Reason 12.2.5 Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

24 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
24 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Based on this thread it seems that I'm having an opposite experience than most with this update. The previous version was working quite well for me (12.2.4) despite an annoying and persisting bug in the RRP that I'm hoping it gets fixed some day.

Now Europa, Expanse, Complex-1 and other devices (Stock/RE) lack visual elements, from waveforms to filters and envelopes.
On the back of the rack while moving a cable its width intermittently changes from normal to a very "skinny" version, and some cables just remain skinny after being connected.

Europa.png
Cables.png
This would be interesting to have a closer look at. Are you a beta tester, or have you reported this to our Tech Support?
Would be a help if you reported this as a bug in the beta program, that way it will have a faster lane to our devs.

If you haven't signed up already, please do.

Sign-up: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Get beta: https://reasonbeta.reasonstudios.com/

This goes for anyone who finds bug in Reason 12.2.5.

Thanks!
Hi

Not had a reply to the bug that I reported on page one of this thread

Already filed a report on The Beta not had a reply for that yet either.

Thanks

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I have never before now experienced any issues with reason. Now I get "unknown exception" all the time. Though I am a proficient user I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. FML.
This is why I keep reminding people complaining about RS focusing on bugs how important those bugs are. It was just a few days ago I pointed out that those bugs could start to impact users who had no issues before.

moneykube

24 Mar 2022

avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I have never before now experienced any issues with reason. Now I get "unknown exception" all the time. Though I am a proficient user I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. FML.
This is why I keep reminding people complaining about RS focusing on bugs how important those bugs are. It was just a few days ago I pointed out that those bugs could start to impact users who had no issues before.
and why I waited for what I thought would be a few minor bugs before considering purchasing...I saw it coming... bugs bugs bugs... I feel bad for the users that jumped on the train at the start of 12... but I did warn the group here and my fellow band mate ... few listened including my band mate... now he is pissed off... surprise>>> well not really... all shiny and new is not always the best... some antiques run better then newer models
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

moneykube wrote:
24 Mar 2022
and why I waited for what I thought would be a few minor bugs before considering purchasing...I saw it coming... bugs bugs bugs... I feel bad for the users that jumped on the train at the start of 12... but I did warn the group here and my fellow band mate ... few listened including my band mate... now he is pissed off... surprise>>> well not really... all shiny and new is not always the best... some antiques run better then newer models
I said this the moment I saw the bug reports.

I was being quite optimistic when I said we might see a fix around January. Either way, this type of bug is pretty elusive.

jack type

24 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
24 Mar 2022

This would be interesting to have a closer look at. Are you a beta tester, or have you reported this to our Tech Support?
Would be a help if you reported this as a bug in the beta program, that way it will have a faster lane to our devs.

Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not interested in beta testing, but I can sign up just to make the report. I prefer to wait for stable releases since I use the software for work. I even avoid updates where I don't see an immediate benefit. I made this update in hopes that another bug I'm facing would be fixed. For the report, wich way is advisable? The beta program or reaching to tech support? Both?
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

scotward57

24 Mar 2022

When I saw the Reason 12.2.5 update getting mentioned on some tech blogs, I wondered just how is it that Reason gets so much attention over so little. I guess the music software community will always have a soft spot for Reason and its pioneer status. But I also get the frustration over the sllllooooowwwww pace meaningful features get released and how a big deal gets made over every little advancement. So weird.

BRIGGS

24 Mar 2022

It's an improvement, but a few of my vsts no worky. : (

Maybe next update. Back to 11 now.

What happened to curved automation for everything? Audio clips still have the same boring straight line.
r11s

jack type

24 Mar 2022

moneykube wrote:
24 Mar 2022
avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2022

Probably many simply trusted Reason Studios/Propellerheads given their track record for stable software. Others like me may have been "forced" to update before the price hike. I was on Reason 10 and since Reason is not my primary DAW (I barely use the sequencer and much less the mixing board) I saw an opportunity to ditch rewire and replace it with the RRP. I skipped 11 because I did not see enough value and was waiting for the next release. By the time Reason 12 was released I only saw two choices: Update to Reason 12 before the price increase, despite the existing bugs, or buy a license for Reason 11 Suite (I think it was the only one available at retailers at the time) which would actually be more expensive to me than the update to 12, since I own much of the relevant content of Suite. I didn't like the price increase at all, starting to charge more for a software that is performing worse is a pretty bad move, I'm fine with the price increase but that timing... If it wasn't for the need to add the RRP to make my workflow better, I sure would have waited or even skipped 12. I could have lived without the new features of 12. The most important thing for me is stability. What would be great is if Reason Studios provided links to all the previous versions. If I own Reason 12 why can't I download and use Reason 11? I would still consider using 11 for now while waiting for this version to become rock solid. I think this option could make me and other users happier.

supersmarter

25 Mar 2022

It's a big improvement in redrawing speed and overall really good work (browser saves finally). Thank you RS :clap:

I am starting to experience "unknown exception" which I never had before but I get it - it's a lot of work and a big update. I see that you updated many things so probably some bug slipped. But I am confident you will work it out.

I am ok with everything because it seems RS is getting their act together when it comes to polishing R12. I understand someone being depressed about this update however in my view it's fine work considering the direction and all the things which are (or are supposed to be) fixed.

Bravo good work and have a great weekend.

loui
Reason Studios

25 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Is this in 12.2.5? Have you reported it to us? If not, please do.
Here are links to the beta. Very helpful for us if you could reproduce in a logging beta. It can be installed in parallell with your Reason 12.2.5.

mimidancer

25 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
25 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Here are links to the beta. Very helpful for us if you could reproduce in a logging beta. It can be installed in parallell with your Reason 12.2.5.

Sorry, I should have posted a followed-up. My husband removed Reason and reinstalled it and the issue was gone. He said something may have gone wrong during the DL and install I did. I would delete the post but I am not allowed to do that. Thanks for the follow-up. That is good service.

loui
Reason Studios

25 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
25 Mar 2022
loui wrote:
25 Mar 2022

Sorry, I should have posted a followed-up. My husband removed Reason and reinstalled it and the issue was gone. He said something may have gone wrong during the DL and install I did. I would delete the post but I am not allowed to do that. Thanks for the follow-up. That is good service.
That's great feedback, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Arrant
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2022

Good update, but I'm seeing some new flickering in the sequencer on playback, anyone else get this?
It seems to be the black outlines of clips on multiple tracks. No flickering when stopped, only on playback. not too noticeable, but a bit distracting.

plaamook

25 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022
loui wrote:
24 Mar 2022

Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not interested in beta testing, but I can sign up just to make the report. I prefer to wait for stable releases since I use the software for work. I even avoid updates where I don't see an immediate benefit. I made this update in hopes that another bug I'm facing would be fixed. For the report, wich way is advisable? The beta program or reaching to tech support? Both?
If you sign up you’ll get access to the reason version w logging code. It runs quite slow but produces logs they can use to pin point problems.
You don’t need to work in that version but if you find a bug that can be reproduced you reproduce it in the logging version and send them the logs.
You do t need to test new versions as such. I don’t.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Chi-Individual

25 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022

.What would be great is if Reason Studios provided links to all the previous versions. If I own Reason 12 why can't I download and use Reason 11? I would still consider using 11 for now while waiting for this version to become rock solid. I think this option could make me and other users happier.
There is a pinned link to download older versions of Reason. Have you tried any of the R11 links with your license? Don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Higher licenses should open previous versions I would think. I may be wrong.

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2022

Chi-Individual wrote:
25 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022

.What would be great is if Reason Studios provided links to all the previous versions. If I own Reason 12 why can't I download and use Reason 11? I would still consider using 11 for now while waiting for this version to become rock solid. I think this option could make me and other users happier.
There is a pinned link to download older versions of Reason. Have you tried any of the R11 links with your license? Don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Higher licenses should open previous versions I would think. I may be wrong.
It doesn't work like that

joeyluck

25 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Like all other beta testers, I run Reason stable and the beta. The beta doesn't overwrite the stable version. So you can still use the stable version for work. When I encounter an issue, I launch the beta, reproduce the issue, then send them the log file.

jack type

25 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Like all other beta testers, I run Reason stable and the beta. The beta doesn't overwrite the stable version. So you can still use the stable version for work. When I encounter an issue, I launch the beta, reproduce the issue, then send them the log file.
That's good to know, but I'm still not too sure if both RRP plugin versions can co-exist. I'll try the beta either way since this last update made Reason unusable for me and I will have to revert.

jack type

25 Mar 2022

Chi-Individual wrote:
25 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022

I've not tried yet, but I don't think it works since I don't have a license for Reason 11 on my account. This will probably be checked by the online/offline authentication methods which is bummer, why not having a license for every previous version from the current one owned on every user account, I mean, the updates to Reason are incremental and you have already paid for every stock device and feature present on the previous version so I don't think it would be much of a problem. This is just a suggestion though, having this option would have saved me some headaches and could be a great solution for other users that are also experiencing issues with 12. Answering my own question maybe this wasn't implemented because It was never needed till this release. :)

npinero1

26 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2022
jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I did not know this. I would be willing to beta test on my new MacBook Pro M1 Pro.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

joeyluck

26 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
25 Mar 2022
joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2022

That's good to know, but I'm still not too sure if both RRP plugin versions can co-exist. I'll try the beta either way since this last update made Reason unusable for me and I will have to revert.
Good point. No you can't install both the stable and beta RRP, but you do have the option to not install the RRP when installing the beta.

If your issues are with the RRP specifically, you can make a backup of the stable RRP and simply exchange the stable and beta versions in the VST3 folder as needed (to avoid reinstall process).

For standalone though, there are no issues with having both stable and beta installed.

friday

26 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
24 Mar 2022
... starting to charge more for a software that is performing worse is a pretty bad move, I'm fine with the price increase but that timing...
+1

still on 11, still a creative environment...

I have to say thanks to all the 12 adaptors that report all this bugs, only because of your infos here in the forum, I will find the right time to update...

supersmarter

26 Mar 2022

There's funny bug which I experience only after I updated to 12.2.5 - I call it dancing rack :)

Was playing with Reason today and was thinking something like "wait I am not drunk yet...what is happening with my eyesight"...

See my GIF screenshot. Rack is dancing on itself. Right side of it. See my mouse pointer and then look at the rack closely. It is dancing up and down. No I am not moving it, it moves itself. Cool haha
dancing_rack.gif
dancing_rack.gif (674.75 KiB) Viewed 2170 times

Loque

26 Mar 2022

supersmarter wrote:
26 Mar 2022
There's funny bug which I experience only after I updated to 12.2.5 - I call it dancing rack :)

Was playing with Reason today and was thinking something like "wait I am not drunk yet...what is happening with my eyesight"...

See my GIF screenshot. Rack is dancing on itself. Right side of it. See my mouse pointer and then look at the rack closely. It is dancing up and down. No I am not moving it, it moves itself. Cool haha

dancing_rack.gif
If the bass is too loud, the rack starts shaking. That's just realistic 💯
Reason12, Win10

orthodox
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
26 Mar 2022
If the bass is too loud, the rack starts shaking. That's just realistic 💯
They should just bolt it down tighter to the floor.

• Information