Reason 12 doesn't close start template

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
riemac

19 Jun 2022

Is it normal that Reason 12 doesn't close the start-up song template (document 1) after opening another song?
If I remember correctly, in older versions the start-up song was automaticly closed after another song was loaded.

Can I change this behavior in the settings of Reason 12?

huggermugger

19 Jun 2022

No problem here. The start-up template closes automatically when loading another project.

challism

19 Jun 2022

huggermugger wrote:
19 Jun 2022
No problem here. The start-up template closes automatically when loading another project.
Same here.
riemac wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Is it normal that Reason 12 doesn't close the start-up song template (document 1) after opening another song?
If I remember correctly, in older versions the start-up song was automaticly closed after another song was loaded.

For me, it closes the start project as expected, so long as I haven't made any changes to the first opened template (document 1). If you have made changes to documen1, it wouldn't close it. I'm on Windows 10. What OS are you using?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

riemac

19 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
19 Jun 2022
huggermugger wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Same here.
riemac wrote:
19 Jun 2022

For me, it closes the start project as expected, so long as I haven't made any changes to the first opened template (document 1). If you have made changes to documen1, it wouldn't close it. I'm on Windows 10. What OS are you using?
I think, now I know the reason. If I start up Reason, the start up song is called „document 1*“ with a star.
If I am right, the star is a sign, that the song has been changed. But I haven‘t changed anything after the start up.

If I change the preferences to start up empty everything works fine. Seems there is a bug with the template setting in Reason 12.

By the way, I am on Win10.

joeyluck

19 Jun 2022

Any chance you have a MIDI controller that has a wonky control that is sending data and changing a parameter?

riemac

20 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Any chance you have a MIDI controller that has a wonky control that is sending data and changing a parameter?
I've disconnected my MIDI Keyboard and tried again, but with the same result. After opening Reason the song name is "document 1*" with a star. So the MIDI controller isn't the problem.

After that I tried another thing. I saved the empty standard Reason song as a new template and chose it in the preferences instead of my own template song.
Now every thing works just fine. It seems, that my old template song file is the problem or something I use in the template.
Do you have any sugestions?

riemac

20 Jun 2022

OK, I've found the problem in my template. It is the VST Sonarworks SoundID Reference which is causing the problem.

• Information