[SOLVED] Trouble Authorizing Computer (Windows 11)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
challism

27 Jul 2022

moofi wrote:
22 Jul 2022
What version of Codemeter and Authoriser have you got installed on the Computer the offline authorisation is working with?

Got the latest ones, zum Beispiel mentioned, installed.
I haven't had a chance to check my other computer for the Codemeter version, but I'll bet it's an older one (I haven't made any changes to that computer's Codemeter for a few years now).
zumBeispiel wrote:
22 Jul 2022
Hi Challism,
I don't know if this could be of any importance but...

Here in RS site, there is the 7.10 version of Codemeter (2020-09):
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download-codemeter

Here instead in Wibu site, it can be loaded the 7.40 version (2022-04):
https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html
I downloaded Codemeter 7.4 and was able to authorize my new laptop. So this worked for me. Thank you so much for your help!
authorized.png
authorized.png (171.08 KiB) Viewed 531 times

Authorizer is the lastes version, so the issue seems to be with the newest version of Codemeter; version 7.4 seems to have worked.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moofi

27 Jul 2022

No, it´s not been the Codemeterversion but to include "Network Server" and "Remote Access" with the installation, at least here :-)
And the newest version is 7.4 btw.

Thank you anyway :-)
challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
moofi wrote:
22 Jul 2022
What version of Codemeter and Authoriser have you got installed on the Computer the offline authorisation is working with?

Got the latest ones, zum Beispiel mentioned, installed.
I haven't had a chance to check my other computer for the Codemeter version, but I'll bet it's an older one (I haven't made any changes to that computer's Codemeter for a few years now).
zumBeispiel wrote:
22 Jul 2022
Hi Challism,

I downloaded Codemeter 7.4 and was able to authorize my new laptop. So this worked for me. Thank you so much for your help!
authorized.png

Authorizer is the lastes version, so the issue seems to be with the newest version of Codemeter; version 7.4 seems to have worked.

challism

27 Jul 2022

moofi wrote:
27 Jul 2022
No, it´s not been the Codemeterversion but to include "Network Server" and "Remote Access" with the installation, at least here :-)

Well, I didn't pay too much attention to the details.. just clicked the link given above in this thread and downloaded that version of Codemeter from Wibu and it worked. So all is good. :)

I see now that the version on RS is an outdated/old version. Weird. So they need to update that link, I guess?

Anyway, I'm happy that I was able to authorize my laptop.

moofi

27 Jul 2022

Like said, it´s the installation options that matter, not the version from what I can tell. In case you install it again and forget to actively include "Network Server" + "Remote Access" you might run into trouble once again, thus the information it being about adding both within the installer options. :-)

Wrote to WIBU + RS about it. Suggested to WIBU to include these two within the default choice of options to prevent issues like we were experiencing.

Did you check those options during installation or did they possibly include them already?
challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
moofi wrote:
27 Jul 2022

Well, I didn't pay too much attention to the details.. just clicked the link given above in this thread and downloaded that version of Codemeter from Wibu and it worked. So all is good. :)

I see now that the version on RS is an outdated/old version. Weird. So they need to update that link, I guess?

challism

27 Jul 2022

moofi wrote:
27 Jul 2022
Like said, it´s the installation options that matter, not the version from what I can tell. In case you install it again and forget to actively include "Network Server" + "Remote Access" you might run into trouble once again, thus the information it being about adding both within the installer options. :-)

Wrote to WIBU + RS about it. Suggested to WIBU to include these two within the default choice of options to prevent issues like we were experiencing.

Did you check those options during installation or did they possibly include them already?
challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022

I didn't click anything, just installed it with the default settings. So I guess they made the changes.

zumBeispiel

28 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
zumBeispiel wrote:
22 Jul 2022
Hi Challism,

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

moofi

28 Jul 2022

Yeah well, though I haven´t checked it yet, could be indeed the case :-)
challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
moofi wrote:
27 Jul 2022

I didn't click anything, just installed it with the default settings. So I guess they made the changes.

• Information