Reason 12.2.5 Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kb420

22 Mar 2022

Well, this may not seem like a big deal to many, but this is the FIRST update for Reason 12 that installed smoothly with no issues. So far, all of the other updates for Reason 12 would give me a bunch of errors on the install which then forced me to uninstall the entire program, reboot my pc, and do a clean install of the newest version. This install was completely smooth with no issues at all. Kudos to Reason Studios for that!!!! I'm impressed.
Sooooooooo,  you shut down the forums?  Bad move Props!!!!!

nastasiya09

23 Mar 2022

i think new version is really good myfiosgateway.one
mobdro
Last edited by nastasiya09 on 06 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

polysix

23 Mar 2022

I'm happy for the controller fix. On my nektar p4 the readrum sequencer works again (but sounds are not map to the drum pads of p4?)
But in Thor Sequencer it seems the bug isn't fixed. I do must select and deselect the buttons for the first time.

polysix

23 Mar 2022

I'm happy for the controller fix. On my nektar p4 the readrum sequencer works again (but sounds are not map to the drum pads of p4?)
But in Thor Sequencer it seems the bug isn't fixed. I do must select and deselect the buttons for the first time.

electrofux

23 Mar 2022

Puh, that was hard work to get the controller issue "fixed". Had to communicate with loads of people to get them in the right direction. It is nearly fixed and as good as it can get i guess. Buttons work again. Only some controls with a low number of values (eg a filtertype selector) can cause troubles if the codec relies on exact values because of the new scaling. Codecs that rely on fixed values (there shouldnt be alot of codecs that do that) might need a new "calibration" of values but at least all buttons work again correctly - as far as i can tell after the first tests.

polysix

23 Mar 2022

electrofux wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Puh, that was hard work to get the controller issue "fixed". Had to communicate with loads of people to get them in the right direction. It is nearly fixed and as good as it can get i guess. Buttons work again. Only some controls with a low number of values (eg a filtertype selector) can cause troubles if the codec relies on exact values because of the new scaling. Codecs that rely on fixed values (there shouldnt be alot of codecs that do that) might need a new "calibration" of values but at least all buttons work again correctly - as far as i can tell after the first tests.
Ohhh I'm sorry. I'm so happy for this stage. The readrum fix is a goldmine. The rest is a nice to have. Fine that the p4 works much more better than in the last year... Thanks for your work :thumbs_up:

chimp_spanner

23 Mar 2022

Worked some very long sessions with it, definitely the smoothest it's been so far. Felt like being on R11 again.

loui
Reason Studios

23 Mar 2022

plaamook wrote:
21 Mar 2022
the main bugs my end still aren't getting addressed. Like crashing Mimic with large files
Would that be the "Mimic Long Sample Bug" you reported to Tech Support some time ago?

plaamook

23 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
23 Mar 2022
plaamook wrote:
21 Mar 2022
the main bugs my end still aren't getting addressed. Like crashing Mimic with large files
Would that be the "Mimic Long Sample Bug" you reported to Tech Support some time ago?
Why, yes! It would!
If fact I think it might be more to do w file size.
Have you got good news?!!!
(Tail wagging...!)
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

loui
Reason Studios

23 Mar 2022

plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022
loui wrote:
23 Mar 2022

Why, yes! It would!
(Tail wagging...!)
I replied to your Support ticket :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
23 Mar 2022
plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022

Why, yes! It would!
(Tail wagging...!)
I replied to your Support ticket :thumbup:
Tell us what the reply was.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

23 Mar 2022

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Reason Studios Product Support wrote: Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Reason Studios AB, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it should not be posted online or otherwise used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2022

orthodox wrote:
23 Mar 2022
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Reason Studios Product Support wrote: Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Reason Studios AB, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it should not be posted online or otherwise used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
I meant Loui
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

23 Mar 2022

He told me via PM that everything is going amazingly well and that after they sort out all the hi res junk, M1, and VST3 they're planning a point update wherein they're planning to overhaul the sequencer! Markers, zoom, you name it! They're even integrating all the various stretch algorithms INCLUDING TAPE STRETCH into the sequencer!!! And of course the Mimic fix.

But I think he was just kidding.
I certainly am.

Or here.

orthodox
RE Developer

23 Mar 2022

plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022
He told me via PM that everything is going amazingly well and that after they sort out all the hi res junk, M1, and VST3 they're planning a point update wherein they're planning to overhaul the sequencer! Markers, zoom, you name it! They're even integrating all the various stretch algorithms INCLUDING TAPE STRETCH into the sequencer!!! And of course the Mimic fix.

I certainly am.
Why not? It sounds very convincing.

plaamook

23 Mar 2022

orthodox wrote:
23 Mar 2022
plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022

I certainly am.
Well, because I was actually kidding.

Or here.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2022

orthodox wrote:
23 Mar 2022
plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022

I certainly am.
Absolutely. They told me back at R10 that they’d fix the browser fold bug. And you know what? They did it.

🤦‍♂️ woohoo!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jagwah

23 Mar 2022

plaamook wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Well, because I was actually kidding.
Good one!

jack type

23 Mar 2022

Based on this thread it seems that I'm having an opposite experience than most with this update. The previous version was working quite well for me (12.2.4) despite an annoying and persisting bug in the RRP that I'm hoping it gets fixed some day.

Now Europa, Expanse, Complex-1 and other devices (Stock/RE) lack visual elements, from waveforms to filters and envelopes.
On the back of the rack while moving a cable its width intermittently changes from normal to a very "skinny" version, and some cables just remain skinny after being connected.
Europa.png
Europa.png (410.19 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
Cables.png
Cables.png (619.67 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
This update made the software unusable for me, so I will probably revert back to the previous version. I generally update within reason because it's faster and has a smaller download size, but I also tried to uninstall and install the full version and cleaning the graphics cache to no avail.

This is my first post. I've been following this forum for a while, and It seemed it was time for me to create an account and post this, even if just to vent. :)
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

Przemyslaw

23 Mar 2022

Tinnitus wrote:
21 Mar 2022
2 bugs I have not seen before when using 12.4.x:

BUG REPORT: Right clicking on a sample and then not selecting anything from the menu by clicking off onto the sequencer behind, gives an error.
I think this is a good update, happy to work in R12 now. 2 bugs I found. One as Tinnitus said above. Second when move the view of the mixer channels horizontally (mixer on another monitor) - before update grafics were slow and sluggish on mixer but now it's good and accurate but move view is problematic, not working correct - but it's ok when sliding with combination Shift + mouse wheel.

orthodox
RE Developer

23 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
23 Mar 2022
On the back of the rack while moving a cable its width intermittently changes from normal to a very "skinny" version, and some cables just remain skinny after being connected.
Do you have "Options / Reduce Cable Clutter" enabled?

jack type

23 Mar 2022

I hadn't that option enabled, but the difference is that instead of just dimming the cables as per usual now they simply disappear. Reason is probably making the anomalous 1px wide cables even skinnier. :)
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

loui
Reason Studios

24 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Based on this thread it seems that I'm having an opposite experience than most with this update. The previous version was working quite well for me (12.2.4) despite an annoying and persisting bug in the RRP that I'm hoping it gets fixed some day.

Now Europa, Expanse, Complex-1 and other devices (Stock/RE) lack visual elements, from waveforms to filters and envelopes.

Europa.png
Cables.png
This would be interesting to have a closer look at. Are you a beta tester, or have you reported this to our Tech Support?
Would be a help if you reported this as a bug in the beta program, that way it will have a faster lane to our devs.

If you haven't signed up already, please do.

Sign-up: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Get beta: https://reasonbeta.reasonstudios.com/

This goes for anyone who finds bug in Reason 12.2.5.

Thanks!
Last edited by loui on 24 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

challism

24 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
23 Mar 2022
I tested those devices inthe latest update and cant reproduce it. Definitely contact support and open a ticket. They may need you to send them the Reason log files.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mimidancer

24 Mar 2022

I have never before now experienced any issues with reason. Now I get "unknown exception" all the time. Though I am a proficient user I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. FML.

• Information