Bassline Generator Graphic Corrupted?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
cincyjack

25 Mar 2022

Bassline Generator is missing graphical elements since the latest update. Both plugin and standalone versions.
I seem to be alone with this issue.
No idea of the issue.
Everyone else good?
Reason 12.2.5
I7, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5600

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2022

Can you try uninstalling and reinstall BLG, see if that fixes it and report back?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

buddard
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

I ran it in the latest version today, and it looked great (Monterey 12.3, MBP 16” M1 Max)!

Could you post a screenshot of the corrupted graphics you’re seeing?
Also, what’s your operating system/version and which graphics card do you have?

cincyjack

26 Mar 2022

Looks the same after reinstalling BG.
buddard wrote:
25 Mar 2022
I ran it in the latest version today, and it looked great (Monterey 12.3, MBP 16” M1 Max)!

2022-03-26_15-51-23.png
2022-03-26_15-51-23.png (174.68 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
Last edited by cincyjack on 26 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 12.2.5
Radeon HD 5600

cincyjack

26 Mar 2022

buddard wrote:
25 Mar 2022

2022-03-26_15-51-23.png
2022-03-26_15-51-23.png (174.68 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Reason 12.2.5
Radeon HD 5600

buddard
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Thanks!

Wow, that looks very strange, indeed! It seems that it doesn't want to draw any "multi-lines" or regular lines with rounded edges.

How does Beat Map look for you?

Billy+

26 Mar 2022

R12 developers fix one bug but another bug pops up :lol:
Last edited by Billy+ on 26 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

cincyjack

26 Mar 2022

Beat Map OK.
Pattern Mutator also missing graphics.
worked priot to update.
Very weird.
buddard wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Thanks!

Wow, that looks very strange, indeed! It seems that it doesn't want to draw any "multi-lines" or regular lines with rounded edges.

Reason 12.2.5
Radeon HD 5600

buddard
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Earlier I didn't realise that you already had your system specs listed in your signature -- My bad.

I looked up your graphics card, and it seems that it's over 10 years old, and that the latest driver was released around 2015(?).
Reason has drastically improved the drawing performance in the latest update, and it's possible that they're using some newer graphics features to accomplish that -- And those features might not be 100% supported by older graphics drivers. (Purely speculation on my part)

But if it was a driver issue I'd guess that Beat Map would exhibit similar problems...

jack type

26 Mar 2022

cincyjack wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Beat Map OK.
worked priot to update.
Very weird.
buddard wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Thanks!

Looks similar to the problem I'm having with Europa and many other devices. Things we have in common: Win 10 & Radeon HD graphics
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

Dosenhirn

27 Mar 2022

buddard wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Earlier I didn't realise that you already had your system specs listed in your signature -- My bad.

I looked up your graphics card, and it seems that it's over 10 years old, and that the latest driver was released around 2015(?).
Reason has drastically improved the drawing performance in the latest update, and it's possible that they're using some newer graphics features to accomplish that -- And those features might not be 100% supported by older graphics drivers. (Purely speculation on my part)

But if it was a driver issue I'd guess that Beat Map would exhibit similar problems...
I dont have bass line generator to confirm i have the same bug, but i have the same things happening jack speaks about and a radeon hd too.
I think Beatmap lost some buttons in the update, hope it is visible in the picture.
Attachments
reason12bugs.JPG
reason12bugs.JPG (307.24 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

cincyjack

27 Mar 2022

Thanks for confirmation.
My rig is getting long in the tooth, but all was well prior to latest Reason update.
This is unfortunate.
Doubt if developers these days would account for 10-year-old hardware.
Time marches on.
Gonna need to find some green fun tickets to step back up.
jack type wrote:
26 Mar 2022
cincyjack wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Beat Map OK.
worked priot to update.
Very weird.

Looks similar to the problem I'm having with Europa and many other devices. Things we have in common: Win 10 & Radeon HD graphics
Reason 12.2.5
Radeon HD 5600

jack type

27 Mar 2022

Dosenhirn wrote:
27 Mar 2022
buddard wrote:
26 Mar 2022

I dont have bass line generator to confirm i have the same bug, but i have the same things happening jack speaks about and a radeon hd too.
I think Beatmap lost some buttons in the update, hope it is visible in the picture.
Yes, your picture of Europa looks exactly like mine. At least it appears we're narrowing the problem down to the graphics card series and/or driver. It will probably make it easier for Reason Studios to pinpoint what the exact problem is. I will create a support ticket with this info.

jack type

27 Mar 2022

cincyjack wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Thanks for confirmation.
My rig is getting long in the tooth, but all was well prior to latest Reason update.
This is unfortunate.
Time marches on.
jack type wrote:
26 Mar 2022

These cards are not that old AFAIK, I bought 2 of these brand new in 2017. I knew back then when I was building my new PC that they were fairly low-end cards but I opted for them because I needed to drive 2 LCD VGA monitors, and VGA ports on higher performing cards were becoming rarer. I made this build for audio work only and as such I knew I would't be missing much by choosing a lower end card, It saved me money for other computer parts and I'm yet to have any problem with them regarding other audio software. The thing is, if from now on Reason becomes incompatible with these cards, not only do I need to replace my two Radeon HD graphic cards but also my two perfectly working LCD Monitors. Ouch! I Probably won't update Reason anymore... :)

kitekrazy

27 Mar 2022

cincyjack wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Thanks for confirmation.
This is unfortunate.
Time marches on.
jack type wrote:
26 Mar 2022

Doesn't your i7 have a graphics port? You could try that. Also try decreasing Windows to 75%. Replacing a video card would be the last option I would want since they are overpriced.
I have a system that still runs a 9800GT, I will check if issues like these are due to age.

buddard
RE Developer

27 Mar 2022

Dosenhirn wrote:
27 Mar 2022
buddard wrote:
26 Mar 2022

Yes, Beat Map seems to be corrupt in exactly the same way, most of the buttons are missing.

So I'd say that it's likely a driver compatibility issue. :(

chrischrischris

27 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
27 Mar 2022
cincyjack wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Thanks for confirmation.
This is unfortunate.
Time marches on.

These cards are not that old AFAIK, I bought 2 of these brand new in 2017. I knew back then when I was building my new PC that they were fairly low-end cards but I opted for them because I needed to drive 2 LCD VGA monitors, and VGA ports on higher performing cards were becoming rarer. I made this build for audio work only and as such I knew I would't be missing much by choosing a lower end card, It saved me money for other computer parts and I'm yet to have any problem with them regarding other audio software. The thing is, if from now on Reason becomes incompatible with these cards, not only do I need to replace my two Radeon HD graphic cards but also my two perfectly working LCD Monitors. Ouch! I Probably won't update Reason anymore... :)
hi

Is your issue similar to the issues that I have displayed on page 1 of The 12.2.5 thread?

If so I may have a temporary solution. I am also waiting for a reply from reason! They sent A Message oin Thursday saying that Graphics must be capable of at least Open GL 4.1. For the record I use An R5200 which has GL 4.5!

I would love to know if this works for you as I susspect A Reason error rather that graphics driver.

Go to device manager

find graphics card

Update graphics card

Let Me Pick

Microsoft basic display adapter

then, and only then once it is installed the driver open reason. Display should be as expected.

Once reason has fully opened then repeat the steps above only allow windows to automatically find the best driver and it will update to The actual graphics card driver.

Unfortunately you have to repeat this process each time you reopen reason but apart from the odd hardware exception it is pretty stable.

Chris

cincyjack

28 Mar 2022

Swapping in the Microsoft driver did indeed fix the issue.
Thanks.
Are we saying here the older radeons do not support Open GL 4.1?
Hmmmmm....
Prob not gonna install a new card just for reason issues in my old tower.

chrischrischris wrote:
27 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
27 Mar 2022

hi

Is your issue similar to the issues that I have displayed on page 1 of The 12.2.5 thread?

If so I may have a temporary solution. I am also waiting for a reply from reason! They sent A Message oin Thursday saying that Graphics must be capable of at least Open GL 4.1. For the record I use An R5200 which has GL 4.5!

I would love to know if this works for you as I susspect A Reason error rather that graphics driver.

Go to device manager

find graphics card

Update graphics card

Let Me Pick

then, and only then once it is installed the driver open reason. Display should be as expected.

Once reason has fully opened then repeat the steps above only allow windows to automatically find the best driver and it will update to The actual graphics card driver.

Unfortunately you have to repeat this process each time you reopen reason but apart from the odd hardware exception it is pretty stable.

Chris
Reason 12.2.5
Radeon HD 5600

chrischrischris

28 Mar 2022

cincyjack wrote:
28 Mar 2022
Swapping in the Microsoft driver did indeed fix the issue.
Thanks.
Are we saying here the older radeons do not support Open GL 4.1?
Hmmmmm....
Prob not gonna install a new card just for reason issues in my old tower.
chrischrischris wrote:
27 Mar 2022

hi

Go to device manager

find graphics card

Update graphics card

Let Me Pick

Chris
interesting interesting!

Well, I am certainly not going to buy a 5600 to fix the issue!

I am not sure how any of this works so reason studios need to step up and offer some insights

however, to give my own Un - educated to Pence I would suggest that it can’t be the graphics card itself because simply using a different driver with the same graphics card i.e. the windows driver fixes the issue.

It does suggest that it could be either a driver issue or The fact that reason does not communicate correctly with Radeon graphics card drivers which essentially would be fixable I would think.

I do know for a fact or at least according to the software that I have used to detect the graphics cards are capable of open GL 4.5 and reason requires open GL 4.1.

Open GL only came up through a reason Studios employee asking via email.

There was somebody who reported none of these issues that has a Radeon five 800 either in this forum or on The Beta.

Chris

• Information