Reason 12.2.5 Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
decoder

03 Apr 2022

Cannot open Reason 12.5 due to an "unexpected hardware error." Anyone else getting this?
Apologies if this has already been brought up... Even before this it wasn't running right since the 12.5 update.

I'm running Windows 10 on a HP pavilion dv7 with Intel i5 if that helps.

Catblack

03 Apr 2022

I'm still super sad you can't open sf2 files anymore. Did a search and realized I used them plenty -- and even in some tracks.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

jam-s

03 Apr 2022

Catblack wrote:
03 Apr 2022
I'm still super sad you can't open sf2 files anymore. Did a search and realized I used them plenty -- and even in some tracks.
This should have been fixed according to the release notes, iIrc (or at least it was acknowledged as a regression).

Catblack

03 Apr 2022

jam-s wrote:
03 Apr 2022
Catblack wrote:
03 Apr 2022
This should have been fixed according to the release notes, iIrc (or at least it was acknowledged as a regression).

EDIT: I have found that you can open them, but you can't drag and drop them which I think you used to be able to do. You have to use the browser in reason. At least I can drag and drop the sf2 to the browser and see it.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

illlumen

04 Apr 2022

orthodox wrote:
30 Mar 2022
illlumen wrote:
30 Mar 2022
I'm still on R10. Are there any real benefits in upgrading? Ever since R12 was released most of the things I've read here sounded like bugs fixed that got introduced with R12. Don’t need hi res, maybe faster overall performance, but it sounds like R12 even needs more CPU anyways. How’s your experience here?
It was worth it for me. Now I can't imagine I would ever go back to R10. I don't use hi-res, all my displays are plain FullHD. The R12 performance seems to be almost the same as R10. They say that the GUI performance is even better for rack devices.
You can read Release Notes for each version, maybe you'll find something useful for you.
Thanks for your feedback. I have been following the Release notes closely. Unfortunately I can't tell what actually feels/runs better for you with R12. So what would be the benefit for me when not in need for those graphics upgrade?
I've been demoing R11 and R12 but it didn't feel much like an improvement worth the money. But maybe I didn't look close enough. That's why I initially wrote this post.

reasonwhy

14 Apr 2022

I've noticed a flickering white line (1px) on the right side of each mixer channel. It flickers when I move the mouse.

Also, the thumbnails/photos of VSTs are flickering in the rack. I'm on Windows 11 with an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU and a Nvidia RTX 3070 GPU.

I'm pretty sure this was not there before the update and I haven't noticed any one else writing about flickering white lines.
white_line.png
white_line.png (127.82 KiB) Viewed 2759 times

reasonwhy

15 Apr 2022

When I use the "Cut" tool on audio, I get these strange artifacts on screen:
bug3.png
bug3.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
Also, I've noticed several graphical "glitches", like strange "artifacts", bad alignment and text that is difficult to read (like on Complex-1).

Does anyone get these as well? I'm on a Windows 11 PC with a Ryzen 7 CPU and an Nvidia RTX 3070 GPU.
bug2.png
bug2.png (16.82 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
bug4.png
bug4.png (496.1 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

reasonwhy

15 Apr 2022

Here are some more screenshots related to the previous post:
bug5.png
bug5.png (104.08 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
bug6.png
bug6.png (195.54 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
Are the blurry LEDS supposed to be like that? They have been like that since first version of Reason 12.

All screen shots are taken in 100% zoom.

orthodox
RE Developer

15 Apr 2022

reasonwhy wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Hmm, they appear to be 160%. Or the resolution is induced by the per-monitor OS settings.

This is 100%:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (117.89 KiB) Viewed 2657 times

reasonwhy

15 Apr 2022

orthodox wrote:
15 Apr 2022
reasonwhy wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Hmm, they appear to be 160%. Or the resolution is induced by the per-monitor OS settings.

This is 100%:
Capture.PNG
Oh yes, of course. I forgot that my monitor is a higher resolution (around 2600 pixels wide) and that Reason does some automatic scaling - I feel so dumb. Well spotted. Anyway, the artifacts should not be there, right?

nooomy

19 Apr 2022

reasonwhy wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Here are some more screenshots related to the previous post:

bug5.png

bug6.png

Are the blurry LEDS supposed to be like that? They have been like that since first version of Reason 12.

The 100% zoom has been f up since day one. I even reported when I did the beta testings of the release candidate.

It was one of the reasons i didn't buy version 12.

gribbly

22 Apr 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Anyone else getting "Unknown exception" every time when you right click on the devices and then left click on the same devices?
After pressing Ok of that message, I still can continue normally though.
Yes, I think the exact repro (this is on Windows) is:

1. Right click anywhere in the rack or sequencer to show a context menu (you can also repro this by left or right clicking "+ ADD DEVICE" in the rack, or any UI that pops a context menu)
2. Move your cursor outside the context menu so nothing is selected and left or right click. Or just press Esc.

This should silently cancel and close the context menu. Instead it throws the "unknown exception" error dialog.

It appears to be harmless, just annoying. My guess is something assumes it will always get a valid selection after the context menu is opened, and isn't handling the cancel case properly.

TLDR - canceling any context menu pops the "unknown exception" error dialog

I don't actually know how to file bugs? Is there a way to do that?
Reason 12 | Win 11 | gribbly.org | https://spoti.fi/39m1izC

zoidkirb

22 Apr 2022

gribbly wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Anyone else getting "Unknown exception" every time when you right click on the devices and then left click on the same devices?
After pressing Ok of that message, I still can continue normally though.

1. Right click anywhere in the rack or sequencer to show a context menu (you can also repro this by left or right clicking "+ ADD DEVICE" in the rack, or any UI that pops a context menu)
2. Move your cursor outside the context menu so nothing is selected and left or right click. Or just press Esc.

This should silently cancel and close the context menu. Instead it throws the "unknown exception" error dialog.

It appears to be harmless, just annoying. My guess is something assumes it will always get a valid selection after the context menu is opened, and isn't handling the cancel case properly.

TLDR - canceling any context menu pops the "unknown exception" error dialog

I don't actually know how to file bugs? Is there a way to do that?
I never right click to add anything, so I tried these steps and after only adding a few devices this bug happened 100% of the time. Windows 10 here and current R12 commercial build.

Italophile

23 Apr 2022

gribbly wrote:
22 Apr 2022

I cannot replicate this. R12.2.5 on Win 11

OldSchoolSkunk

24 Apr 2022

Well i had this bad headache from the 12.2.5 update... right now i can't use it. Submitted a bug report but if anyone is having the same or similiar issue I'd like to know.

After updating to Reason 12.2.5 from 12.2.4 i did not test any projects in 12.2.5 however 12.2.4 version had no issues. When purchasing the new BV - X vocoder the device processed audio but none of the displays showed information (e.g wave forms etc )they remained blank. Tried re-syncing Rack extensions same result. Had Reason 11.3.9 still on computer and BV - X vocoder functioned perfectly. Uninstalled 12.2.5 and 11.3.9 re installed 12.2.4 and BV X vocoder and other devices displayed properly and functioned properly. Installed 12.2.5 BV X vocoder Reason legacy devices such as the M class EQ and PEQ 2 equalizers displays did not show EQ curves when turning the knobs Mimic creative sampler and Bass Line Generator had missing elements or could not control the small displays within the devices or change curves turning the knobs. I am running Reason 12.x on a AMD 1100T with 16GB RAM and a legacy Radeon 6950 graphics card. Will go back to 12.2.4 I don't know if i touched any older projects with 12.2.5

iwaiwa

26 Apr 2022

OldSchoolSkunk wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Will go back to 12.2.4 I don't know if i touched any older projects with 12.2.5

Yes, unfortunately 12.2.5 (Windows version) is unusable for me with the Exception Errors that are likely triggered by whatever "graphics improvements" came in the 12.2.5 update.

I've tried everything on my Windows 10 Pro, Intel Graphics card, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD Drive $2K(usd) computer (that I also use for music/audio with Bitwig and Ableton).

Even when I have Windows Display set to 100% Scale and Zoom 100% in Reason DAW and Reason Rack Plugin, I still get the Exception Errors.

I think the issue is when REs "graphically render" and respond to certain Mouse clicks, the "pixel coordinates" (visual 'on screen' vs real internal) aren't matching up to the mapped graphics x,y coordinates - thus 'erroring out'.

Mac OS doesn't have this problem for me. There's something going astray between Reason's Graphics / Mouse I/O "pixel coordinates" engine and the 'two-way' communication/info from the Windows 10 OS and the Graphics Driver. The pixel info/coordinates are not matching up (and possibly made more complex going through the Zoom View algorithm, even when set at 100%)

I pay for a Subscription but can't use the product.

Is there a best way to roll back to 12.2.4 -- I had zero issues with that version.

OldSchoolSkunk

26 Apr 2022

iwaiwa wrote:
26 Apr 2022
OldSchoolSkunk wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Will go back to 12.2.4 I don't know if i touched any older projects with 12.2.5

Yes, unfortunately 12.2.5 (Windows version) is unusable for me with the Exception Errors that are likely triggered by whatever "graphics improvements" came in the 12.2.5 update.

I've tried everything on my Windows 10 Pro, Intel Graphics card, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD Drive $2K(usd) computer (that I also use for music/audio with Bitwig and Ableton).

Even when I have Windows Display set to 100% Scale and Zoom 100% in Reason DAW and Reason Rack Plugin, I still get the Exception Errors.

I think the issue is when REs "graphically render" and respond to certain Mouse clicks, the "pixel coordinates" (visual 'on screen' vs real internal) aren't matching up to the mapped graphics x,y coordinates - thus 'erroring out'.

Mac OS doesn't have this problem for me. There's something going astray between Reason's Graphics / Mouse I/O "pixel coordinates" engine and the 'two-way' communication/info from the Windows 10 OS and the Graphics Driver. The pixel info/coordinates are not matching up (and possibly made more complex going through the Zoom View algorithm, even when set at 100%)

I pay for a Subscription but can't use the product.

Is there a best way to roll back to 12.2.4 -- I had zero issues with that version.
Here is the link to re install 12.2.4
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1224

iwaiwa

26 Apr 2022

OldSchoolSkunk wrote:
26 Apr 2022

Here is the link to re install 12.2.4
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1224
Excellent. Thank you very much OldSchoolSkunk !

Hopefully RS will get it resolved soon.

iwaiwa

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2022

Could I make up some requests?

A single button to lock arm all channels, tracks, etc, and that stays locked on.
An option to automatically switch sequencer selection to be linked with Rack view selection so when playing a midi instrument there's no need to pop up the seq section and select the instrument there for receiving midi from keyboard....
An option to Glue lock together Mixer faders that stays locked together
Updated Master Fx factory setups
Native Mac M1 help support channel for developers that feels alone...
BPM PLAYER with multiple CV out!!!!

• Information