"Enabled" VST plugin missing from projects

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
spencer335

04 Jun 2022

Hi all -

Any help troubleshooting a new issue (for me), replicated on significant number of existing song files, each with many instances of Neutron 3 (and related lower footprint VSTs like Neutron Equalizer. Other Izotope products, like Nectar, appear to not be impacted).

The VST plugin is installed in a proper directory, listed as Enabled in the "Managed Plugins" window, and available to insert for new instances (though the "screenshot" image I'd saved is missing). However, I get a "Missing Plugin" error for any previously installed instances. When I open the project I get a "Missing VST Plugin. This song uses VST plugins that are not installed on this computer. The affected plugin rack devices have been switched off" error message.

I'm on the most recent version of Reason Suite 11.3, Windows 10. The only potentially relevant change made on my PC recently is that I installed a trial version of a Softube VST - I was opening a song to try the new VST and encountered this issue on the other tracks ...

I also checked a project mixed in Studio One and see no issue with Neutron 3.

Thanks!

jam-s

06 Jun 2022

Just a wild guess, but could an update of the izotope plugins have made some incompatible changes to the plugin name or version? Or might there be two different versions of those plugins installed in different paths which both get scanned by Reason?

spencer335

06 Jun 2022

jam-s wrote:
06 Jun 2022
Just a wild guess, but could an update of the izotope plugins have made some incompatible changes to the plugin name or version? Or might there be two different versions of those plugins installed in different paths which both get scanned by Reason?
Thanks for the brainstorm.

There are two Neutron3 DLL's in my folder (Neutron3 and izNeutron3), but it seems both have been there since 2020? Deleting one or the other doesn't seem to help matters.

spencer335

09 Jun 2022

Support is engaged on this. Are any kind souls with Reason 11 and Neutron 3 that would be willing to open a song file for me and see if you have the same problem?

• Information