"Duplicate Channel and Tracks" does not work as it should when a Player is present

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rgdaniel

30 Jun 2022

Just submitted this to RS, with screenshots. Link to a blog post with the three main screenshots (4,5,6):
http://www.rgdaniel.com/gravitas/2022/06/reason-bug/
Anybody else seeing this? (R12 latest, 100% zoom, Win10)

Bug report, as per title: "Duplicate Channel and Tracks" does not work as it should when a Player is present. Numbers correspond to attached screenshots.

With Browser, Mixer, and Rack visible in new empty file:
1 - Start with empty file, drag in an ID8 from browser to rack (mix channel is created
2- Right click mixer track in Mixer window, select Duplicate Channels and tracks
3- Mixer channel and ID8 are correctly duplicated as in previous versions
4 - In new empty file, drag in ID8 as before, and add any Player above it
5- Right click mixer track in Mixer window, select Duplicate Channels and tracks
6- INcorrect duplication: TWO ID8's under second mix channel, and Player in first channel has been stripped of its header and is therefore useless
Additionally, in the sequencer window:
7- Duplicate track with NO player works as always, new track is below original track
8 - Duplicate track WITH player, new track incorrectly lands ABOVE original track.

rgdaniel

01 Jul 2022

Weirdly, a workaround seems to be that you can duplicate the channel by CTRL-drag and drop the Mixer channel a couple of pixels to the right until you get the red line, and then it behaves as it should when using the right-click menu command.
Anybody on Win10 / R12 willing to take 30 seconds to test and confirm (or deny) what I've shown here? Super curious.

deeplink
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2022

It's a known issue.

The device order is dependant on which device you select to duplicate.

The work around for now is to always select the last device in the stack and duplicate that one.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

rgdaniel

01 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
01 Jul 2022
It's a known issue.

The device order is dependant on which device you select to duplicate.
But I'm selecting the mixer channel, not any particular device.
That has always meant to duplicate the mixer channel and all devices under it, in the original order.
It's something I do fairly often. A bit disappointing is all...

rgdaniel

01 Jul 2022

You're right about it being a known bug... support just got back to me (they said "great bug report" which kinda made my day!) and suggested that they're on it and that it would roll out first to beta when they have something... I'll keep an eye out there...

• Information