Way to get more volume out of simple sine wave

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popnfrsh24

03 Aug 2022

Hey there,

So I'm actually using Reason for a work project where I have a super simple sine wave "boop boop" quick pulse as a "ring in" sound. Problem is....whenever we play them through the computer speakers it is too low of a volume relative to every other sound that is played. Problem is I have maxed out the level on the subtractor and the mix fader. Anything I boost adds distortion. Is there any way to keep this "clean" sine wave and still boost it louder without adding distortion?

rcbuse
RE Developer

03 Aug 2022

Popnfrsh24 wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Hey there,

So I'm actually using Reason for a work project where I have a super simple sine wave "boop boop" quick pulse as a "ring in" sound. Problem is....whenever we play them through the computer speakers it is too low of a volume relative to every other sound that is played. Problem is I have maxed out the level on the subtractor and the mix fader. Anything I boost adds distortion. Is there any way to keep this "clean" sine wave and still boost it louder without adding distortion?
If you have the level maxed out, and other 'sounds' are playing louder, then there is a chance your speakers frequency response is attenuating that sine wave. Can you change the frequency of the sine wave up and octave and see if it becomes louder ?

moofi

03 Aug 2022

How about lowering the volume of the other sounds?
Popnfrsh24 wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Hey there,

• Information