Reason 12 Effect Issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ralph1983

25 Jun 2022

1.png
1.png (660.3 KiB) Viewed 690 times

Billy+

25 Jun 2022

Not entirely sure what the issue is?

Are you trying to add the mclass compressor to the master section?

Ralph1983

25 Jun 2022

Hello People,

I've got a problem with the Reason 12 effects. When i want to add an effect that will be on the whole song (reverbfor an example) I must click the "show insert" and then add reverb or other effect, and it will be added to whole song. IS this Bug??
I'm asking because In Reason 11 Suite to add eny effect or vst to whole song i clik on the "Hardware Interface" and add effect . to apply to the wholse song.
I love to master and mix in Reason, so When i open my Reason 11 songs (mastered with some vst, effect etc) in the Reason 12 the effects did't work. I Must manully add (click "show insert", then add effect,vst)

Ralph1983

25 Jun 2022

Attachments
2.png
2.png (673.66 KiB) Viewed 679 times

jam-s

25 Jun 2022

You can press tab and cable the FX right between the master section and the hardware interface.

Ralph1983

25 Jun 2022

Thanks for the answer, but can enbody answer me is this a Reason 12 Bug, or a new function?

jam-s

25 Jun 2022

Ralph1983 wrote:
25 Jun 2022
Thanks for the answer, but can enbody answer me is this a Reason 12 Bug, or a new function?
If it works or used to work like this in R11 and does not work any more in R12 it might be a regression/bug. You should then report it to Reason Studios.

moofi

25 Jun 2022

From what I know, this comes with the mastersection changes within Reason 12. It doesn´t connect to the hardwareinterface anymore like it did before but to the mastersection sends/returns. If you want to put an effect between the masteroutput and the hardwareinterface, you would have to manually cable it.
With the masterbus compressor available in the rack now, you could aswell create a "master mixbus" yourself, that would result in a similar routing like directly connecting to the hardwareinterface if you leave the masterbus compressor of the mixer turned off.
jam-s wrote:
25 Jun 2022
Ralph1983 wrote:
25 Jun 2022
If it works or used to work like this in R11 and does not work any more in R12 it might be a regression/bug. You should then report it to Reason Studios.

crimsonwarlock

26 Jun 2022

You could set up a project template with a combinator patched between the master and hardware output. You can then drop FX into the combinator when needed without the need for manual cabling. I don't know if an empty FX combinator routes audio through, so you might need to have at least one FX in there from the start. You probably have some FX that you want to have there always anyway, so you can put that into your template setup.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Ralph1983

26 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
25 Jun 2022
From what I know, this comes with the mastersection changes within Reason 12. It doesn´t connect to the hardwareinterface anymore like it did before but to the mastersection sends/returns. If you want to put an effect between the masteroutput and the hardwareinterface, you would have to manually cable it.
With the masterbus compressor available in the rack now, you could aswell create a "master mixbus" yourself, that would result in a similar routing like directly connecting to the hardwareinterface if you leave the masterbus compressor of the mixer turned off.
jam-s wrote:
25 Jun 2022

Thanks for the answer my friends. ;-) I thought I had some system or hardware problems. Thanks to everyone for your help

selig
RE Developer

26 Jun 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
26 Jun 2022
You could set up a project template with a combinator patched between the master and hardware output. You can then drop FX into the combinator when needed without the need for manual cabling. I don't know if an empty FX combinator routes audio through, so you might need to have at least one FX in there from the start. You probably have some FX that you want to have there always anyway, so you can put that into your template setup.
This is probably the best approach IMO. And yes, an empty Combinator passes audio just fine. This is basically how I’ve setup my song starter template for years now!
Selig Audio, LLC

moofi

26 Jun 2022

That´s a good idea.
selig wrote:
26 Jun 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
26 Jun 2022
This is probably the best approach IMO. And yes, an empty Combinator passes audio just fine. This is basically how I’ve setup my song starter template for years now!

crimsonwarlock

27 Jun 2022

selig wrote:
26 Jun 2022
And yes, an empty Combinator passes audio just fine.
Thanks for that clarification. I didn't have access to my studio machine, so I couldn't test/check that myself.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information