A weird phenomena in the R12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

29 Apr 2022

So... If I don't have Voice Meeter on my CPU will be eaten out with only one Antidote synth in the rack. And I have a Mackie Producer 2x2 ASIO in use, not the Voice Meeter ASIO.
So Reason has kind of nothing to do with the Voice Meeter itself. And if I launch Voice Meeter then my CPU does just fine. Weird...
And my PC is 10 cored i9 @3,7Ghz - Turbo 5,3Ghz.
The Voice Meeter is a virtual routing/ASIO mixer - that lots of the people use to do Live shows/Screencaptures with a webcam etc. https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

I haven't tested yet, by uninstalling it, but yeah, why in the heck would Voice Meeter fix my performance in R12 - even if I don't have it's ASIO in use? :lol:

jam-s

29 Apr 2022

Looks like the other driver for the Mackie ASIO is having some trouble. You could try to re-install it.

Heigen5

30 Apr 2022

jam-s wrote:
29 Apr 2022
Looks like the other driver for the Mackie ASIO is having some trouble. You could try to re-install it.
I reinstalled the Mackie drivers and even unintalled the Voice Meeter too... didn't help to solve this.
So I ended resetting my Win10 and now the problem is gone. Thanks for trying to help! :cool:

jam-s

01 May 2022

Good you've got it working. So, I guess Windows got messed up with some of its drivers.

Heigen5

01 May 2022

jam-s wrote:
01 May 2022
Good you've got it working. So, I guess Windows got messed up with some of its drivers.
Probably yes, and resetting wasn't a problem as my personal files were safe. Had to reinstall all the software, but that's better than not being able to use Reason, hehe.

• Information