[solved] I've broken it!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dakta

27 Jun 2022

Apologies if its a duplication of something someone has already experienced, but I'm doing some rendering on my main pc which means whilst its doing it I can't really use it for anything else otherwise gpu has a hissy fit

So for reason I'm using my secondary laptop in the meantime, but I've noticed I've started getting warnings for missing rack extensions even though everything's installed (I'm on R+). The affected rack extensions for like radical piano, humana and a few other reasonstudios extensions. As they are reason studios I can't reinstall through companion though I can with my third party extensions.

I have reinstalled reason on top (I'll admit I didn't uninstall it first) and this hasn't resolved the issue, is there a manual way to make the companion re-install or at least re-register the presence of reason's own rack extensions?

Not a major gremlin as not many of my projects use these plugins but a couple do and I suppose I may want to xD

buddard
RE Developer

27 Jun 2022

Window --> Manage Content

dakta

27 Jun 2022

Never knew that even existed, thanks.

Odd that you can't do it through the companion (that said I hate the companion, good idea in principle butttttttt why can you save my login details like the main app)

When loading songs that used the plugins it did have a button to install missing extensions but didn't seem to do anything. Not really a bug but not really clearcut either.

oh well :D

• Information