Reason 12.2.5 Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
campbejo
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2022

I've lost visuals on all new devices in the rack as well as audio tracks in the sequencer... completely unusable.

jack type

26 Mar 2022

I tried to download the beta to eventually log my problem but did not know that I also needed to be selected to become a beta tester...

"We open up slots for beta testing every now and then. If and when you're selected for beta testing you'll get an email from us with further instructions."

Oh well, back to 12.2.4 I go...
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

orthodox
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

jack type wrote:
26 Mar 2022
I tried to download the beta to eventually log my problem but did not know that I also needed to be selected to become a beta tester...

"We open up slots for beta testing every now and then. If and when you're selected for beta testing you'll get an email from us with further instructions."

Oh well, back to 12.2.4 I go...
You could wait until Monday when there is somebody at the office to select you for beta testing.

campbejo
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2022

it's good they enjoy a weekend, take a break from your hard work.

campbejo
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2022

Honestly pathetic. How do I post videos? It's broken.

Calazzus

27 Mar 2022

I keep asking this question everywhere and I never get a response. Does anyone know if multi timbral MIDI is in Reason Studios plan ever?

chrischrischris

27 Mar 2022

campbejo wrote:
27 Mar 2022
hi

Is your issue similar to the issues that I have displayed on page 1 of this thread?

If so I may have a temporary solution. I am also waiting for a reply from reason!

Go to device manager

find graphics card

Update graphics card

Let Me Pick

Microsoft basic display adapter

then, and only then once it is installed the driver open reason. Display should be as expected.

Once reason has fully opened then repeat the steps above only allow windows to automatically find the best driver and it will update to The actual graphics card driver.

Unfortunately you have to repeat this process each time you reopen reason but apart from the odd hardware exception it is pretty stable.

For the record, I believe it’s something to do with open GL although the card that I use is capable of GL 4.5 so I’m not sure the reason is that or that the problem is reason

Heigen5

27 Mar 2022

Anyone else getting "Unknown exception" every time when you right click on the devices and then left click on the same devices?
After pressing Ok of that message, I still can continue normally though.

Exowildebeest

27 Mar 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Anyone else getting "Unknown exception" every time when you right click on the devices and then left click on the same devices?
Yes, I had something similar. Right clicked the rack to browse for a device, got the "unknown exception" at some point, clicked OK, retried, it worked, and I moved on.

Heigen5

27 Mar 2022

Exowildebeest wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Yes, I had something similar. Right clicked the rack to browse for a device, got the "unknown exception" at some point, clicked OK, retried, it worked, and I moved on.
Ok, good to know it's not just me. By the way, it does it every time, when I do this, i.e. when I right click somewhere and then pressing left mouse after that.

jack type

27 Mar 2022

campbejo wrote:
27 Mar 2022
it's good they enjoy a weekend, take a break from your hard work.
Well, to wait till Monday was not the message I got from the signup process: "If and when you're selected" there's even an if there...
No worries I'm letting everyone enjoy their weekend, I'm not demanding anything, in fact I'm yet to create a support ticket. I just try to fix things when I got the free time to do so. I sure don't want to be dealing with these kinds of problems while I'm working.
Music composer/sound designer for media and video games.
Reason 12, Digital Performer 11, REAPER 6, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Windows 10.

iwaiwa

27 Mar 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
yup, same here. lots of them.

ltbrunt00

28 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
24 Mar 2022
I have never before now experienced any issues with reason. Now I get "unknown exception" all the time. Though I am a proficient user I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. FML.
I am also getting the "unkown exception error" for no apparent reason. Daw and devices where the message occur keep working without any noticeable decline in performance.
I do wonder when VST3 support will come.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

campbejo
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2022

chrischrischris wrote:
27 Mar 2022
campbejo wrote:
27 Mar 2022
hi

Is your issue similar to the issues that I have displayed on page 1 of this thread?

If so I may have a temporary solution. I am also waiting for a reply from reason!

Go to device manager

find graphics card

Update graphics card

Let Me Pick

Microsoft basic display adapter

then, and only then once it is installed the driver open reason. Display should be as expected.

Once reason has fully opened then repeat the steps above only allow windows to automatically find the best driver and it will update to The actual graphics card driver.

Unfortunately you have to repeat this process each time you reopen reason but apart from the odd hardware exception it is pretty stable.

For the record, I believe it’s something to do with open GL although the card that I use is capable of GL 4.5 so I’m not sure the reason is that or that the problem is reason
Thanks mate, I'll give that a go.

gbuck

29 Mar 2022

Finally, with this release Reason is working properly again. Thanks Reason Studio Dudes and Dudett's! (spelled wrong, oh well)

loui
Reason Studios

30 Mar 2022

supersmarter wrote:
26 Mar 2022
There's funny bug which I experience only after I updated to 12.2.5 - I call it dancing rack :)

Was playing with Reason today and was thinking something like "wait I am not drunk yet...what is happening with my eyesight"...

See my GIF screenshot. Rack is dancing on itself. Right side of it. See my mouse pointer and then look at the rack closely. It is dancing up and down. No I am not moving it, it moves itself. Cool haha

dancing_rack.gif
Have you reported it to us? If not, please do.

I like that you gave the bug a name, so please use it in your report :puf_smile:
Here are links to the beta. Very helpful for us if you could reproduce in a logging beta. It can be installed in parallell with your Reason 12.2.5.

Sign-up: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Get beta: https://reasonbeta.reasonstudios.com/

dvdrtldg

30 Mar 2022

This is going great for me. I'd gone back to R11 because 12 made my GPU fan go crazy, this update seems to have solved the problem. Happy camper

plaamook

30 Mar 2022

loui wrote:
30 Mar 2022
supersmarter wrote:
26 Mar 2022
There's funny bug which I experience only after I updated to 12.2.5 - I call it dancing rack :)

Was playing with Reason today and was thinking something like "wait I am not drunk yet...what is happening with my eyesight"...

See my GIF screenshot. Rack is dancing on itself. Right side of it. See my mouse pointer and then look at the rack closely. It is dancing up and down. No I am not moving it, it moves itself. Cool haha

dancing_rack.gif
Have you reported it to us? If not, please do.

I like that you gave the bug a name, so please use it in your report :puf_smile:
Here are links to the beta. Very helpful for us if you could reproduce in a logging beta. It can be installed in parallell with your Reason 12.2.5.

Sign-up: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup
Get beta: https://reasonbeta.reasonstudios.com/
I don't know about anyone else and I don't know what OS he's on but I've got so many of these little glitches...some when scrolling some when not...I'm not even sure how you would want me to start reporting them. They pop up all over. Rack, Sequencer...it's almost constant...like the whole things about to have a psychotic episode or there's acid worms crawling around under the screen. I've mentioned this before, posted a little video somewhere, but no one responded so I forgot about it.
Doesn't seem to effect the functioning of it but it's creepy and it hasn't improved one bit with all the updates. 12.2.5 has introduced a new kind of flicker in the Rack. I've noticed a new glitch with audio clips when importing them to the sequencer today but I've no idea how long that's been around.

What do you suggest? Just run beta for a while and send logs? It's not like a specific moment I'm trying to capture like I said.

OSX Catalina running Reason at 80% Res
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

drloop

30 Mar 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
I get this message too. This is annoying I am really getting tired of the bugs in Reason.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2022

drloop wrote:
30 Mar 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Mar 2022
I get this message too. This is annoying I am really getting tired of the bugs in Reason.
I haven’t used R12 since I bought it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

illlumen

30 Mar 2022

I'm still on R10. Are there any real benefits in upgrading? Ever since R12 was released most of the things I've read here sounded like bugs fixed that got introduced with R12. Don’t need hi res, maybe faster overall performance, but it sounds like R12 even needs more CPU anyways. How’s your experience here?

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Mar 2022

illlumen wrote:
30 Mar 2022
I'm still on R10. Are there any real benefits in upgrading? Ever since R12 was released most of the things I've read here sounded like bugs fixed that got introduced with R12. Don’t need hi res, maybe faster overall performance, but it sounds like R12 even needs more CPU anyways. How’s your experience here?
It was worth it for me. Now I can't imagine I would ever go back to R10. I don't use hi-res, all my displays are plain FullHD. The R12 performance seems to be almost the same as R10. They say that the GUI performance is even better for rack devices.
You can read Release Notes for each version, maybe you'll find something useful for you.

gullum

30 Mar 2022

illlumen wrote:
30 Mar 2022
None of the bugs have affected me so for me reason 12 is working grate only annoyance was the browser not remembering the folded developers but it's now fixed. Because many of the bugs are/were graphic related then never bothered me because I use Reason to make music and not to watch .

plaamook

30 Mar 2022

Graphics bugs aside...as these don't effect performance on my rig...the only real problem is a mimic bug, but I'm trying to do unnatural things to it. Otherwise I'm still happy I upgraded.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Dante

31 Mar 2022

I had to revert this back to a previous 12.2 - since wave track graphics were not rendering constantly - sometimes invisible. I've been having bugs since 12 dropped - but this one was the worst so far in terms of graphics stability.

• Information