Recorded Audio Waveforms flickering / disappearing.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Fooltooth

20 Jun 2022

Using Reason 12 with Reason +

When I record external audio like guitar tracks into an audio track in reason, the visualization of the audio waveform seems to intermittently vanish or flicker. The audio itself is obviously there, but for some reason the block where the waveform should be is either blank, or kind of flickers in and out. It also won't let me see the waveform for more than one audio clip at a time, which makes editing and comping the clips together very difficult.

This did not use to happen. I am not sure what update this problem started with, because I have been working on projects that haven't used external audio recording for the past 6 months, but this was never an issue before.

Does anyone have any insight or a fix on this? Any help at all is appreciated.

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2022

Some insight: Have you recently upgraded to 12/R+?

It's gotta be something with the way Reason renders stuff now on the GPU. Can you confirm what you system specs are (including graphics card/on-board chip)?

As a very early step, I'd try checking to see if there are any updates to your display drivers.

• Information