Unpacking Refills

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bak

04 Apr 2022

Hi everyone I was wondering if there is any way to unpack refills. I recently switched to Bitwig and
I want to get the wav files out of some of my refills. Is there any programs that can unpack refills. I don't always want to open reason rack to access some of my files. Any help is much appreciated, have a great day.

jam-s

04 Apr 2022

The has been some refill unpacker program, but I don't think it still works with newer Refill versions.

Also: viewtopic.php?t=7517466

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2022

bak wrote:
04 Apr 2022
Hi everyone I was wondering if there is any way to unpack refills. I recently switched to Bitwig and
I want to get the wav files out of some of my refills. Is there any programs that can unpack refills. I don't always want to open reason rack to access some of my files. Any help is much appreciated, have a great day.
There's no legal Refill unpacker.

But if you just want the waves, you can just drag them from the browser into your timeline, and then export them from there.

In "The Time Before", I would often open up a few patches, find sounds I like, and then just record them as waves. That gave me a fresh drum kit ...

I then ran the files through a batch renamer so that I could drag them onto my zip drive to load into the MPC. It was only last month that I finally deleted my old compilation of recorded drum hits.

jam-s

04 Apr 2022

avasopht wrote:
04 Apr 2022

At least in the EU reverse engineering (a file format) for interoperability reasons is explicitly legal, so I would not back that broad statement. Heck, it's even legal to decompile and patch software you've purchased a license to to bugfix it and no EULA can legally prohibit this.

mimidancer

04 Apr 2022

bak wrote:
04 Apr 2022
you can open them in a project that includes samples and then save them from the browser. hope you don't have many.

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2022

jam-s wrote:
04 Apr 2022
avasopht wrote:
04 Apr 2022

At least in the EU reverse engineering (a file format) for interoperability reasons is explicitly legal, so I would not back that broad statement. Heck, it's even legal to decompile and patch software you've purchased a license to to bugfix it and no EULA can legally prohibit this.
You are absolutey right. I must have bumped my head this morning

• Information