Whats going on with reason 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WOO

26 Jun 2022

I broke down and bought 12 while it was on sale. After a few hic ups, I got it working, to the point that I felt comfortable opening up my old projects created in 11 suite and 10. Well it won't open them up. It starts to load up the song and then after several seconds reason shuts down. When I start it up again, it has switched all on its own, to a totally different driver with sometimes a different bit depth 44 from 48 which is the default bit depth of my audio interface. I can't reset it back to the the driver that came with my audio interface unless I completely reboot my windows system. Anyone have any idea whats the cause? Nothing has changed on my computer with the exception of the install of 12. When I go back to using 11, all old songs load without any problems. I'm real glad I didn't save any of my old songs in 12. Btw all the songs that I created and saved in 12 open up without any problems.

jonnyretina

28 Jun 2022

WOO wrote:
26 Jun 2022
I broke down and bought 12 while it was on sale. After a few hic ups, I got it working, to the point that I felt comfortable opening up my old projects created in 11 suite and 10. Well it won't open them up. It starts to load up the song and then after several seconds reason shuts down. When I start it up again, it has switched all on its own, to a totally different driver with sometimes a different bit depth 44 from 48 which is the default bit depth of my audio interface. I can't reset it back to the the driver that came with my audio interface unless I completely reboot my windows system. Anyone have any idea whats the cause? Nothing has changed on my computer with the exception of the install of 12. When I go back to using 11, all old songs load without any problems. I'm real glad I didn't save any of my old songs in 12. Btw all the songs that I created and saved in 12 open up without any problems.
The cause seems likely to be a Reason 12 bug. Out of interest, if you create a basic and empty song in Reason 11 and then try to open that in Reason 12 afterwards, does the same issue with it causing R12 audio settings corruption and crashing happen?

artotaku

28 Jun 2022

WOO wrote:
26 Jun 2022
You may also check on Windows settings and give this a try. I remember I once had the same issue and the below instruction solved it:

"Right click on the speaker icon on the task-bar by the clock. Then select open sound settings then for each output and input for your audio interface select device properties

Go to advanced and select the default format you want and then untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

Remember to do it for each input and output."

Source: https://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/wind ... te.795588/

• Information