Richard Barbieri is a Reason user!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robussc

27 May 2022

Was watching this and was nicely surprised to hear Richard say his laptop was running Reason. Haven’t finished it yet, so hopefully there is more later.

Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

Yeah! Years ago he provided some patches for the FSB too. (Btw does anyone know why Colin hasn’t returned on bass for the new Porcupine Tree album?)

robussc

27 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
27 May 2022
Yeah! Years ago he provided some patches for the FSB too.
Ah right, I’d forgotten that!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

strangers
Competition Winner

27 May 2022

Didn't expect to see Porcupine Tree pop up on here. Funny that I also randomly came across one of their latest songs yesterday after not having listened to them since Deadwing.

challism

28 May 2022

That's awesome. I love learning about professionals who use Reason. So many people like to discredit the DAW and call it a toy. I always hear people saying professionals don't use it, but the list of professionals who use it is growing longer and longer, especially with the introduction of RRP. Of course professionals use it. Why wouldn't they? It lends itself to creativity better than any other DAW I have seen.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Aosta

28 May 2022

Was a massive Japan fan growing up and still a huge David Sylvian fan! I still listen to both on a regular basis.
Good to know one of the former members uses Reason :thumbup:
To be honest I only focused on David after their break up so I need to catch up on what Richard has been up to, I'm sure I will love it, still one of my favourite Japan instrumentals is The Experience of Swimming.
Tend the flame

Heigen5

28 May 2022

Check this one by Crystal Method. Anyone recognize some of the samples used in this? :mrgreen:

Neo

28 May 2022

Richard-Barbieri-Porcupine-Tree-768x640.jpeg
Richard-Barbieri-Porcupine-Tree-768x640.jpeg (128.84 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

robussc

28 May 2022

Neo wrote:
28 May 2022
Richard-Barbieri-Porcupine-Tree-768x640.jpeg
Where’s the like button?! :)

jjpscott01

01 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
28 May 2022
That's awesome. I love learning about professionals who use Reason. So many people like to discredit the DAW and call it a toy. I always hear people saying professionals don't use it, but the list of professionals who use it is growing longer and longer, especially with the introduction of RRP. Of course professionals use it. Why wouldn't they? It lends itself to creativity better than any other DAW I have seen.
Well said. I love watching production videos online regardless of what DAW they are producing with and I'm actually super surprised with how many professional producers use Reason given that its a smaller company. Whether its full on production inside the DAW or just using the RRP, there are countless videos of producers who use Reason as their secret weapon. This video is a really cool find though as I use to love Porcupine Tree. I'll have to give this a watch
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 5 | CUBASE 13 | SSL2+ | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

DJMaytag

05 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
28 May 2022
but the list of professionals who use it is growing longer and longer, especially with the introduction of RRP. Of course professionals use it. Why wouldn't they? It lends itself to creativity better than any other DAW I have seen.
You might not see Reason running a recording session in a big 96+ track commercial recording studio, but I bet it’s popping up in more and more producers studios since RRP became a thing. Been seeing a lot of it on Instagram from following various Reason related hashtags.

• Information