reason not exporting mixer channel files.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gritz

26 Jun 2022

hi I hope you can advise

normally when I am exporting the stems of one of songs from reason to a folder on my MacBook

I have moved the reason file to my MacBook from my SSD and normally I check the track out then I bounce the mixer channels - however I am doing this and I click on export then mixer channels tick all the boxes of what I want to export then click ok then the chosen folder appears which I would then just export into that folder - however reason now hangs with the folder view open and not allowing me to either export or cancel.

clearly something is hanging somewhere. which is new as I have not experienced this before. Not even getting the spinning ball which would indicate normally its hanging but would eventually complete that task... has someone else experienced this before..

not done any upgrades or changes recently.

jonnyretina

28 Jun 2022

gritz wrote:
26 Jun 2022
hi I hope you can advise

normally when I am exporting the stems of one of songs from reason to a folder on my MacBook

I have moved the reason file to my MacBook from my SSD and normally I check the track out then I bounce the mixer channels - however I am doing this and I click on export then mixer channels tick all the boxes of what I want to export then click ok then the chosen folder appears which I would then just export into that folder - however reason now hangs with the folder view open and not allowing me to either export or cancel.

clearly something is hanging somewhere. which is new as I have not experienced this before. Not even getting the spinning ball which would indicate normally its hanging but would eventually complete that task... has someone else experienced this before..

not done any upgrades or changes recently.
What version of Reason and macOS?

gritz

28 Jun 2022

Ok firstly thank you for your reply - really grateful- I was looking at a another reply on another entry from sweetwater and they advised to rename the folder which I did and it worked - so rename the song save it and it works

• Information