Need Help with Recording Guitar on Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jbz76

27 Mar 2022

I've run into a problem with Reason while recording my Guitar. I can't seem to have guitar effects active without also having to hit record first for the effects to be active. Is there a way to keep this from happening? With FL studio this isn't a problem at all, We can record multiple instruments at a time with each having their own effects running so it's making me curious if I am doing something wrong because once we hit record to activate the effects in reason it's preventing us from doing anything else.. I appreciate any help

chimp_spanner

28 Mar 2022

jbz76 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
I've run into a problem with Reason while recording my Guitar. I can't seem to have guitar effects active without also having to hit record first for the effects to be active. Is there a way to keep this from happening? With FL studio this isn't a problem at all, We can record multiple instruments at a time with each having their own effects running so it's making me curious if I am doing something wrong because once we hit record to activate the effects in reason it's preventing us from doing anything else.. I appreciate any help
To hear effects you only need to have Monitor (the speaker icon) active. By default this is tied to record status, but you can change this in audio preferences, by changing the monitoring type to "Manual". This means you can record enable a track without hearing it, or hear it without record enabling it.

You can also enable Manual Record (at the top of the track list) to disable the default behaviour of the selected track being armed. Then you can just enable whichever tracks you want to record, while hearing their effects (if their monitor status is active).

jbz76

28 Mar 2022

@ chimp_spanner ... Thank You for the help! Kudos Bro

chimp_spanner

29 Mar 2022

jbz76 wrote:
28 Mar 2022
@ chimp_spanner ... Thank You for the help! Kudos Bro
No worries :) Have fun!

• Information