause we would need to be there to compare? It could be an issue with the headphone convertor on your Mac mini, maybe you're not pushing the headphones all the way in... Maybe the fan noise from your Windows laptop not being there gives you a different perspective... Unless you test this with various songs inside and outside Reason, rendering and doing null tests, different headphones, sound interfaces, speakers.... you can't know what's causing the issue... It is almost certain that Reason isn't the issue there, the Mac version should sound the same as the windows version.

🤷‍♂️
The latest release:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10061
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 05 Aug 2022

Thread locked before everything gets out of control.

Calm down now.
Reason12, Win10

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Barriott, CommonCrawl [Bot], nico, simonphinix1986, Trendiction [Bot] and 3 guests