Shortcuts for rec and monitor

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pepe444

23 Mar 2022

Hi everyone. Im using Reason 11.3, windows 10.

Im trying to build a template for live performance in Reason and would lile to know if its possible to assign a shortcut key (or midi map :thumbup: ) for REC track , input monitor and quantize.
I dont want to use the automatic monitoring because i set two input tracks for CUE , i just need to rec when im ready . As you can see the top tracks are always in monitoring mode.
Is it possible?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-23 164621.png
Screenshot 2022-03-23 164621.png (94.09 KiB) Viewed 822 times

pepe444

20 Jul 2022

Its been a while. I guess there is no way to customize shortcuts for this task.

djsmex

22 Jul 2022

You can midi map the track monitor and quantize (toggle) in Remote using the document scope. However, there is no remote item for the track arm record instead tracks are armed as they get midi focus and unarmed when not in focus as you select tracks. There is remote items for record automation again in document scope.

selig
RE Developer

23 Jul 2022

djsmex wrote:
22 Jul 2022
You can midi map the track monitor and quantize (toggle) in Remote using the document scope. However, there is no remote item for the track arm record instead tracks are armed as they get midi focus and unarmed when not in focus as you select tracks. There is remote items for record automation again in document scope.
If you use Manual Record tracks are not armed as you select them (not sure it’s useful here, but is good to know), but as you say there is no way to arm selected tracks for recording audio (and yet, there IS a way to arm selected track for recording automation…).
[EDIT: there IS a way to monitor enable the current track, so that’s half the battle, though maybe not the most important half]
Selig Audio, LLC

djsmex

24 Jul 2022

I hope RS will give Remote some much requested attention, add new remote items like arm rec, select/mute/solo note lanes, browser panel, toolbar, tool window etc.
Remote is how I access most of reason, as screen reader support is almost none in v12.

• Information