Cancelling My Reason+ Subscription Tomorrow (April 3rd, 2022) - Anything I Need to Know?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
StephenHutchinson

02 Apr 2022

Tomorrow I am cancelling my Reason+ subscription. I bought Reason 12 upgrade from the JRR Shop awhile ago and have the license in my Reason Studios account. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I need to know regarding possibly having to reinstall Reason 12 or whatnot. I'm assuming some people have gone through this process, so I am looking for some guidance, or information on possible issues (apart from losing some Reason+ REs, etc.

I assume also that the Reason+ Companion will disappear, so I'm not sure how I'll be able to install updates on various REs when the publishers roll them out. I assume through Authorizer but I'm not sure of the process. It's been a year since using the Reason+ Companion so I completely forget how updates were initiated. Any help in these regards is appreciated! :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Apr 2022

Nothing is needed. Companion becomes useless as it cannot login without subscription. You can uninstall it. Authorizer still works. Updates are initiated from "My Products" web page on Reason Studios site.

StephenHutchinson

02 Apr 2022

orthodox wrote:
02 Apr 2022
Nothing is needed. Companion becomes useless as it cannot login without subscription. You can uninstall it. Authorizer still works. Updates are initiated from "My Products" web page on Reason Studios site.
Thanks, Orthodox... much appreciated. :puf_smile:

sasasch

03 Apr 2022

I did it and have R12 upgraded from Reason 11 Suite.
One thing I have seen if i log in to R12 via Username and Password it seems to run the Subscription part ( my subscription runs until May ). I still have the Packs available.
If i run it from my authorized Stick with my R12 Lizence it is R12 without Packs. But it is the R12 same .exe file.

StephenHutchinson

04 Apr 2022

sasasch wrote:
03 Apr 2022
I did it and have R12 upgraded from Reason 11 Suite.
One thing I have seen if i log in to R12 via Username and Password it seems to run the Subscription part ( my subscription runs until May ). I still have the Packs available.
If i run it from my authorized Stick with my R12 Lizence it is R12 without Packs. But it is the R12 same .exe file.
Sasasch , that's great to know. My deprecation from Reason+ went without a hitch. The Sound Packs are still in place but I'd previously backed them up on an external drive. I still have the original Propellerheads Authorizer USB stick but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I had my Windows PC authorized from having to log in but recently I bought a rack extension and now I have to login. Small annoyance but what can you do.

An interesting tidbit... After I got the notice via email from Reason Studios that my R+ subscription was completely done with, I logged out of my Mac mini M1 and Windows PC and then logged in to make sure that it was just plain old Reason 12 (with the REs I had bought etc). I completely forgot about my MacBook Air which had an instance of Reason 12 open, and when I went to close it, I noticed that the Reason+ REs were still operable. So I guess, until you actually exit Reason, you could keep using the REs. I guess at some point you'd have to shut down or whatnot but that may be a bug someone should look into?

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
04 Apr 2022
An interesting tidbit... After I got the notice via email from Reason Studios that my R+ subscription was completely done with, I logged out of my Mac mini M1 and Windows PC and then logged in to make sure that it was just plain old Reason 12 (with the REs I had bought etc). I completely forgot about my MacBook Air which had an instance of Reason 12 open, and when I went to close it, I noticed that the Reason+ REs were still operable. So I guess, until you actually exit Reason, you could keep using the REs. I guess at some point you'd have to shut down or whatnot but that may be a bug someone should look into?
Not a bug. Either Reason has to regularly authorize during an active session, or it won't (and you'll be able to continue using it after you unsubscribe so long as you never close the window).

Italophile

04 Apr 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
04 Apr 2022
I had my Windows PC authorized from having to log in but recently I bought a rack extension and now I have to login. Small annoyance but what can you do.
If you buy a RE and just download it the Authorizer doesn’t work correctly. You need to log into your account on the website, go to the My Products(?) then Rack Extensions and click on Sync All. This ensures that the licenses are written correctly. Why it doesn’t work in the first place is beyond me.

StephenHutchinson

04 Apr 2022

Italophile wrote:
04 Apr 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
04 Apr 2022
I had my Windows PC authorized from having to log in but recently I bought a rack extension and now I have to login. Small annoyance but what can you do.
If you buy a RE and just download it the Authorizer doesn’t work correctly. You need to log into your account on the website, go to the My Products(?) then Rack Extensions and click on Sync All. This ensures that the licenses are written correctly. Why it doesn’t work in the first place is beyond me.
Thanks for the heads up. That is weird, I'll definitely keep this in mind, and thanks so much. :puf_smile:

• Information