Controller mapping to Reason.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NLAlston

21 Jul 2022

I have been battling with something, for quite a bit, and hope that someone could help me.

My controller is the M-audio Axiom Pro 49, and I am wishing for tighter integration of it with Reason 12. Specifically, I REALLY want to be able to remotely control Reason's Transport's buttons, via my controller - instead of having to constantly be reaching over to my computer's keyboard, to effectuate an action. That, in and of itself, might not be an issue to some - but it is to ME. I have followed the instructions in my controller's User Guide, but can't seem to get things going right.

Any ideas?

rmtcvolte

21 Jul 2022

According to the mapping of the Axiom Pro, transport functions should be available. What exactly is the problem with setting it up?

NLAlston

22 Jul 2022

rmtcvolte wrote:
21 Jul 2022
According to the mapping of the Axiom Pro, transport functions should be available. What exactly is the problem with setting it up?
Thanks for responding.

I have tried (according to documentation) everything I could - to get where I wish to be. But all has been to no avail. The problem with setting it up? Well, I am just looking for my contoller's 'Transport' buttons to be functional, within the Reason DAW. It had been given to my attention that the M-audio Axiom Controller integrates rather tightly, with Reason - BUT, that there may be a requirement of extra work, from the user, to map the unit to some of the features, in Reason. If that's to be the case, here, then I certainly don't know how to go about doing that.

rmtcvolte

22 Jul 2022

My search gives me this:
https://storage101.ord1.clouddrive.com/ ... 1658614536

and this ((legacy->Axiom Pro->your OS) if you are on Win, try the Win7-64bit, even my old Delta PCI audio card is running with legacy drivers on win10):

https://m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

If I take a look in Reasons Remote folders, it looks like that is everything here to make it work. I would go to Reason preferences-midi and start with "5. Click "Auto detect Surfaces"... on page 3" in the above manual, without installing the Hypercontrol stuff.

NLAlston

23 Jul 2022

Something is REALLY screwed up here, now.

Regarding your first link, I already have the manual. Your 2nd link references where I could get updated driuvers from. But that was an area that I already (unbeknownst to you) visited, but could gain nothing helpful, there. It appeared (there) that there was no longer any support for my Axiom Pro 49 - as none of the units in the Axiom line were there.

Also, while attempting some things - in Reason, I accidentally right-clicked on a transport button, which opened up a menu box for mapping keyboard controls. I played around in this area, and DID get things happing with remotely controlling the strokes, on my controller. I then shut Reason down, and restarted it, to see if my efforts held up. They did not. And, on top of that, now - the screen on my controller goes blank when Reason is called up. Also, I get no response from Reason, when I attempt to play any instruments. I don't know WHAT happened.

djsmex

24 Jul 2022

The midi overide map option is saved to the reason song file where as midi remote maps work across all reason projects. Have you made sure your controller is not selected in the quick midi section. As this quick midi ignores the remote sdk and only gives basic midi keyboard control. To get full remote sdk support, you will need to ensure your controller is not selected in the quick midi section and listed as a control surface with the correct midi in/out ports set. You should get a green tick if working.

gullum

25 Jul 2022

have you set the controller up inside reason preference? you need to add the controller inside there and that should be enough to get the transport to work

NLAlston

25 Aug 2022

gullum wrote:
25 Jul 2022
have you set the controller up inside reason preference? you need to add the controller inside there and that should be enough to get the transport to work
Sorry for the late response, but have been away, for a while. But, yes i I have set my controller up in Reason. I have done everything that (it seems) I was supposed to do, but am still defeated from what I desire.

• Information