They seem to really need the money: REASON 12 UPGRADE 60% OFF

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3840
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Sure, bring on super sales promos, but if you're going to hype it up as MAY FREAKIN MADNESS SALE, and then float a MUCH better one just a few days later ... that is simply disingenous, disrespects buyers who bought the first sale and keeps customers leary of your future integrity and offers.

This is basic marketing 101 !
Honestly I don't think it is.

I've purchased devices at full price that have been included in the upgrades
I've purchased rack extensions at full price that have been massively discounted a few months later

I'm not upset about paying for something for a price I'm happy to pay and I would assume that most people feel the same, yes it's nice to get a bargain but it's all nice getting what you want regardless of the price.

If you want the best deals all the time then you're never going to buy anything new while waiting for the next deal to pop up.

SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 18 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
18 Jun 2022
SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Sure, bring on super sales promos, but if you're going to hype it up as MAY FREAKIN MADNESS SALE, and then float a MUCH better one just a few days later ... that is simply disingenous, disrespects buyers who bought the first sale and keeps customers leary of your future integrity and offers.

This is basic marketing 101 !
If you want the best deals all the time then you're never going to buy anything new while waiting for the next deal to pop up.

I've purchased rack extensions at full price that have been massively discounted a few months later
Incorrect ... I buy new all the time and usually find sales and bargains.

Billy, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT .... again, you're missing my point. The integrity of their SALE offers are in question as they hyped MAY MADNESS SALE and then soundly beat it with a huge new SALE of 60% off - not MONTHS LATER as you say you are ok with, just a paltry few days right after the supposed BIG MAY MADNESS HYPED SALE.

In fact their MAY MADNESS SALE turned out ot be a weak, disingenuous discount sale in comparison. If they were being honest, It should have been called the May Decent Sale for those who can't wait 15 days to get the BIG, AWESOME 60% OFF SALE !

I repeat - their process disrespects buyers who bought the first sale based on the hype and keeps customers leary of RS' future integrity and offers.


SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 18 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2022
15 days? So you're within the 30 days?
Yes, I bought R12 May 31 after asking others if the bugs have been worked out. Is there a 30 day policy I am not aware of?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9764
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2022
15 days? So you're within the 30 days?
Yes, I bought R12 May 31 after asking others if the bugs have been worked out. Is there a 30 day policy I am not aware of?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... ns-policy-

The window might be a little tight at this point? Since the sale ends on the 21st.

SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 18 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2022
SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Yes, I bought R12 May 31 after asking others if the bugs have been worked out. Is there a 30 day policy I am not aware of?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... ns-policy-

The window might be a little tight at this point? Since the sale ends on the 21st.
I sent a ticket to them Friday asking for refuund or difference and if history is any indication should hear back this week. I would hope they can just refund the difference rather than deleting and repurchasing, but will deal with it regardless.

Thank for the heads up Joey.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9764
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2022


https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... ns-policy-

The window might be a little tight at this point? Since the sale ends on the 21st.
I sent a ticket to them Friday asking for refuund or difference and if history is any indication should hear back this week. I would hope they can just refund the difference rather than deleting and repurchasing, but will deal with it regardless.

Thank for the heads up Joey.
Yeah I was going to suggest just that—letting them know your intentions and what you are trying to do given the timeline. Maybe they can simplify the process? And hopefully if they can't get to it before the new sale ends, perhaps it will be honored with the record of your ticket? I have no idea how it works and can't speak for RS support, I only know about the 30 day return policy existing.

SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 18 Jun 2022

joeyluck wrote:
18 Jun 2022

Yeah I was going to suggest just that—letting them know your intentions and what you are trying to do given the timeline. Maybe they can simplify the process? And hopefully if they can't get to it before the new sale ends, perhaps it will be honored with the record of your ticket? I have no idea how it works and can't speak for RS support, I only know about the 30 day return policy existing.
:thumbs_up:
Actually just looked and I sent ticket June 16th/Thursday, so looking even a little better. I'm guessing I'm not alone and they may be backed up with refund/deal shoppers - lol
Cheers,

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 553
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
18 Jun 2022


If you want the best deals all the time then you're never going to buy anything new while waiting for the next deal to pop up.

I've purchased rack extensions at full price that have been massively discounted a few months later
Incorrect ... I buy new all the time and usually find sales and bargains.

Billy, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT .... again, you're missing my point. The integrity of their SALE offers are in question as they hyped MAY MADNESS SALE and then soundly beat it with a huge new SALE of 60% off - not MONTHS LATER as you say you are ok with, just a paltry few days right after the supposed BIG MAY MADNESS HYPED SALE.

In fact their MAY MADNESS SALE turned out ot be a weak, disingenuous discount sale in comparison. If they were being honest, It should have been called the May Decent Sale for those who can't wait 15 days to get the BIG, AWESOME 60% OFF SALE !

I repeat - their process disrespects buyers who bought the first sale based on the hype and keeps customers leary of RS' future integrity and offers.
You do know Waves and Plug-in Alliance is famous for this tactic right? AT&T did this too (but I got the hood end of that 🫠)
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 810
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 18 Jun 2022

What I don´t really get with Plugin Alliance´ sales model is, how they think someone might buy their still above 31$ plugins during the summersale while you can simply subsribe for a month with 29 forever (29,,99$) and receive a voucher that let´s you buy any of their plugins for 1$ leading to a sum of 30,99$ or 31$ rounded. Yes, the license is perpetual. You can have an arbitrary number of any time cancelable 29 forever subscriptions in parallel. They are basically saying "Hey during our summersale you can get a plugin for 149$ that usually costs 399$, yet you can get it for ~31$ all the time anyway. Unless somebody doesn´t know about 29forever how would one go for the higher price? And what´s the use of the summersale for products still being above 31$? Not complaining here, being happy, having 4 of the most expensive listed plugins gotten for 124$ altogether. Simply wondering what that is about.
Kalm wrote:
18 Jun 2022
SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022


Incorrect ... I buy new all the time and usually find sales and bargains.

Billy, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT .... again, you're missing my point. The integrity of their SALE offers are in question as they hyped MAY MADNESS SALE and then soundly beat it with a huge new SALE of 60% off - not MONTHS LATER as you say you are ok with, just a paltry few days right after the supposed BIG MAY MADNESS HYPED SALE.

In fact their MAY MADNESS SALE turned out ot be a weak, disingenuous discount sale in comparison. If they were being honest, It should have been called the May Decent Sale for those who can't wait 15 days to get the BIG, AWESOME 60% OFF SALE !

I repeat - their process disrespects buyers who bought the first sale based on the hype and keeps customers leary of RS' future integrity and offers.
You do know Waves and Plug-in Alliance is famous for this tactic right? AT&T did this too (but I got the hood end of that 🫠)

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3840
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 18 Jun 2022

SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Billy, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT .... again, you're missing my point.
What I said isn't an opinion it's fact and without trying to further enrage you I think you misunderstood what I'm saying

If the %33 off May Madness sale was your acceptable price point and the product was acceptable to you does it really matter that much that Reason Studios decided they would have another bigger discounted sale to encourage the more reluctant to buy?

Personally I haven't purchased the R12 upgrade but it hasn't got anything to do with the price and although %60 discount seems like an offer I shouldn't refuse I'm still reluctant because I honestly don't care about the pricing as the product doesn't entice me into buying it as it is.

SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 18 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
18 Jun 2022
SauceMerchant wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Billy, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT .... again, you're missing my point.
What I said isn't an opinion it's fact and without trying to further enrage you I think you misunderstood what I'm saying

If the %33 off May Madness sale was your acceptable price point and the product was acceptable to you does it really matter that much that Reason Studios decided they would have another bigger discounted sale to encourage the more reluctant to buy?
This is your opinion I was referring to "If you want the best deals all the time then you're never going to buy anything new while waiting for the next deal to pop up." Billy, in my case, that is false.

I learned over 30 years of running my own business that it is imperative you press for the best deal. Old habits die hard ... oh and there is a difference between stating ones opinions/arguments in a direct, honest and forceful way, and it doesn't entail being enraged ;-)

As stated, in my opinion, this latest RS Promo cycle was unfair to customers who purchased early. If they held the 2nd SALE a couple of months apart, I too would have chalked it up to bad timing and not raised the issue. Fortunately in my case with some luck, because I bought the last day of the first SALE - 15 days till the next, it looks like I *may get the sweeter deal after all - (Thanks Joey)

Enough typing ... Billy you and I are evidently not going to agree on this. So be it!

Enjoy your weekend.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1169
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 19 Jun 2022

OK, I upgraded. I wanted to wait for R13 but that's it.
Let's hope the M1 devs gets some love!!

Vcv community is working hard toward M1 re-coding of Vcv rack.
Maybe RS devs could find some inspirations in those threads...
https://community.vcvrack.com/t/build-r ... m1/13203/6

IF they need money, M1 Native would have to be N.1 Priority. :exclamation:

Jac459
Posts: 214
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 19 Jun 2022

Re8et wrote:
19 Jun 2022
IF they need money, M1 Native would have to be N.1 Priority. :exclamation:
It runs already very well on M1, with an air 256gb/8gb/m1 I can't overload it...

Native will be really appreciated but prioritizing VST3 makes sense as it is not working at all...

helmutson
Posts: 188
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jun 2022

I asked for a refund and I got one, exactly the difference between the maymadness sale and the new promotion.
Nice, now I purchased B-VX and got a Reward, after that I purchased Friction. I up to date finally :) ... and happy, thanx RS

OT : Reason+ should implement the midifiles/songfiles in the packs too. I would love to see how the artist put/mix the single instruments together.

helmutson
Posts: 188
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Re8et wrote:
19 Jun 2022
IF they need money, M1 Native would have to be N.1 Priority. :exclamation:
It runs already very well on M1, with an air 256gb/8gb/m1 I can't overload it...

Native will be really appreciated but prioritizing VST3 makes sense as it is not working at all...
Got a M1 too and have sometimes start hickups with bigger projects, thats a lilˋ bit annoying, maybe thats because its not a native M1 version !?

Jac459
Posts: 214
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 19 Jun 2022

helmutson wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Got a M1 too and have sometimes start hickups with bigger projects, thats a lilˋ bit annoying, maybe thats because its not a native M1 version !?
What I have is a few seconds of cracks when I just switched tasks with a big project (for example I go browsing reason talk and come back). I think it is because of the memory (I only have 8GB) and then it may be swapping on the SSD. But it is only a few seconds so it doesn't count as an annoyance.

With m1 version you surely can expect improvement and optimization and maybe also on memory allocation.

I was just saying VST3 is also important :-). Not saying better m1 support isn't...

Jac459
Posts: 214
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 19 Jun 2022

helmutson wrote:
19 Jun 2022
I asked for a refund and I got one, exactly the difference between the maymadness sale and the new promotion.
Nice, now I purchased B-VX and got a Reward, after that I purchased Friction. I up to date finally :) ... and happy, thanx RS

OT : Reason+ should implement the midifiles/songfiles in the packs too. I would love to see how the artist put/mix the single instruments together.
Reason support is just awesome. I bought some synths without using my reward points and discovered a better path of purchase allowing me to optimize my spending. They help me on it and refunded me the money. They are very helpful and customer oriented.
In that sense to me it annihilate any rage against their marketing as if you are in an unfair situation because of a sudden promo, they will fix it diligently.

On the other hand, I bought my reason 12 full price months ago and had multiple months of happiness and creation with it so I am glad I paid it a bit more even if it is on killer sales now.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3045
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022


Doesn’t matter that it’s USD. They take PayPal. Just converts from whatever your currency is. I buy stuff from them all the time using the FORUM or the GROUP code. And yes, you buy a code and you can register it whenever you want. No problems. If you don’t believe me or want further confirmation I’m sure someone else can jump in and tell you the same thing.
I'm happy to accept your word.

And it's a very tempting moment especially as I don't want R12 but will probably want R13 and getting it on release for discount is always preferred :thumbup: you have done a better job than the current marketing strategy has :lol:
I hope this is true... It made me jump on board > but like others here I will wait a bit to install and authorize it with the hopes of an upgrade path to reason 13 when and if it happens. I imagine once downloaded it can be used as a trial while I think about it some more. I will be downloading all the great combinators this kind community has offered for free before I trial it. For those that contributed and for the advice... I thank you all.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2924
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 19 Jun 2022

Reason 12 upgrade releases torrent of R12 newbie questions.
Expect more, I climbed aboard
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 553
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 19 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
18 Jun 2022
What I don´t really get with Plugin Alliance´ sales model is, how they think someone might buy their still above 31$ plugins during the summersale while you can simply subsribe for a month with 29 forever (29,,99$) and receive a voucher that let´s you buy any of their plugins for 1$ leading to a sum of 30,99$ or 31$ rounded. Yes, the license is perpetual. You can have an arbitrary number of any time cancelable 29 forever subscriptions in parallel. They are basically saying "Hey during our summersale you can get a plugin for 149$ that usually costs 399$, yet you can get it for ~31$ all the time anyway. Unless somebody doesn´t know about 29forever how would one go for the higher price? And what´s the use of the summersale for products still being above 31$? Not complaining here, being happy, having 4 of the most expensive listed plugins gotten for 124$ altogether. Simply wondering what that is about.
Kalm wrote:
18 Jun 2022


You do know Waves and Plug-in Alliance is famous for this tactic right? AT&T did this too (but I got the hood end of that 🫠)
I have a friend who takes advantage of that offer and I don’t? Idk I never actually cared to sit down and do the math lmao I just buy them when I think it’s a low enough price. I guess since the incentive to buy plugins at high value with low cost is there with a proven track record, people like buying into the culture more than the plugins… idk I’m just talking here
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

helmutson
Posts: 188
Joined: 30 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
19 Jun 2022
helmutson wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Got a M1 too and have sometimes start hickups with bigger projects, thats a lilˋ bit annoying, maybe thats because its not a native M1 version !?
What I have is a few seconds of cracks when I just switched tasks with a big project (for example I go browsing reason talk and come back). I think it is because of the memory (I only have 8GB) and then it may be swapping on the SSD. But it is only a few seconds so it doesn't count as an annoyance.

With m1 version you surely can expect improvement and optimization and maybe also on memory allocation.

I was just saying VST3 is also important :-). Not saying better m1 support isn't...
:thumbs_up:

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 810
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 19 Jun 2022

Yeah well, the maths is pretty simply in this case. Everything that´s above 31$ you can buy via 29 forever everything below you can buy like it is or wait for a sale :-)

The new plugins I went for are Shadow Hills Class A Compressor, LISA, AMEK 200 EQ and Sculpt that would have usually sum up to 1426$. Like said, for 124$. (Not discussing wether they are worth the original price). From what I have experienced so far through testing and watching videos, they are of very good quality, a joy to work with, even though the UI of especially LISA can be a bit overwhelming :-D

I truely like the addition of additional Brainworx features to the devices (not Sculpt) like TMT (Tolerance Modeling Technology), Auto Listen, Stereowidth, Headroom, etc.

It´s been the first time I "significantly" bought into VST. So I wouldn´t have that many comparisons besides some free VST plugins from like Analog Obsession, Valhalla, Airwindows and some free Synth along additional free stuff from PA. Btw there is the Free Bundle at PA with some good sounding stuff in it :-D

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/brand/pa-free.html

Anyway, I feel like I got a pretty pleasant package for a pleasant price and can recommend anyone checking PA´s 29 forever and the mentioned devices out :-)


Edit: removed a left over line from writing.
Kalm wrote:
19 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
18 Jun 2022
What I don´t really get with Plugin Alliance´ sales model is, how they think someone might buy their still above 31$ plugins during the summersale while you can simply subsribe for a month with 29 forever (29,,99$) and receive a voucher that let´s you buy any of their plugins for 1$ leading to a sum of 30,99$ or 31$ rounded. Yes, the license is perpetual. You can have an arbitrary number of any time cancelable 29 forever subscriptions in parallel. They are basically saying "Hey during our summersale you can get a plugin for 149$ that usually costs 399$, yet you can get it for ~31$ all the time anyway. Unless somebody doesn´t know about 29forever how would one go for the higher price? And what´s the use of the summersale for products still being above 31$? Not complaining here, being happy, having 4 of the most expensive listed plugins gotten for 124$ altogether. Simply wondering what that is about.

I have a friend who takes advantage of that offer and I don’t? Idk I never actually cared to sit down and do the math lmao I just buy them when I think it’s a low enough price. I guess since the incentive to buy plugins at high value with low cost is there with a proven track record, people like buying into the culture more than the plugins… idk I’m just talking here
Last edited by moofi on 20 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tumar
Posts: 383
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
As I said above you can buy it on JRRShop with the code FORUM for $70
Code doesn't work. I purchased via JRRShop two days ago but didn't get licence yet.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2924
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 20 Jun 2022

Worked for me on 6.18
license no arrive yet. Not sure I can sit on this until R13 in 2027
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], huggermugger, NMHindman, Noiserunner and 4 guests