Live Stream: Chord Sequencer with Mattias and Ludvig

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

30 Jun 2022

Ahh finally (well on the 1st July)

Billy+

30 Jun 2022

I've held off trialling CS for now but I'm looking forward to seeing what extra enhancements it could have with my workflow.

I think had this been one of the first players it would definitely have been in my toolbox but I grabbed MiK Captain bundle early(before it was fully complete) and I've also got Scaler 2 so I'm just not shopping for yet another chord progression device at the moment.

CS looks really good though.

w1pl0c

30 Jun 2022

its really good, but I have a hard time visually sequencing in rack alongside the arrangement view. For instance aligning CS chords with drum hits or other samples in the arrangement.

That being said, Notes to track is fire. Most of the presets are fire. Chord suggestions are, you guessed it, fire.

motuscott

30 Jun 2022

Should be good cos CS is a very cool player.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Billy+

01 Jul 2022

:lol: yet another thread title rename?

I decided not to include "Live Stream" as it's only going to be a live stream for such a short time before just being a YouTube video forever.......

selig
RE Developer

01 Jul 2022

Billy+ wrote:
01 Jul 2022
:lol: yet another thread title rename?

I decided not to include "Live Stream" as it's only going to be a live stream for such a short time before just being a YouTube video forever.......
It is ALWAYS going to be a youtube video of a live stream. Same as if it was a youtube video of a live concert, even though the concert is no longer live…
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

01 Jul 2022

Well I have to say it was a good watch :clap:

Interesting to hear that there's more potential being added to the device (nice)

It might be handy if in edit mode there's an option for velocity of the individual notes ;)

And it's got to be said
billy wrote:If you're going to include combinator patches that are only using controls available in CMBv1 please can you make them compatible with CMBv1?

Both examples shown used only two buttons surely that would suggest that they would be compatible with other versions of Reason? (If you could somehow convert them)
Really good stream, really interesting device, definitely considering CS.

Jed

01 Jul 2022

Chord Sequencer is not working as a midi effect in Logic Pro here (Rosetta M1). The presets are blank.

Cheers
Jed

BRIGGS

01 Jul 2022

This thing is stunning for choir sounds. I am in heaven with the angels. : )
r11s

Billy+

03 Jul 2022

Ryan mentioned the chord creation process was interesting but I really can't imagine that this is truly how all the preset chords were created :lol:

MuttReason

03 Jul 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jul 2022
Ryan mentioned the chord creation process was interesting but I really can't imagine that this is truly how all the preset chords were created :lol:

Cool video. Proper jazzers both. Loved how they jammed over the last two sequences. The big stretchy chords in the sets they used flow together so well… having a blast here.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

03 Jul 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jul 2022
That's not how ALL the chord sets were created but that absolutely is how three of them were. In Chord Sequencer there are chord sets called "Songwriter", "70s Soul Ballad", and "Head in Clouds" which are the chords you see Bryn and David making here live.

We recorded them into the sequencer while filming, I used the Learn/Edit chord feature to make them a patch on set that they could use for the jam sections, and then I sent the raw MIDI sequencer performances off to Ludvig in Stockholm who turned them into the correct Chord Set format to embed in the Rack Extension itself.

Bes
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2022

ugh i recoil from anything that uses crazy/insane as descriptive language, it almost always refers to something completely neurotypical
- Certified Reason expert

joachime

04 Jul 2022

Jed wrote:
01 Jul 2022
Chord Sequencer is not working as a midi effect in Logic Pro here (Rosetta M1). The presets are blank.
It might be caused by resource allocation in Logic. Does the patch load properly if you press play in host (Logic)?

Jed

04 Jul 2022

Thank you that did the job!

Cheers
Jed

challism

04 Jul 2022

Bes wrote:
03 Jul 2022
ugh i recoil from anything that uses crazy/insane as descriptive language, it almost always refers to something completely neurotypical
Yeah, use of the word "insane" in the thumbnail was pretty questionable. That video was far from insane. That's just RS playing the clickbait game that most social media creators feel obligated to play.

I moved this thread to the Rack Extension subforum.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information