When M1X native will be supported without Rosetta?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Molotovbeatz

27 May 2022

Hi Reason gang,

From March update, I can only see that Reason studio is compatible with M1X chip but with Rosetta.

Yeah sorry to say that but that's rosetta is a bottleneck of an extra blocker that would slow down the computer. So the question is if someone knows when M1X chip mac computers will run Reason studio as native without rosetta?

I hope they will consider to upgrade RE soon as native.

Nice productive weekend for all o/

robussc

27 May 2022

It’s coming by the end of the year apparently. I get some weird audio pops when running in Rosetta. I think it’s VSTs acting up, they’re generally way more CPU intensive than Reason itself.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

StephenHutchinson

28 May 2022

robussc wrote:
27 May 2022
It’s coming by the end of the year apparently. I get some weird audio pops when running in Rosetta. I think it’s VSTs acting up, they’re generally way more CPU intensive than Reason itself.
I can definitely concur that running various VSTs in Reason 12 under Rosetta cause popping and crackling. At first I though my audio settings were off but after trying a bunch of changes in buffer sizes, I've given up.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Grimlucky

28 May 2022

Reason as RRP is the only plugin that means I have to run Ableton in Rosetta mode, all my other plugins are now native M1 so I hope it's sooner than 6 months away.

• Information