reason update a mess

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manoob

19 Jul 2022

hi updated to the newest update wish i hadnt. evry time start eason it wants to scan all my hard drive for vsts.it takes 2 days!!!!!!!!!!this is the 3rd restart!!!!! i checked vst floder in options and chiosen thge right ones. but it wants to do its own full hard drive sweep every time. please send me previous version to go back . this is shit.. and please fix your controller support for mackie and hui... can use my xtouch with live and logic but not here fully.

demt

19 Jul 2022

erm wheres the bottleneck theres something very rong with your system like not using a ssd or to put it another way your computer may still be using obsolite hard drives with moving parts, not that in the real world it would make a couple of hours verses minutes, but with all the hype youve satisfied sum advertisers dream,however theres move all your vsts into 1 folder and point reason at it shouldnt take long as wehen told to do only 1 folder it wont do the lot,
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

19 Jul 2022

manoob wrote:
19 Jul 2022
evry time start eason it wants to scan all my hard drive for vsts.it takes 2 days!!!!!!!!!!
This happened to me once too on an earlier version, not Reason 12. The solution was to quit Reason, go to the Reason Cache folder and throw away the _PluginCache.dat file.

Then when I launched Reason it scanned the plugins one more time but after that it was done.

On a mac that folder is ~/Library/Caches/Reason which is in your home folder. To get there in the Finder you hold down the Option key and go to the Go menu up top and choose Library, the double click Caches, and then the Reason folder. I don't know the PC location but I'm sure someone here will.

Loque

20 Jul 2022

What are the folders you defined, where Reason should look for Vests?
Reason12, Win10

Grimlucky

20 Jul 2022

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2022
What are the folders you defined, where Reason should look for Vests?
I keep my vests in a drawer, perhaps try there 😁

manoob

02 Aug 2022

i managed to fix it, but my universal audio plugins now shows up to letter d after that they are not there... tried put dll files in different folder and that didnt work. they work else where except on reason. so its an issue with reason

moofi

02 Aug 2022

Not enough experimentation, evaluation, nor a wee cuppa tea so to speak ;-)
manoob wrote:
02 Aug 2022
i managed to fix it, but my universal audio plugins now shows up to letter d after that they are not there... tried put dll files in different folder and that didnt work. they work else where except on reason. so its an issue with reason

• Information